YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat Trilogy Extended (by MKTX Team) cancellation discussion (Read 100030 times)

Started by Iced, December 28, 2015, 05:01:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy Extended (by MKTX Team)
#61  July 13, 2016, 02:19:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah if it's over and no way to get the funds back at least release it all and walk away. People worked hard for that money to give it away to something they truly enjoyed. Please consider doing at least that much.l to give them something for what they gave up.
#62  July 13, 2016, 02:20:28 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Now this is really, really a very bad thing to do with everyone that not only donated, but with everyone around that support MKTX.
Very disappointed with you MKTX Team. You threw away a very promising project and you treat every single guy not only here, but especially in the Facebook page, like nothing. Fuck off!! >:(
#63  July 13, 2016, 02:26:49 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Let's try and shift gears away from insulting for a bit. Give him a chance to compose himself and cool off. Let's try to hold our legitimate outrage and correspond in a more polite manner to persuade him to release the update and source as compensation.
#64  July 13, 2016, 02:32:59 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Le@N already got way many more insults than needed already anyway. Keep in mind that even if his arguments were hardly any good, the decision to cancel the project still wasn't his. So please, hold back on the insults. Turning this thread into a cesspool of insults towards him isn't going to get us anywhere.

Shit
#65  July 13, 2016, 02:38:55 am
  • GEE GEE
MKTX does produce some high quality work though. Regardless of this hiccup,  may the project live on. This thread could be about placing convictions against a scammer or it could be about offering support to those in the team who still want to continue the project. what do you think is more effective?
wat.
Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:42:20 am by Rent
#66  July 13, 2016, 04:52:04 am
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
Wow. I can't say I'm surprise. The Crying Man and a few others from MK Mugen are all not about this at all. Situations like this and countless others are killing the MK mugen community. everyone is leaving. We all want to love Mortal Kombat again and have that nostalgic feeling. Of course Warner Bro business practices isn't helping that. Situation like this... Damn.

Well The Crying Man is sorry about all this everyone.
#67  July 13, 2016, 05:47:45 am
  • Shit
I've seen on Kage's Youtube comments in which he replied this to a comment:

Hi. I'm glad that you liked the project. Unfortunately now I have no any wish to continue the work. Leaked project completely demoralized me. Maybe someday MKTX will be back. But now I need to rest.

Is it canceled or not? This whole "maybe it's canceled" talk is giving me a headache. I do hope it continues, because at least that way it won't mean he's walking away with people's donations... and I actually like his game, damn it.

Shit
#68  July 13, 2016, 11:40:12 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
After reading all this, I think you're better off assuming that he canceled this and ran away with people's money.
Demoralized cause one of the builds got leaked? Right...
#69  July 13, 2016, 04:28:13 pm
  • Shit
This might be slightly off-topic, but apparently... my account was set to inactive in his own forum, even though it was working just fine yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/GMuRt3j.png

I'm really not trying to go hard on the guy in here right now, but he's doing the complete opposite and turning his own forum into his personal safe space. I would've understood if I even remotely said a thing about him in there, but I didn't even think of attacking him on the forum. Usually, forum bans are related to things that happen... within the forum itself. If you can't understand that, then you're just abusing admin powers.

Shit
Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:36:51 pm by MotorRoach
#70  July 13, 2016, 06:04:13 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
#71  July 14, 2016, 12:32:23 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Hi. I'm glad that you liked the project. Unfortunately now I have no any wish to continue the work. Leaked project completely demoralized me. Maybe someday MKTX will be back. But now I need to rest.

Damn, Kage again with that excuse? ¬¬
#72  July 14, 2016, 02:29:48 am
    • USA
From Kage on a MKTX VK group site:

"No characters graphics. And I have no desire to begging someone who leaked project, though we aren't at loggerheads, it doesn't make sence to make version with empty select, nobody will be rotated. In general, idea of donations also failed, because doesn't justify the loss of time on this constructor. MKTX will be temporarily frozen before the motivation will come back and there will be resources available. To everyone who supported project: I'm sorry that it happened, but stabbed in the back didn't pass without consequences. If you would like to take donations for v1.040 back then write in (VK group) or YouTube's channel."

And MotorRoach, Le@N's reason: MotorRoach was blocked for destruction of MKTX reputation.

