#1  April 22, 2008, 06:34:01 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
Re: Frey by 霊柩なき者
#2  April 24, 2008, 04:49:04 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
It's...alright, at present.  Pretty cool.  That small hitbox is annoying, but reasonable, given her size and shape.

It's pretty accurate....which also makes it semi-cheap: Critical Flare at close-range will tear chunks out of you just like it tears chunks out of larger monsters in VP, due to the mass of hits.  Worse in this regard is Aerial Burst.  the burst is useless on the ground, but very, VERY spammable in the air.  Thankfully it's fairly weak.  even so.

God help us when Ether Strike is hooked up.

I don't get why the A.I is set to use Thunder Sword in the air.

I'll be glad when her Teleport has a visual effect.

...Personal thought: She needs her English voice very much.  It had just the right imperiousness to it...
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 04:52:05 pm by Bloodly
#3  April 25, 2008, 04:25:10 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I also find it weird how her "Critical Flare" and "Aerial Burst" does no block damage, but her beam attack is unblockable.

As for that teleport effect, is it even possible in mugen to do hers?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#4  April 25, 2008, 08:08:21 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
Beam(Thunder Sword) was unblockable in the original. 

What's funny is it was unblockable only as a PLAYER attack.  In her boss forms it's blockable.  (Though her first boss form, encountered via the worst ending, is massively overpowered and is meant to be unbeatable, so there's little hope THEN, of course.)

There also seems to be a dead zone directly in front of MUGEN Freya where it won't hit, though it could be my imagination.

The no-block-damage is also in a sense, accurate to VP: if you dodge or block, you take no damage.  There's no such thing as 'chip' damage-it's all or nothing.

.... wonder if the creator will let her Guard Crush at some point?  I hope so.

On her teleport effect...Probably not, but even a glow like Thunder Sword would be better than the....nothing.....there is now.

Critical Flare should perhaps be re-worked a bit.  It looks damm silly to have low-flying bolts disperse on a ground that isn't there(when she's higher up).  Though that might make it too good....

Pol

#5  April 26, 2008, 11:26:30 am
  • Cojonuda la peladura
Sorry, but anybody could tell me how can I download her?  ???
#6  April 26, 2008, 02:42:41 pm
I figured the no block damage thing was VP accurate, although I didn't know Thunder Sword was unblockable in the game.

As for the Critical flare, Doesn't she only fire that when she's low on the ground in VP? There would probably be a need of sprite editing otherwise. Granted, I agree, the move is powerful enough.

Overall, this character is far too incomplete for me to really comment on. I just hope someone does a Valkyrie Fight Tag styled Lucian or Valkyrie.

Sorry, but anybody could tell me how can I download her?  ???

You tried the "Download" section?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#7  April 26, 2008, 06:24:43 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
Doesn't she only fire that when she's low on the ground in VP? There would probably be a need of sprite editing otherwise

Yes, but the low bolts DO exist for a short time before they hit the 'ground'.  Add to that that each bolt of Critical Flare is, if I'm interpreting it right, a seperate helper-type, and it should be easy enough to tell the low bolts to only destroy themselves when they hit 0 Y or at the same range or time the others do.

Pol

#8  April 28, 2008, 03:23:42 pm
  • Cojonuda la peladura
OK. Sorry and thanks.  :)
#9  May 20, 2008, 09:26:26 pm
  • You know it!
Updated.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#10  May 20, 2008, 09:35:03 pm
What's updated this time? Of all the times she was updated, I haven't seen what exactly was updated.

Cenobite 53 said:
#11  May 21, 2008, 08:44:50 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
Can't tell.

....Avoid Pallete 12.  She's gold, has Hyper Armour, enhanced defence, enhanced charge-up for her moves(Not effective since Ether Strike isn't made yet, but when it IS....), and life regen.
#12  May 21, 2008, 09:33:08 pm
  • You know it!
Updated.

Palfx changes.
Hitoverride changes.
Fixed palette error.
AI changes.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:36:44 pm by Ryutaros