YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 556671 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#221  August 22, 2016, 07:20:52 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
So the new stage (Eichenwalde) is available in PTR now (it's in the weekly brawl spot), so anyone who has the PC version can now play in it. It's pretty fun, visually beautiful and there are quite a lot of passage ways... I got disoriented the first time I played on it, but I guess that's because it's a new map and all.

Widowmaker also would need more than 150 dmg back I feel, her scope animation is soooo slow compared to Ana's for instance, they could do something about that without having the broken quick scope cancelling.

Weirdly enough I don't think I got a single duplicate for legendaries nor epics... outside of maybe one Lucio and one American McCree, maybe I just got that lucky over these past weeks lol.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#222  August 25, 2016, 05:30:31 pm
In the latest PTR update they nerfed Hanzo's hitbox by 33% and buffed Soldier 76's aim spread recovery.

Soldier feels a lot more consistent now... not better than pre-nerf, but still way better than post nerf.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#223  August 25, 2016, 05:36:23 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
#224  August 25, 2016, 05:42:12 pm
    • USA
I'm salty as fuck because I ended up getting practically every fucking summer skin except Pepsiva.

I'm not touching this game until the next competitive season. Fuck these fucking special boxes, the skin will stare at me in the hero gallery until the next chance NEXT YEAR (MAYBE), and I'm probably not going to get it anyway because fuck Blizzard.
#225  August 25, 2016, 07:31:28 pm
At least you had a chance of getting a D.Va skin... Mei on the other hand didn't get anything despite how her outfit in the spray and profile pic would've been a good summer skin for her, I know I would've loved if she at least got that :V
#226  August 25, 2016, 09:23:39 pm
    • USA
Yeah, and now I'll have the chance to see my friend use the pepsiva skin whenever he plays as her for the next 12 months :/
#227  August 25, 2016, 09:38:28 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
The worst part is since it'll happen again next year you can bet the characters released between now and then will have summer sprays, voice lines and icons adding more things to the loot pool making it even harder to get specific skins.

At least you had a chance of getting a D.Va skin... Mei on the other hand didn't get anything despite how her outfit in the spray and profile pic would've been a good summer skin for her, I know I would've loved if she at least got that :V

I wish this was my problem with the event at least i would have 80 bucks more then i do now.
#228  September 02, 2016, 02:04:53 am
    • USA
#229  September 02, 2016, 05:56:29 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Tried out the new map a few times, and boy is it big.

I have noticed that I've been getting snuck up from behind pretty easily on this map on the Attack side, I gotta be more careful.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#230  September 03, 2016, 02:32:17 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Good god, the choke point on the first objective on Eichenwald.  You get a Symmetra and one halfway decent sniper and you can completely halt the entire enemy team almost as soon as they make it out of their spawn.   They really need to open that up in future updates because Jesus Constrictor Christ is that map stacked in favor of the defense.
#231  September 03, 2016, 02:45:19 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
-takes out notepad-

Tell me, where exactly do I place those turrets, Person Man?

玉と碎けよ!
#232  September 03, 2016, 03:11:32 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The choke point is that archway before the big plaza.  There's only three ways to get through there;  Straight through the middle, the path behind it to the left, or the doorway on the right on top of the arch.  Pop two on the ceiling right inside either of the side paths and the other two on the outer wall of the arch on the defense side and you've got a shutout.

The only way around that is if they've got a Tracer or Genji who can get past it fast enough, or a Pharah or D.Va who can jump it, but so long as the rest of your team is halfway decent they won't get much farther either.
Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:17:29 am by Person Man
#233  September 04, 2016, 03:52:42 am
Oh boy placement matches are really something... went 6 losses 1 draw and 3 wins, at least a couple of these were because of one guy who left, last match was in Eichenwalde and we lost the first round because being on attack is mostly a death sentence but then when we end up on defense one of my teammates quits of course, you know how well that went.

