YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 556705 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#81  June 29, 2016, 09:57:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I think what they meant was Leaver penalty.

And technically you DID lose.
#82  June 29, 2016, 08:55:20 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
2 dudes left one of my ranked matches and the game told me that I could quit with no penalty in the next 60 seconds. No penalty my ass, it counted as a loss :/

Still, 7 of 10 wins was a nice result with pubs. Can't complain. Only found one whiner in the entire thing.

You're so lucky, out of the 6 games I've had so far, 4 of those were losses... and the last two was because people left, this last one I had just now had two players quit because they were shit talking the entire match, then in the second round I'm the only one in the team left before the match even begins, you can already tell how that went -__-"
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:05:32 pm by DelusionTrim
#83  June 29, 2016, 11:39:31 pm
    • USA
Warning! KoTH matches seem to be glitched. They give you a VERY PITIFUL amount of rank progress.

Other type of matches are fine. I got quite a lot of progress in a payload match, then lost TWO other matches because THE SUDDEN DEATH MECHANIC IS BULLSHIT and we'll have to endure it the entire season. Kill me now, I went all the way down to rank 50 because of sudden death :/, this ranked system sucks balls.
#84  June 30, 2016, 05:46:02 am
Speaking of Sudden Death mechanic, anyone mind to explain the differences to me? In one of the games I lost, I was on the defense side and the payload almost reached its destination but it didn't, yet we lost... that doesn't occur outside of Sudden Death, why is that?
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#85  June 30, 2016, 07:23:29 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm on console so we don't have competitive mode, but....

Were you guys in reversed roles last match and made less progress than they did?
#86  June 30, 2016, 12:07:52 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
If the match goes to sudden death the attacking team only needs to cap 1 Point to win
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#87  July 01, 2016, 05:15:23 am
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
I got Overwatch semi-recently for the PC, my B.Net tag is Dumanios#11751.
#88  July 01, 2016, 05:38:48 am
Today I found a new love for D.Va, I remember not doing well with her in the beginning, but man... I've improved a lot with her recently, gave the other team trouble and even scored a triple kill with her ult in ranked, it's so satisfying when her ult works.

Also, Junker alt... 1000 coins well spent, love it.

If the match goes to sudden death the attacking team only needs to cap 1 Point to win

Oh that explains it... seems pretty meaningless to have the match go on after the first cap though.
#89  July 01, 2016, 09:32:23 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I'm not sure what you mean, the match doesn't continue in sudden death after the first point is capped or defended.

#90  July 01, 2016, 12:25:45 pm
I'm not sure what you mean, the match doesn't continue in sudden death after the first point is capped or defended.

Weird... this specific match I'm talking about had my team lose just before the payload reached its final goal, I wonder what that was about.
#91  July 01, 2016, 08:29:55 pm
    • USA
#92  July 02, 2016, 07:21:32 am
Welp won 5, lost 5... I'm currently at rank 41, this ain't so bad right?
#93  July 02, 2016, 11:53:14 pm
    • USA
Rank 41 is extremely bad, lol. The standard would be around 50 right now but is not a big deal anyway, nothing that cannot be fixed with winning.
#94  July 03, 2016, 01:44:54 am
I swear I have such an awful luck when I go to ranked, it's just such bullshit whenever someone leaves the match midway through and we have to deal with this for the remaining rounds.

Rank 41 is extremely bad, lol. The standard would be around 50 right now but is not a big deal anyway, nothing that cannot be fixed with winning.

Welp I didn't know about this :V

Ugh those ragequits from my team hurt my ranking considerably... sure it wasn't for granted that we'd win, but there was still a chance ._.
#95  July 03, 2016, 02:09:35 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Rank 41 is not extremely bad, it's definitely below average though.

#96  July 04, 2016, 07:54:46 am
Welp reached rank 45 today, it wasn't as hard as I thought.

Also, I just gotta love how balanced this game really feels, every character seems good atm with their goods and bads, there isn't a single character that's like bottom or god tier thankfully.
#97  July 04, 2016, 08:54:36 am
    • USA
Ranked is busted right now and they're not going to fix it until next season. I keep moving from 52 to 54 and then back to 52 almost every single day because of how stupid it is.

Not only your team is a coin flip (As much as sudden deaths) but your personal skill barely affects your rank gained/lost so your rank is at the mercy of matchmaking. Gold medals and "fire" seem to slightly affect it, which means healers will have a shitty time getting extra rank (This also means Lucio will get even shittier rank because his speed boost doesn't give any fire or affects his medals).

Then you're told that you get the teams you get because the game assembles a team with similar skills to yours but if you're a guy who gets 4 gold medals all the time (In my case with freaking D.Va) and you're close to level 100 then how the fuck is your skill in any way similar to the level 28 dude who instapicks hanzo no matter what?

Ah yeah. I forgot about what happened to me today:

The Blizzard servers disconnected me for a second and I rejoined the match like 10 seconds after that. We still lost at the end but whatever. Then I see the rank lost and BAM:

OK, cool. Thanks Blizzard. Then I got into another match and we won 2 of the 3 rounds. Near the end of the round my team loses a member (Probably because his internet failed or whatever), then an opponent disconnects, then another opponent disconnects but later reconnects. 5vs5, we end the match, this is the rank gained:

You gain a pitiful amount whenever an opponent ragequits. In fact, you gain less rank if your teammates quit too, even if you manage to win. This is one of the worst ranked systems ever and coming from Blizzard, who should know better by now, is a disaster.
Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:02:25 am by A generous backer(s)
#98  July 04, 2016, 12:29:20 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Also, I just gotta love how balanced this game really feels, every character seems good atm with their goods and bads, there isn't a single character that's like bottom or god tier thankfully.

Unoess you're one of those super competitive people. The kind that say that Mei, Torbjorn and Bastion are too situational to be effective, only pick Mercy as their support character unless it's KotH and go Double Winston all day.
#99  July 04, 2016, 08:12:46 pm
    • USA
#100  July 06, 2016, 10:09:58 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA