YesNoOk

Artwork (For the Intro, and other things) (UPDATED Sept. 18th!) (Read 104390 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 25, 2012, 11:15:24 am
Share this topic:
Re: Artwork (For the Intro, and other things) (UPDATED Sept. 18th!)
#121  February 26, 2013, 04:44:23 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
No, davismaximus touched up ShinRyoga's sprites for CvTW. Bob Hoskins Mario will be a bonus character

Download Last Bout now!
#122  February 26, 2013, 05:28:30 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Oh, that's definitely good to hear then, strange to think now how in a way the Bob Hoskins version is essentially EX Mario lol.
#123  February 26, 2013, 10:33:02 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Hopefully this is an improvement over the previous version.

Another variation of Ryu by himself in the spoiler, as well as the same image with solid effects
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#124  February 27, 2013, 01:30:21 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Loving your color and effects work so far, man, and Ryu's not walleyed anymore XP
#125  February 27, 2013, 02:01:00 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I'll probably go back and add some transparency on Goku's Kamehameha, and remove the black outlines as I did with Ryu,

Posted: February 27, 2013, 05:36:13 am
Fixed Megaman's face according to the new sketch by Sean, also made sure I drew him facing the right way this time. Remade the eyes to correspond a bit more to their anime-ish look also.

W/ Alt Sonic skin colour in spoiler.

Edit:
Added transparency to Goku's Kamehameha

Superman completed today, not sure which face to go with, probably the first because he shows more aggression than in the original.

Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:27:16 am by C-G-U
#126  March 01, 2013, 08:53:25 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Looking awesome, you guys! I'd be sure that everyone who takes a look at this project, will notice or recognize it's going to be fun game due to the World characters, even with Street Fighter ones. :) Nice coloring there, CGU.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
New #127  March 06, 2013, 07:32:01 pm
  • Shakespear.
Very nice drawings Sean.  Sense of depth and spacing is great. 
I realize you probly want to keep the style consistent for this project,
but here are a couple suggestions you might give a shot in the future:

-Try varying your line thickness a little here and there.  Maybe go a bit thicker on the outer borders, or more basic shapes.  Sometimes, among other things, that can give you a chance to trace the border of an entire section at the end and sort of 'idealize' or 'exaggerate' the curvature a little and get some more of your personal style in the structuring.  It also makes certain more essential (or just cooler looking) shapes stand out.

- Try some non black (shading or highlight colors instead) line work for denoting shape and form inside the borders, and if you do use black try using it on the shadowed of shapes edges only.

-This is gonna sound ridiculous, but don't be afraid to exaggerate some of those shapes.  Try throwing in some looser curves here and there.  Your structural styling seems relatively conservative or a bit more 'high art' by contrast to a lot of the video game / comic art I see out, which has it's advantages in that it's easy for the eye/brain to put together into a 3d form but at the same time it looses some of the motion (or emotion) which bigger or looser sweeping curves can add. <- Which often comes through as 'exaggerated' shapes.

-Try really going for as intricate a line on the shadow/mid-tone border (or highlight / mid-tone border) as you do on the actual border itself.  Imagine a 3d grid texture wrapped around the shape and pick one of the vertical lines from it.  Imagine the curves it would take on as it hugs the shape of the object...

Hope any of these suggestions help you progress at all, but most of all Great work! Keep it up!