YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 486577 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:
Re: All Chars Update(2018-19) Careful what you wish for...
#241  June 21, 2019, 03:21:41 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Still there, but after cutting those codes and pasting them to the helper.cns, overwriting the previously existing statedefs 8013 and 8014, now I close Fighter Factory, open it again and all codes look fine as expected.

It might be something on my end. Although this is the first time I see such a thing happening.

By the way, there are these codes in his helper.cns file which picked my interest.

;=======================================;
;PROJECTILE REFLECTION COMPATIBILITY    ;
;?????????????                   ;
;by Vans                                ;
;GUIDE:                                 ;
;FOR PROJECTILE / ?????                 ;
;sysvar(0) = 131072                     ;
;sysvar(1) = REFLECTED_BEHAVIOR_STATE   ;

I'm aware of the compatibility with Chizuru's super move, but I didn't know that there's a system that standardizes projectile reflection (I had been away from Mugen for a little too long). I wonder if there's some thread in MFG that explains how to implement it.

DW

#242  June 21, 2019, 03:40:04 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yeah, someone even asked me if that was apart of my updates in this very thread. I haven't looked it all over yet, though I will implement it into everyone in the foreseeable future. There's a tutorial I believe around here somewhere that Vans made. Kame just did that for me for Akuma and Sagat. He said it was easy to do and just offered it lol. He said something along the lines of copying your helpers, then adding affectteam=f(?) and changing things like if it's p2statetype, to root,statetype. So when reflected, it will work on your char. Like I said, I haven't learned it completely myself, though once I do, I'll apply it to everyone from now on.
#243  June 21, 2019, 04:52:22 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil

DW

#244  June 22, 2019, 09:50:13 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Akuma has been updated. AI by Kamekaze, 2 new custom intros added against Infinite's Gouken and Grant, along with a few misc tweaks.
#245  June 22, 2019, 10:07:00 pm
Found a couple of issues.
https://streamable.com/1tkrv

When the OP is super close to akuma and you do an EX tatsu it will do only two hits ( shown in the video)
Doing a jumping HK close HP to a low tatso is impossible while holding forward you get the 3 hit hadou it works when you don't hold forward but I dunno it does not feel natural to me.
The juggle for the supper dragon punch is really inconsistent in the corner.

A question too, why is the super tatsu a DF command ? does it has something to do with the buffer system  ? or its like this to prevent button mashing ? I find it really weird and sometimes I want to go for the super air hadou and go for the super tatsu, DB i feel is more consistent.

Edit: Testing the AI right now.

Edit 2 the CLP CLK to a dragon punch is again super strict while in the heat of the battle its like the vels barely give you the time to do it to be honest it may be me that fucked up cause I can do it everytime in training. the one in the middle of the screen that is.
it was me.

Edit 3 I have asked Kame about the jittery movement of the AI, he informed me that is micro movement but it looks weird this is nitpicky as hell though.
Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 10:24:21 pm by PeXXeR

DW

#246  June 22, 2019, 10:22:06 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
That's the real command for Gorasen. It's QCF x2. It's not about you holding forward, you're holding HP too long. I already discussed this with you. Your negative edge output is being read. GouSRK is like that in source. To get consistent juggles, cancel into it from normal/EX SRK. I'll check out the EX tatsu thing.
#247  June 22, 2019, 10:29:15 pm
The command is QCF ? da fuck ? I guess I was to used to Mwlry Akuma or something.
Tested the HP command thing and I do a normal press. If that is the price to pay to have the buffer system I can live with it.
The corner thing when it doesn't connect I just feel cheated, it looks like it should connect and it wiffs.

DW

#248  June 22, 2019, 10:34:55 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yes, and the real command for his super ground fireball is HCB x2. Though I ended up using the alternate CMD when updating him, and don't feel like changing it/don't want to hear people cry about it. Super SRK can connect that way, if you manage to get p2 high enough. Though that's not consistent. As I said, if you just SC from a normal/EX SRK, you'll get it every time.
#249  June 22, 2019, 10:50:30 pm
" As I said, if you just SC from a normal/EX SRK, you'll get it every time."
That I understand, its up to you, however , for the fun factor alone I would switch it.
https://streamable.com/vz6b5

Not being able to count on it and seeing it wiff vs the AI or a friend is just making my head spin.
Again, its up to you, I just felt like mentioning it.