#73  July 14, 2016, 03:51:29 am
  • Shit
I... never said a single negative thing about the project. In fact, everything I mentioned about the project was always support, and I STILL love the work put into it. I can safely say that this is my favorite MK fangame of all time, and I talked about this game with a great portion of my friends (one of them saw it and even though it was something official from Midway before I told them it's a fangame). I said nothing but good things about the project, and even helped spread it a little. In short, I've always supported the project, and I'm still willing to support them in the future once they get back to work on it. How the FUCK did I destroy their reputation?

Not only that, but Kage himself is much more clear about what is going on, while Le@N himself just attacked me and gave me vague reasoning to what was happening. Just an apology and fixed the issue about my name not being in the list would've been enough, but no, he thinks it's justified to just take my money "as compensation", and on top of that, he blocked me from the MK Mugen Works group on Facebook.

He's telling the whole group that I don't deserve the "something" the other donors will get because I "overreacted", yet he's the one banning and blocking me from everything, and shitting on top of me as much as possible. Is this what I get for donating to your game?

Shit
#74  July 14, 2016, 04:05:49 am
    • USA
This is why I never wanted to work with other people in a big mugen project. Because you end up with shitty people like Le@N.
#75  July 14, 2016, 04:17:45 am
  • Shit
The most sad part is that he could just get in here, and post "sorry for my behavior, I'll put Roach's name back on the list. This won't happen again", and the damage he caused would be fixed, and everyone could get back on supporting the project in a way or another.

Instead, he's taking the course of action that is only tainting the reputation of his project even further. Great job, Le@N, you caused a lot of people to lose interest on your project.

Shit
#76  July 14, 2016, 07:54:04 am
  • ORA ORA!!!
Great project, but the lack of planning is killing it, sadly.
#77  July 14, 2016, 08:26:50 am
    • USA
MotorRoach, I seen you support this Project to the end and defended the project from Fireboy for trying to shut it down.
#78  July 14, 2016, 08:23:11 pm
BTW, I already checked recent messages here.

but the lack of planning is killing it
Wrong. There was detailed plan about characters and other features.
Any problems were caused by leak of developer build. Thanks to MKTX designer who worked on characters.
Besides, promised UMK3 characters were abandoned. For 3 months already.

sorry for my behavior, I'll put Roach's name back on the list
Really? It seriously wasn't my fault to leave such messages.

I never wanted to work with other people
Excellent. Never heard about you or your contributions anyways.

it's justified to just take my money "as compensation"
It wasn't really interesting joke. And I was upset by your messages during this period.

From Kage on a MKTX VK group site
I asked Kage to leave message in MKTX group and translated.

Damn, Kage again with that excuse?
He never planned to upload MKTX without protection. If you don't like such excuse it's your personal problem.

I think you're better off assuming that he canceled this and ran away with people's money.
Thanks. I was surprised to read several neutral posts here.

it won't mean he's walking away with people's donations
If you will bother to check VK group.. Kage said about donations without specific requirements.
No matter. Like I already said people will receive something.

the Mega link in the former OP isn't working anymore
Removed.
#79  July 14, 2016, 08:27:14 pm
  • Shit
I never wanted to work with other people
Excellent. Never heard about you or your contributions anyways.

Le@N, I'll have to stop you here. What you're saying in here is very impolite to him, especially when he's just stating his opinion on working on big projects and not really attacking MKTX in his statement. What you're saying is mildly offensive and will only give you a bad image.

Also:

If you will bother to check VK group.. Kage said about donations without specific requirements.
No matter. Like I already said people will receive something.

I thought the VK page was Russian-only?

Into the topic itself, can someone split the argument posts from the thread? This isn't getting anywhere.

Shit
#80  July 14, 2016, 08:49:57 pm
    • USA
Le@N, I'll have to stop you here. What you're saying in here is very impolite to him, especially when he's just stating his opinion on working on big projects and not really attacking MKTX in his statement. What you're saying is mildly offensive and will only give you a bad image.

I think you're pretty late to stopping him because:

1) He already has a bad image.
2) I don't really give a damn if he knows me or not.
3) He's been posting offensive things since days ago. Even going as far as insulting the very same people who donated towards his project.

Let him be. I want to see how lower he can go. At least if I cancel a project all that's lost is my own time, not other peoples' money. But of course, we forgot that Le@N needs the money to compensate for some "Moral damage"  :angel:

Into the topic itself, can someone split the argument posts from the thread? This isn't getting anywhere.

Split what? This IS all that's left of the project. Why do you want the discussion to have a separate thread when the game is DEAD anyway?