Anyways, placement I got is 2387... sounds similar to season 1 where I placed at 44 because it's below average, and man if it's anything like rank 40s were then I'm in for a rollercoaster ride. Hopefully I can still go up like before :V

The choke point is that archway before the big plaza.  There's only three ways to get through there;  Straight through the middle, the path behind it to the left, or the doorway on the right on top of the arch.  Pop two on the ceiling right inside either of the side paths and the other two on the outer wall of the arch on the defense side and you've got a shutout.

The only way around that is if they've got a Tracer or Genji who can get past it fast enough, or a Pharah or D.Va who can jump it, but so long as the rest of your team is halfway decent they won't get much farther either.

My ranked match had the enemy team (defense) playing with a Bastion and Symmetra, it was pretty insane... we tried to pick bastion when we went for defense but a Pharah came up and our Bastion didn't kill her in time, so yeah.

You also forgot the other character who can jump over that house: Junkrat! Yeah he can double jump over it, I find myself doing it all the time lol.
Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 03:56:52 am by DelusionTrim
#234  September 07, 2016, 11:40:43 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Earlier today on the Temple of Anubis: I witnesses Reinhardt taking a giant leap over the bridge just before Objective A while yelling "HAMMER DOWN".

I'm still scratching my head as to how he managed to jump so high in the first place.

玉と碎けよ!
#235  September 07, 2016, 11:55:20 pm
    • USA
I fucking hate this game at times.
#236  September 08, 2016, 12:46:14 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Earlier today on the Temple of Anubis: I witnesses Reinhardt taking a giant leap over the bridge just before Objective A while yelling "HAMMER DOWN".

I'm still scratching my head as to how he managed to jump so high in the first place.
Reinhardt can activate his ultimate in mid air. Of course, it doesn't trigger until he actually lands.

I fucking hate this game at times.
I would bring more people with you in competitive next time.
Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:51:57 am by Darkflare
#237  September 08, 2016, 01:29:52 am
Anyone been experiencing some strange lag as of late? It's like a full second delay to hit something and walking being slippery... I dunno how to explain it, but it sure is a hell of annoying because it makes the game nearly unplayable >__>.
#238  September 08, 2016, 04:16:26 am
    • USA
6 victories and 4 defeats later:

And the first match after being ranked was won via massive ragequitting :D

IDK why people do that. Someone quit as soon as round 2 started because we rushed both points damn fast on the first round when we were attacking. I'd rather try and lose than just give up  :yuno:
#239  September 18, 2016, 11:01:32 pm
Well today I've been having an extra bad luck in ranked... went from 2660 to a whopping 2480~, I think I've only won one match today, yikes. Even worse was this one match with someone trolling in our team, he stayed at the spawn room for a minute before catching up to us, why ._.

In those matches I noticed a trend: I'm usually the one with the most eliminations and damage, yet I'm the tank. Now I can give it a pass if I'm Roadhog since he's good at both of these aspects and to an extent Zarya, but when I'm Reinhard and I'm protecting my team most of the time only to kill 5 people afterwards and getting gold in kills, then there must be something wrong with my DPS teammates...

I think I should play more offensive characters in ranked, I've always been more of a tank main but in the rank I'm currently at it just seems like not many players know how to play their DPS or something, it's like the team whom has the better DPS wins. I should play some Tracer and 76 or something, along with that I should bring back my Mei too, I used to rock with her in mid level rank (44-58 in season 1) and this is more or less where I'm at currently I believe.
Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:05:13 pm by DelusionTrim
#240  September 20, 2016, 09:00:46 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Finally bought Overwatch for the PS4(bite me if you want to start going PC Master Race on me, still don't have a competent gaming rig and took me awhile to finally buy a PS4) and...yeah, this game can be VERY frustrating at times if you don't even remotely have a competent group to work with.

But I'm still having plenty of fun playing Quickplay for now until I go through the long way till I unlock Competitive Mode. God, Widow seriously needs a buff after playing her...it's like Blizzard only nerfed her Sniper damage without doing a single thing to remedy the weaknesses of her other abilities otherwise(her Normal Rifle damage does basically squat for damage unless you stay on the head at all times, her Mine does dogshit in terms of actual DoT and her grapple takes way too long compared to any other ability which allows for quick movement). I honestly do like using her because Snipers rock...but it say something when I can do better with Mei than the sniper character.

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......