YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1515682 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#221  June 25, 2013, 03:01:52 am
  • For honor!
These youtube personalities "needing" a money incentive to lets play a game rubs me the wrong way but whatever I guess.
Iroha stripped for me
#222  June 25, 2013, 03:04:08 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
It's not that they need it, it's just principle.  For the really talented LPers, I think they deserve a little recognition for their efforts and ability to be entertaining.
#223  June 25, 2013, 04:02:58 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I didn't even knew such thing as lets play people existed before this whole thing, why do they need money again?
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#224  June 25, 2013, 04:23:30 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Some actually do it for a job, which is a bit silly. Some just see it as a nice extra and a principle thing like MC2 said.

generally the ones making the biggest deal about this are the ones least deserving of any money for their content. Hehe.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#225  June 25, 2013, 04:24:54 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It would be better if they go back to working at mcdonalds.
#226  June 25, 2013, 05:50:02 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
It's not that they need it, it's just principle.  For the really talented LPers, I think they deserve a little recognition for their efforts and ability to be entertaining.
I don't think he means people who did it out of joy. I think he means people who claimed to "represent Nintendo fans" and who were "die-hard" fans who all of a sudden stopped being fans/doing anything with their games when they weren't getting paid to. It looks really two-faced(it's not everyone, but there are a few select instances.)

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#227  June 25, 2013, 06:02:33 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Some actually do it for a job, which is a bit silly. Some just see it as a nice extra and a principle thing like MC2 said.

generally the ones making the biggest deal about this are the ones least deserving of any money for their content. Hehe.
It's a shame people like Pewdiepie get fucktons of moolah because people watch his stuff just to show hate...and the occasional fan-girl.

It's like if I were to start a Let's Play, it wouldn't go far because I'm British and people hate the British.
#228  June 25, 2013, 07:10:28 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Since when? About half of the LPs I've watched had guys with British accents.
#229  June 26, 2013, 01:29:35 am
& ElectricalBeast is rather memorable.
Though he really used to play up that accent. That is, if it was played up.
#230  June 30, 2013, 06:58:48 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#231  July 03, 2013, 12:13:35 am
#232  July 04, 2013, 01:54:43 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#233  July 04, 2013, 03:17:13 pm
  • SNK is life
#234  July 04, 2013, 03:24:33 pm
mario kart games are considered shovelware since when
#235  July 04, 2013, 03:32:23 pm
  • SNK is life
After reading 3 different definitions of Shovelware, I realize I had the concept wrong.

Still, I find the concept of "Nintendo Flagship Titles (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc) being 85% the reason to buy a Nintendo console" rather sad.
#236  July 04, 2013, 03:35:52 pm
Lol tell me about it. I bought a N64, a GameCube, a Wii and a DS only for the Zelda game that came out on it (except it was FF4 for the DS) (well I bought a couple more games after that but I wouldn't have done that without the Zelda game) (and I'll get a 3DS when the LttP sequel and Ace Attorney 5 come out, and the Zelda for Wii U seem to be on a path that I'll like)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#237  July 04, 2013, 04:23:08 pm
  • SNK is life
I got a GameCube for RE4 and MGS:TTS. I played them, and I got rid of the Cube :S

Those are the only cases I can say without a doubt "Nintendo had the superior version". Here we were, buying new LCD screens 4/5 years ago to play WHATEVER COOL HD GAME WAS OUT THERE THOSE DAYS, and the Wii looked like absolute shit in lower resolution. It felt almost like an unnecessary upgrade to the Gamecube, but both were marginally better than the PS2 (which still had a better game library, mind you) and it just wasn't competing with the newer console titles in quality.

It's like all they care about is money these days, the cheapest way possible. Cheap, non-contemporary hardware, making the same games over and over again. They're the ones making the smallest technological leaps generation VS generation IMO

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt305/cci_walt/Random/waltsChart_zps4c652936.gif

#238  July 04, 2013, 05:29:10 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Your concept of technological advance seems to be based not on specs but price tags. You must be a loyal Apple customer :P.
#239  July 04, 2013, 05:41:48 pm
  • SNK is life
I don't believe I even know how much these machines cost, but given that the PS3 cost 600 at launch and PS4 is 400, then ...  ?

Also Xbawks is more expensive, but it's a slightly inferior machine than the PS4, so ...

... just make your point. what did I get wrong in your opinion?
#240  July 04, 2013, 06:01:58 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

I wasn't trying to any make ay great point. True to be told, I don't really know more about 'technological advance' in vg consoles than you or the average Joe.

I just wanted to poke fun at your (admitedly unqualified and simplistic) criteria. Just that, a shitty joke.