YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 556463 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#421  December 21, 2016, 08:18:56 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I think you guys missed my point...well Girard answered my question but he missed my point.
My point is that Overwatch's moments in the webcomic doesn't translate to the game mainly because of how Blizzard wants the game to be pure multiplayer only. So we won't know any of these things unless we read outside material. So adding things like that doesn't matter because ultimately, it will only stay tied to the comic unless the character herself gets added and we get the trivia from some lines otherwise.

So it might as well be pointless filler for those who rather see it from the game than read webcomics or scour the internet for stuff like that.

I don't recall anything in the game that would lead anyone to think Pharah was quadriplegic unless we go from a design stand point of the joints on her suit but then at that point Reinhardt should be headless since his head shouldn't fit in his helmet.

That was exactly it. Someone posted to one of the creative team on Twitter about that and they are the ones who implied it so...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#422  December 22, 2016, 05:11:55 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#423  December 23, 2016, 04:46:20 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Blizzard issued an official apology for trying to pass off a palette swap as a 'legendary skin' for Mei.

“Hi there. Sorry you are disappointed with Mei’s winter skin. We don’t have a specific rule for what makes something Legendary or Epic. We just sort of make a gut call based off of what we think is cool. Coolness is very subjective, and based off of the community reaction it seems like our gauge was off on this one. Our reasoning for it being Legendary was that we completely redid the visual effects for Cryo-Freeze (we turned the ice block into a snowman). We thought that was pretty special and we had done it specifically based on community suggestions from months ago when people were speculating that we might have a winter event. Apparently, lots of people don’t agree with us and that’s ok. It’s all good feedback and we’re learning something for future events.

For people concerned that Mei is not going to get another Legendary for a long time, you need not worry. We have something pretty awesome for her early next year.

Apologies that our “cool meter” was off from yours on this one. We’ll try to align better on future content.”

Really I don't know why they thought they could get away with changing the colors and adding a hat and calling it a legendary.  Especially when she's the only launch character who's still never gotten anything substantial in the way of cosmetics.

Speaking of skins, I finally managed to get a payoff from those holiday boxes.  I got Scrooge McCree and finally got enough coins to buy Santa Torbjorn.
#424  December 23, 2016, 10:18:47 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I love how they're not going to improve the skin in any way whatsoever to try and justify the price a bit more at least.
#425  December 23, 2016, 06:03:07 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
It would've probably been received more positively if the skin changed all the other ice effects too beyond her self-freeze, something like the wall being made of snow, the ice spray becoming white and instead of the enemy being frozen they'd get engulfed in snow, her ult would make snowflakes fall from the robot... last but not least maybe change the icicle into a carrot, would make no sense but it'd be priceless to hear Mei say "eat your vegetables" when headshotting someone (if you get this reference then I love you).

This would probably have made it more logical to have a pallete swap it as a legendary, I guess.

And as far as skins go, I got Winston's a couple days ago, yesterday I got Roadhog's skin and Zarya's emote... taking into account the duplicates/coins I have enough coins to buy 2 legendaries and 1 epic.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:11:34 pm by DelusionTrim
#426  December 23, 2016, 07:28:32 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Yea, I hope you don't have to be reminded that the cosmetic stuff shouldn't affect gameplay too much.
#427  December 23, 2016, 07:53:22 pm
Yea, I hope you don't have to be reminded that the cosmetic stuff shouldn't affect gameplay too much.

They wouldn't affect gameplay at all though, those ideas are purely visual changes (though the idea of changing the frozen enemies would probably be a little too much).

It'd be no different than say, Hanzo's wolf skins that changes the blue dragon ult into a white wolf, along with the majority of his lines.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:58:59 pm by DelusionTrim
#428  December 24, 2016, 08:37:51 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Blizzard gave out 5 holiday boxes to everyone today, so you can be disappointed 5 times in a row.
#429  December 25, 2016, 12:16:12 am
    • USA
It does seem a little ungrateful to complain about free gifts and all, though.  Then again, I got the same Reinhardt victory pose in two consecutive boxes, so...

I did get the Tracer holiday skin in one of them though, so that's cool.
#430  December 25, 2016, 04:32:31 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Really I don't know why they thought they could get away with changing the colors and adding a hat and calling it a legendary.  Especially when she's the only launch character who's still never gotten anything substantial in the way of cosmetics.

Nah that'd be Hanzo sure Mei got a recolor with a hat this time but she has also gotten a new highlight intro, emote and win pose between all the events, Hanzo got a recolor at halloween and that's it everyone else(barring Sombra) has gotten a new skin plus either a new emote, highlight intro or win pose sure he got a R.I.P win pose but so did everyone else at that time.
#431  December 26, 2016, 01:42:07 am
Welp, the first of the 5 boxes gave me Tracer's legendary, then I think the last one gave me Pharah's epic, and after that I got Zarya's skin with some levelling up.

Also I decided to say screw it and buy some of the items, I had like 7500 coins anyway and got most of the stuff I wanted... spent on Mei's emote along with her spray and line.
#432  December 26, 2016, 01:10:23 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
I was expecting garbage from those crates but I got Winston's yeti skin from it, that's the 4th legendary skin I've gotten from this event

and yet i still don't have the lucio one B(
Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 01:20:52 pm by nick.
#433  December 29, 2016, 03:14:54 am
Kinda wish there was a way to avoid players on your team, just got out of this ranked match where someone decided to troll with Torb in both games, sucks because I'm so close to diamond.

By the way, any word on when the new map will go live? It's been quite a while in PTR, probably more than Eichenwalde I think.
#434  December 29, 2016, 03:43:53 am
    • Puerto Rico
Maybe next week.

And with my last loot box, I have obtained all the Legendary skins of the Winter event.
#435  January 01, 2017, 05:19:49 pm
So just a reminder that tomorrow will be the last day of the Winter event, so if you haven't gotten many skins yet then maybe you should consider buying it.
#436  January 01, 2017, 07:26:59 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I don't really care for the Legendary skins at all(since they screwed over Mei with her stupid reskin). I got Winston's though so okay...despite me rarely using Winston and using D.Va more and more.

But I got Zarya's Legendary Emote now and I'll probably buy Reaper's skin and that will be it for me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#437  January 01, 2017, 07:38:27 pm
    • USA
I got all the skins I really cared about.  Winston's is cool but I hardly ever touch him so it's no big loss, and if I never see that creepy-ass nutcracker Zenyatta again it'll be too soon.
#438  January 02, 2017, 10:21:01 pm
The wonders of playing Mei against certain players:

He was playing Mercy, poor guy :mlol: it was skirmish too
#439  January 03, 2017, 08:03:14 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Oasis is live.
#440  January 04, 2017, 07:48:47 am
    • Puerto Rico