YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1085914 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#4641  May 15, 2015, 06:47:09 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#4642  May 15, 2015, 08:53:35 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Mad Max: Fury Road

*internet-bro-fists Basara-kun!

Beautifully shot, tense, wild action, crazy vehicle designs, Tom Friggin Hardy, go watch it!
BEYOND/10
#4643  May 16, 2015, 05:04:44 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
The Avengers: Age of Ultron

HOLY SHIT, THIS WAS AMAZING. Extremely enjoyable movie, full of action since the beginning, amazing build-up and such an amazing villain. David Spader voice is so fucking sexy, he brought life to that character and with his sarcasm and charisma, perfect fit. Fantastic film, worth every penny.

9.9/10
Chilling
#4644  May 16, 2015, 07:27:19 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Great looking movie Visually. The dialogue and plot wont get you. the action and beautiful visuals will. George Miller is a mad man with how he comes up with these vehicle and character concepts. I saw it in 3D so everything was popping at you in glorious action. When they went into the storm it was crazy looking. Loved that part. The movie zeroed in on the women in the flick more so. So I couldn't give it a perfect 10. I wanted to see more Max Mayhem. He kept having flashbacks and I wanted the film to snap into that more where he at least went berserk er something haha

But anyway still a very very entertaining film. Miller definitely out did himself. Hopefully there will be more MAX action in the next installment...

9/10
#4645  May 17, 2015, 09:31:22 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Mad max: fury road

In the time when I feel like movies just have a bit too much high octane action, the movie with the MOST high octane action ends up being so fucking good. "Mad" is the right word, since this is a movie where the world and everyone in it is absolutely crazy.

Miller showed everyone how it's fucking done.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#4646  May 18, 2015, 05:34:52 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
The Imitation Game

Superb acting, as expected from Cumberbatch. The plot was engaging and the characters all seemed very well played out and realistic. I'm honestly glad that they didn't show any direct homosexual stuff as I personally like to avoid seeing such things (I don't have anything against gay people though). The ending was somewhat hanging and I felt that they could have wrapped it up better than that. Regardless, however, the movie was fantastic and a great way to burn 2 hours of my weekend.

9/10
#4647  May 29, 2015, 04:35:55 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#4648  May 29, 2015, 02:06:45 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Journey To The West (2013)

Based off the well-known tale, directed by Stephen Chow (of Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle fame (?)).
Apparently this movie was in production for like 6/7 years.
Well, I was disappointed. Both the humor and drama did not work for me.
I did not laugh or even chuckle, and with the drama parts I was like "...are they being serious right now? I can't tell!"
It looks nice in some cases, it's pretty colorful. But it's also full of asian CGI...make of that what you want.
It looked pretty amateuristic in some areas. Monkey King was pretty dope but he's not seen until the end.
The reveal shot of the Fish Demon at the beginning of the movie was honestly pretty thrilling (until they have him swim and jump around and look awful).
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The story was pretty clunky and hardly held my attention. It's actually not the Journey To The West story, but more like a prequel to it.

In conclusion: it's no Kung Fu Hustle (the humor and drama did both work really well there and even the CGI in that was better...maybe).
5/10  :shifty:
#4649  May 29, 2015, 03:37:49 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Late Blossom (그대를 사랑합니다)

HOLY FUCK, THE TEARS JUST KEEP ON POURING.

THIS MOVIE JUST LOVES MAKING YOU FEEL HAPPY, THEN STOMPS ON SAID HAPPINESS INTO A MILLION PIECES.

I fucking shed manly tears / 10

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#4650  May 31, 2015, 06:55:54 am
    • USA

Even the music was amazing, something most modern movies don't get right nowadays and instead end up using generic orchestra crap.

Can't say anything else that hasn't been said by now. Absolutely beautiful, go watch it.

* -Red- proceeds to search for blogs that call this movie misogynist and machist

Serioulsy, if anyone dares to call this movie out I'm going to fucking scream.
#4651  May 31, 2015, 07:24:04 am
    • USA
#4652  May 31, 2015, 07:31:21 am
    • USA

Bea

#4653  May 31, 2015, 07:41:00 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Last Action Hero

The brilliance and awesomeness of the satire in this film was lost on me when it was released.
It is so, so, soooo good and funny. I had a great time watching it, with Arnie in all his glory.
This film has it all. Shut down your brain before watching it and just enjoy the ride. You won't regret it.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#4654  June 01, 2015, 05:48:51 pm
  • SNK is life
The Lazarus Effect (2015)

You a fan of thrillers? This is right up your alley. Olivia Wilde becomes Akira's Tetsuo. Kinda cool, but somewhat weak in several aspects.

Rating: 6.5 / 10
#4655  June 05, 2015, 08:17:53 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Mad Max Fury Road
This is what every action movie should be, period.
Grade: 10 Guitars/Flamethrowers out of 10
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#4656  June 05, 2015, 11:35:22 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
the book of life

it was bad

it was really really bad

So like, book of life was announced and it looked gorgeous, everyone pretty excited for what looked like a mexican fable movie.
Movie comes out, the mexican fable bits seem to still be around untouched, but they added a framing device, somehow the story is now being nrrated to a group of school children by a museum tour guide, this guide stops the movie every so often to explain all the plot that happened so far as the kids pose questions and show the audience how they should feel about it.

The movie is still a gorgeous piece but that feels as if the directors didnt trust the movie to perform well and added massive changes to it, by the end of it even the villains are throwing in parties and helping the heroes with no reason.

it feels botched. art style is still really gorgeous
#4657  June 05, 2015, 04:23:18 pm
  • SNK is life
The Water Diviner (2014)

Russell Crowe's full length film directorial debut, starring himself. An Australian man travels to Gallipoli to and locate missing sons. It's pacing is bad, and in the directing side, the shots are sometimes rather mediocre IMO.  The Turkish Locations really are the saving grace of this film.

Rating:  6.5 / 10
Would have rather watched MAD MAX instead but it started after 10PM on a weekday, so :sick:

Bea

#4658  June 07, 2015, 05:04:27 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Mad Max: Fury Road.

Warning, this is being written by someone under the influence of two shots of tequila.
Good gods, WHAT A FILM. It was terrific, it was perfect, it was literally better than "pure, chaste adult fun" (which followed the film and was certainly lacklustre when compared to it), and it is definitely better than tequila (which also followed the film, but was good, if a bit... too strong for me).
What a day, what a lovely day. I feel like playing a flame throwing guitar on top of a speeding vehicle.

11 flaming guitats out of 10. Will watch again.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#4659  June 12, 2015, 06:51:23 am
    • USA
Jurassic World
pretty good, a nice revival of the franchise. The writing was serviceable but really, really cheesy, though.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4660  June 15, 2015, 04:20:06 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Kiler Clown from outer space
Start a little scary movie marathon and and since I was scared of clown before I tought it be a good start
the movie is quite good the clown were really well made and the comedy was there
The soundtrack was also pretty great
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:31:01 am by City_Hunter