DW

#250  June 22, 2019, 11:30:06 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I appreciate the notion, but I based him off CvS2. That's just how it behaves.
#251  June 22, 2019, 11:47:14 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Feedback on Akuma:
- Is Long Jump disabled?
- Tomoe Nage is throwing opponent forward if you hold back and vice-versa
- Is it normal that colision box for hadoukens continue after hit?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The intro against Gouken looks dope.

DW

#252  June 23, 2019, 12:06:34 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Some stuff got messed up in some odd fashion when Kame applied the AI. It'll be fixed. So I'll only address the hadouken stuff:

-That's for Vans' reflection system.
#253  June 23, 2019, 04:11:20 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
I just noticed that although Akuma and Sagat have codes for reflection, I tested them against Vans' Rugal and their projectiles go forward as if nothing had happened. The reflected versions need a Turn command at the start of the code, right after defining the sysvars:

[State 1005, COMPATIBILITY]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = !time
sysvar(0) = 131072

[State 1005, REFLECTED STATE]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = !time
sysvar(1) = 1010

[State XXXX, Turn]
type = Turn
trigger1 = !time
Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 03:15:07 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#254  June 23, 2019, 02:03:34 pm
This is a nitpick as well but, when you finish someone with the raging demon is really plain like there's no spice to it.

I would imagine something like this would need to be color adapted to the pallet and its insane amount of work for an ascetic which is defo not worth it, however flashing Akuma's Kanji/Symbol at the end would be nice.

https://youtu.be/paniqP3d1ec?t=115

or maybe just have the red kanji appear at the last hit and dissolve.

Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:16:17 pm by PeXXeR
#255  June 23, 2019, 04:33:02 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I just noticed that although Akuma and Sagat have codes for reflection, I tested them against Vans' Rugal and their projectiles go forward as if nothing had happened. The reflected versions need a Turn command at the start of the code, right after defining the sysvars:

[State 1005, COMPATIBILITY]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = !time
sysvar(0) = 131072

[State 1005, REFLECTED STATE]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = !time
sysvar(1) = 1010

[State XXXX, Turn]
type = Turn
trigger1 = !time

I'd change the trigger on that because the new reflect coming soon in the community kfm fixed that issue. There's a way to keep track of the original facing. My public shredder has the most up to date reflection code currently
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#256  June 23, 2019, 05:22:38 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
I'd change the trigger on that because the new reflect coming soon in the community kfm fixed that issue.
That means that Vans' thread and his Rugal are outdated and an explanation of how the new system works should be posted there as soon as possible.

DW

#257  June 23, 2019, 10:38:15 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

It's not hard to add the giant kanji in the BG. The reason I didn't add it though, was for aesthetic consistency. Since the name of the move pops up during the super finish fx, I felt it redundant to have the kanji, while the text overlaps it. Despite what everyone may think, the kanji didn't pop up in every game he does it in. I directly followed suit of XvSF(well a mix between of that and CvS):

It's fine as is.

On that note, Akuma has been updated. Fixed the EX tatsu and Kame fixed the other stuff. Also, he updated Sagat's AI along with tweaking Akuma's a bit more as well.
#258  June 24, 2019, 04:24:46 pm
very nice update. Thanks

DW

#259  June 26, 2019, 07:16:17 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You're welcome and thank you for the support.

KFG, KFM, Hiryu, and Skullo have been updated. Zzyzzyxx updated KFG/KFM's AI, and made AI for Skullo. I did various tweaking to Hiryu's buffering system, along with KFG's Lv3 is no longer safe on block. I also fixed a quick thing on Akuma, with the super finish fx not appearing when finishing p2 with his super fireballs.
#260  June 26, 2019, 08:31:07 pm
Thanks for the heads up, can't wait to see if Skullo is going for the demons lol :D

Edit: When I finish someone off with Akuma using the level 1 Super Hadou, ( Yes I tested all the supers) It does not show the name of the hyper at the end of the round.

Also has the command for that ground hyper slam with all the flames changed ? I am having difficulties pulling it off.

I am using the latest version.

Edit
AI's seem to tech Akuma's throw mid animation, its not just Vice. I managed to grab a snippet of this.
https://streamable.com/extg1
Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 03:12:02 pm by PeXXeR