YesNoOk

Nintendo vs. Capcom: Clash of Legends [Major Project, W.I.P.] (Read 8599 times)

Started by Windindi, April 18, 2016, 03:46:49 am
Share this topic:
Nintendo vs. Capcom: Clash of Legends [Major Project, W.I.P.]
#1  April 18, 2016, 03:46:49 am
    • USA
    • Skype - sapphireprince7

Hello everyone! This is Windindi here to introduce a major MUGEN Project I've been at for quite some time, Nintendo vs. Capcom: Clash of Legends! (Or you can just call it "Nintendo vs. Capcom, I really don't care) Anyways, this is a game everyone and their mother has wanted to play, and as one of those people who myself and my mother REALLY wants this, I am currently developing it.

What Will Nintendo vs. Capcom have?

Nintendo vs Capcom will have a large number of amazing features planed for it's major release. The game itself is a classical return to the good old Marvel vs. Capcom gameplay style where you team up with a character and take on many vast challenges! Despite this being the goal, we are yet to put it in. Right now, my small team of two people (including myself) are doing our best to get this sucker coded in.

What you see here is a example of a short sample of what Nintendo vs Capcom has to offer, the game itself is nowhere near completion just yet, but we do have much more to discuss! This screenshot of Mario fighting Ryu is a beta picture of the game, and the training stage that you see above is permanent to the game, so if you are hyped over the stage, you'll get to play it in demos and the release title.

Different Versions of the Game
With a game like this, we really wanted to expand to a number of players out there, and MUGEN is a limited program. So we have come up with a way that players can play such an amazing game in the making! Introducing...

Casual Version and Competitive Version!
...I bet you already must be thinking; "What's so special about both versions?" "How are they different?", well allow me to explain!

The logo with the leaf surrounded by splattered water represents "Casual Version". Casual Version is exactly as it sounds, and here's a list of things to offer.

1.Will have unlockable content, characters, stages, exc. Casual Version focuses on making the game longer and interesting for folks who enjoy going through unlocking content.

2. Card Vault! This is an exclusive thing for NvC's Casual Version. If you like Trophies in Smash Bros, then you'll love these! (It's sorta the same thing)

3. and finally... Story Mode! I'll explain that in a later blog or just sometime later in general.

This flaming meteor is the logo for "Competitive Version" of Nintendo vs. Capcom. Here's how this version works...

1. No unlockable anything, it's all available for you from the get go!

2. Frame Data Cards! This is exclusive to this version, it shows how many frames an attack does/ hitboxes/ exc. Instead of the Card Valt, you'll get this instead.

3. Sandbag reader! This is exclusive to Competitive Version, you acess this in Training Mode, and you just select the sandbag, and then all you do is preform, train, exc. While doing this, the Sandbag will record your combos, hits, exc. Still a work in progress.

4. Online Mode! This version of Nintendo vs. Capcom will run off of IKEMEN, a MUGEN program used to play MUGEN stuff online.

I know this isn't even done yet, but I am very excited to not only announce this, but also the release of it as well! Although, I did mention before that I have only two people on the team, so I would also like to announce that I am looking for people willing and wanting to help out with the project! So if you wish to join and help out, just PM me or something along those lines I suppose. Anyways, I guess I'll conclude everything, by showing off screenshots of the game's overall development! You will also be introduced to a couple fighters too, so I hope you enjoy them! (Main difference of these screenshots and ones seen above are sizes of fighters. In our newest format, everyone is normal sized rather than smaller. These pictures bellow our of our older format as well as characters)

I hope you are as excited as I am!
Re: Nintendo vs. Capcom: Clash of Legends [Major Project, W.I.P.]
#2  April 18, 2016, 03:59:26 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Honestly this sounds like an ultra-ambitious compilation, I mean there's zero consistency between char and stage graphics there.
#3  April 18, 2016, 04:02:12 am
    • USA
@Orochi Gill, Yeah, I do get that sometimes, but at the moment, I'm working at making the game consistent in terms of looks as well as gameplay. It's a difficult task to be completely honest, XD.  I'm not sure about "zero consistency", but I'll make sure it has a good amount. Thanks for the reply!

lui

#4  April 18, 2016, 05:32:29 am
    • USA
I can see you using our characters from our mvc based project. Cmon dude, atleast give credit and not say its all yours
#5  April 18, 2016, 05:34:35 am
    • USA
Which characters? If you are talking about the ones by DarkWolf, then I got permission from them, plus I never stated that I have all the credit...

EDIT: So you know, DarkWolf and I are close friends on the MUGEN Database, and allows me to use the characters he makes, so I hope that clears up stuff for you. But I must admit, it's nice to see his helper!
Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:42:40 am by Windindi
#6  April 18, 2016, 05:36:53 am
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
Lucario vs Yun

MAKE IT HAPPEND
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

lui

#7  April 18, 2016, 05:46:17 am
    • USA
But I must admit, it's nice to see his helper!

Im not his "helper" im his partner. This kinda sounds insulting but im sure that wasnt your intention so i guess its fine.

I dont mind you using our stuff at all, but remember when using other peoples stuff you gotta give credit, itll save you alot of trouble in the future :)
#8  April 18, 2016, 05:49:33 am
    • USA
Sorry if I may have offended you, sometimes I use wrong words meaning another... Also, thanks for the tip, I really should remember that. Funny that you mention it, because I actually do keep a list pf people who I get permission from, help out, exc. And to know that you are DarkWolf's partner, that's really sweet dude! I actually always wanted to meet you, XD