YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 863370 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#1161  April 09, 2013, 04:09:09 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
guys get your own forum already!

.... OH WAIT!

great job stealing walt's thunder. I BELIEVE IN WALTER FAST!
#1162  April 09, 2013, 04:09:39 am
EDIT: I can't read.

Walt for president!
#1163  April 09, 2013, 08:29:21 am
    • Thailand
This is super silly. Zeroz, you were a jerk and you know it. 'Fess up to your wrongs and move on. Nobody needs to to convince you that you are a troublemaker, because you know you are. Stop it or get banned forever.
#1164  April 09, 2013, 08:33:03 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
#1165  April 09, 2013, 03:32:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
This is super silly. Zeroz, you were a jerk and you know it. 'Fess up to your wrongs and move on. Nobody needs to to convince you that you are a troublemaker, because you know you are. Stop it or get banned forever.

I cant believe someone is actually trying to prove they are not a jerk by being extremely offended at people pointing out how much of a jerk they are off site.
#1166  April 09, 2013, 03:48:22 pm
  • SNK is life
Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:38:55 pm by Señor Walt
#1167  April 12, 2013, 03:38:42 pm
  • SNK is life
So, after a 5 day, dead silence both here and in the Public Staff section, as well as Iced maneuvering around my post in this very thread, I assume the final answer is a no?

Not that it would surprise me, but I'm amazed about either the utter ignorance OR secrecy about the matter at hand (not even really an issue, now is it?)
#1168  April 12, 2013, 03:42:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
With the way you conduct yourself I assumed you had to be joking.  There was some discussion about new staff, we rather have actual new people if we ever need some. We arent even sure we need some right now.

edit: and as you know, people asking to be staff and being accepted arent really that common.
#1169  April 12, 2013, 03:46:55 pm
  • SNK is life
What exactly about a direct question made you feel I was joking?
#1170  April 12, 2013, 03:50:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You basically said you wanted to be staff because someone didnt change a thread title fast enough for your taste, and considering both your behaviour arguing with people and that you know people that ask to be staffed usually arent. it looked like a joke.

Also, considering said behaviour you will now spend weeks hating me forever for having replied with a negative answer.
#1171  April 12, 2013, 03:53:31 pm
  • SNK is life
Seeing two positive or vaguely positive answers from Caddie and TDS, and knowing our history (let's not fool ourselves here) I'm assuming the main driving force for the "No" is probably you ... and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I asked though, I was prepared for a no. Thanks anyway.
#1172  April 12, 2013, 03:59:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Hardly.

Mog

#1173  April 12, 2013, 04:22:12 pm
What exactly about a direct question made you feel I was joking?

I thought you were joking too or I never would have made the comment about logging into my Caddie account.  Now that I've read your post over a few more times, I guess it could be taken either way.

It's true it was discussed and decided no new staff was needed at this time and if/when the need came up, it should be someone new.

#1174  April 12, 2013, 04:30:31 pm
    • Thailand
utter ignorance
This is the funniest thing posted in this thread yet. You're not entitled to be a staff member, only Titiln is because he's part of the Super Elite and the Illuminati.

#1175  April 13, 2013, 01:11:17 am
Actually at some point soon-ish I planned to propose you back into staff too. Guild kinda needs your nazi iron fist IMO
thanks, i appreciate it coming from you. however i said i would not hold majestic staff power here ever again and i plan on sticking to my word

on the other hand, the way discussions about bans are dragging out so much in the staff forum is bad. the fact that this guy's ban had to be discussed at length (even though users under 13 are not allowed and this has been known for years), or that dragon-kid is still shitposting. well, they're not good facts. the forum needs someone to take the iron nazi asshole fist role. someone else do it. thanks.
#1176  April 13, 2013, 01:42:30 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I feel the 3 day system slows us down badly. Most of the things that would've been accepted with a silent nod now require for general approvation, which can take days.

I know Iced feels the same way, but Caddie, MissB and JMorphman think it's a gold standard.

Posted: April 13, 2013, 01:48:04 am
Also

Goddammit people, don't leave MOVED threads up. They're a wate of space.
#1177  April 13, 2013, 01:51:23 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Goddammit people, don't leave MOVED threads up. They're a wate of space.
I'm getting better about that; it's annoying to have to uncheck that box every time I don't want to leave a redirection topic there. Somebody nag Valodim about that box, have him make it unchecked by default.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1178  April 13, 2013, 03:36:07 am
    • Thailand
oh fuck I deleted Rajaa's post fuck fuck fuck stupid fucking phone

Sorry rajaa :(
Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:35:21 am by Jmorphman
#1179  April 13, 2013, 03:53:19 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I never had any qualms with longer initial ban times, i simply thought there should be some structure to how long you ban people for.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#1180  April 13, 2013, 03:54:24 am
The 3 day ban can work when there's clearly a problem going on that needs to be cut down fast, but the mod doing the banning doesn't know what to do with it and requires advice. On cases that feel obvious enough to the mod, there's no reason for a "wait for everyone to chime in" buffer ban. And anyway, even then there's no reason someone who disagrees couldn't bring it up to discuss it still, and bring new information for a possible change in the ban.
It should be here to help and still react fast enough, not to hinder. If the opposite happens, get rid of it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.