YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 557542 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#121  July 18, 2016, 11:31:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Hitting level 118 gave me my 12th legendary skin.

Anyway, I think you're all forgetting that Roadhog is a bigger target. So many times I've been forced to take cover because I lost half my health as Roadhog in situations I could have taken much less damage with another hero. Roadhog can heal himself because otherwise he wouldn't last very long despite his 600 health. McCree can actually hit from longer range, he doesn't necessarily have to be close range to kill someone. Roadhog's kill ranges are Short to Short-mid.

Curiously, I've been finding myself pairing up with a friendly Mei when playing as Zarya. Clearly, this was intentional of Blizzard as they wanted to represent
COMMUNISM
in their game.
#122  July 18, 2016, 10:49:21 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Actually hitting a bullet with McCree from longer distances is harder than it looks though... it'a definitely harder than to hit someone with Roadhog's hook in quite a lot of cases, and in this case Roadhog would do much more damage than McCree could :V
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#123  July 18, 2016, 11:26:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
But people already expect the hook when they see Roadhog and will start baiting it.
#124  July 18, 2016, 11:50:36 pm
Fair enough, though it's still easier to hit with his hook at least to me...

I'm curious about one thing, are there any heroes in real need for buffs? We all know Zenyatta and D.Va needed certain things, and they buffed now in PTR. Apparently Hanzo, Torb and Mei are considered not very good though I dunno what good buffs these could get.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:01:08 am by DelusionTrim
#125  July 19, 2016, 03:25:05 am
    • Puerto Rico
The only buff I can think of for Mei is to make her freeze faster, but that would be overkill.
#126  July 19, 2016, 08:53:45 pm
So the patch is now live, Ana is playable + the changes to characters and stuff.

Man, I'm loving this buff to McCree, it may be too early to tell but this buff did wonders to his damage, I may actually get to use him in ranked now. Ironically though, his FTH is probably not that much of primary thing to him anymore, I think he will be better for sniping and such (anti-flanking is still a thing, but ever since the nerf it's no guarantee to kill every character).
#127  July 20, 2016, 12:31:26 am
    • Puerto Rico
Looks like patch in console will be later. Some people are predicting on friday due to competitive mode.

Edit:

Curiously, I've been finding myself pairing up with a friendly Mei when playing as Zarya. Clearly, this was intentional of Blizzard as they wanted to represent
COMMUNISM
in their game.
As I was saying...
Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:00:31 am by Darkflare
#128  July 20, 2016, 05:00:05 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Hey Darkflare i think we just played together where you a Symmetra on defense and then Tracer on attack on Dorado a few minutes ago?
#129  July 20, 2016, 10:00:10 am
    • Puerto Rico
Oh shit, we did play together. Felt really weird to play Symmetra though. I rarely use her since I usually play Snipers, Mei or Mercy on defense.
#130  July 20, 2016, 11:32:22 pm
Man sometimes there are days that I'm having an extra bad luck in ranked... just today I was stuck with a defense team where two players decided to pick McCree and Tracer for whatever reason (the latter chose her for the 2 rounds when we were on the defense team), later there was an Ana that wasn't experienced enough (and we had Mercy already, we just needed more damage), and now one D.Va who said my Mei sucks despite me being silver on everything and then quits mid-match.

Ugh I love the game but it's things like these that just pisses me off :V

Edit: Oh my god today is not my day, was like rank 47 or something and went all the way down to 41. Granted the loss some matches were because they were tough but a lot of them were due rage quitters and other times where people made bad picks, I should just take a break for today.
Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:21:52 am by DelusionTrim
#131  July 21, 2016, 09:16:37 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I've been told that a lot of players are bad until at least mid 50s.
I've avoided competitive mode entirely because I don't have a group to play with. The 50-50 of quick play is good enough.
#132  July 22, 2016, 12:08:13 am
    • USA
#133  July 22, 2016, 12:11:51 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#134  July 22, 2016, 12:33:09 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
New patch is up on PS4
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747634650

i know Torb's turret was getting a damage nerf but why nerf Symmetra's as well her turrets die in a single hit they just made her even less likely to get picked hell i still don't think they even fixed the Torb problem as it was never damage but the fact they insta locked on to a target and with console aiming it was a pain in the ass. If Symmetra needed a change it was to not allow a teleporter to be placed so you can walk out of it off the edge tired of these trolls thinking it's funny.

Oh shit, we did play together. Felt really weird to play Symmetra though. I rarely use her since I usually play Snipers, Mei or Mercy on defense.

That was a good 2 matches and you did great as her i couldn't tell you didn't play her much.

Edit: and Mei is now bugged on PS4 her walls stay up until they get shot down or that Mei player puts up another Wall the walls even stay if they switch off Mei i think i need a drink.
Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:18:08 am by Girard
#135  July 22, 2016, 10:25:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
I was expecting to see a bunch of Anas, but I wasn't expecting to see a bunch of D.Vas, Zenyattas and McCrees too.

That was a good 2 matches and you did great as her i couldn't tell you didn't play her much.

Oh good, I was just going off by what I've seen before and a general idea of how that gun of hers works.

Too bad her turrets got nerfed too.
#136  July 22, 2016, 08:30:19 pm
Considering how buffed these 3 are now it's no surprise really, they are really good now. McCree is definitely gonna be a monster for those who know how to aim well.

Had no idea Symmetra was nerfed, maybe because I play on PC but was there a reason for it get nerfed on PS4? Speaking of which, she's one of those characters that needs attention in regards to balancing, shield is like hardly noticeable and turrets can be pretty easy to counter :V
#137  July 22, 2016, 08:40:15 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
I was expecting to see a bunch of Anas, but I wasn't expecting to see a bunch of D.Vas, Zenyattas and McCrees too.
I faced an entire team of D.Vas on Lijiang Tower this morning, until one of them switched to Mercy.

Not fun, not fun at all.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#138  July 22, 2016, 09:02:21 pm
Entire team of D.Va's? I'm really curious, how did your team even hit her unless you had like a Mei, Zarya or Winston?
#139  July 22, 2016, 09:08:51 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
I don't remember, but we did lose.

I was Roadhog at first before switching to Zenyatta. But those three, I'll remember that the rare instance it'd happen again, since I do frequent Zarya and I've been picking up Winston recently.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#140  July 23, 2016, 04:04:29 am
After some time playing McCree again (he was my main before the nerf), I may end up using him more on offense than Soldier 76 with the nerf he got... not that he's terrible now, but the spread recovery not being instant anymore hurts long range combat which in turn makes things like killing snipers, Pharah, and turrets quite harder.

The damage McCree pulls off at longer distances is insane, I think I'm getting better at aiming too considering he isn't nearly as much of a right-click character he used to be... I've improved from 33% to 45-50% in most matches recently, he's so good at countering Pharah it's not even funny.
Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:15:09 am by DelusionTrim