YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1569867 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#461  October 12, 2013, 11:57:00 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
The game looks quite good, interested me on first sight more than the last handheld Zelda games. Wonder if we see old villains like Agahnim and blue-boar Ganon again

Bea

#462  October 12, 2013, 12:20:06 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Holy cow...
The gameplay looking better than I expected.
I will have to shell out more money to get myself a 2DS to play this... with the 3 I bought yesterday for my mom, nephew and niece to play Pokemon, Nintendo will have seen 4 sales of that bloody thing just with me.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#463  October 12, 2013, 09:34:58 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Wait wait...Hilda and Zelda? I looked these names up and....
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Oh my god.....

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#464  October 12, 2013, 10:00:06 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Fucking whoa is right. I remember that show from my childhood.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#465  October 13, 2013, 02:13:24 pm
Wonder if we see old villains like Agahnim and blue-boar Ganon again
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/12/zelda-link-worlds-concept-art-shows-hyrule-lorule-ganon/
In the same "old story" style of artwork as Wind Waker (or similar), we see the Imprisoning War again, likely still with OoT Link getting defeated but the Sages locking OoT beast Ganon anyway like the book Hyrule Historia says, and then we see another image of Link battling apparently pig-boar Ganon from LttP.
No in-game version of Ganon yet.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#466  October 14, 2013, 03:39:10 am
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
Obviously hyped for ALBW. Saw the trailer and I'm really looking forward to play this on release day!
#467  October 14, 2013, 04:51:27 pm
When a second new trailer comes out, İ hope they show more of it's Gameplay. İt's also Great to have a new Character with this Game.
#468  October 14, 2013, 11:38:52 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:02:48 am by DKDC
#469  October 15, 2013, 09:38:55 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Classist sounds like a word they just invented btw (even though it really is somehow).
Classism is a very real thing, just take a listen to a talking head on cable news complaining about welfare queens.

Doesn't really apply to the Skulltula family of course, unless you live in the realm of the most Salon-iest Salon article ever, of course.

- the end / last part of the game might have connections to Majora's Mask.
Hmm, I dunno, to me it sounded pretty wishy-washy and/or a very oblique reference.
#470  October 15, 2013, 10:53:24 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you didnt have to say it thrice, just because you are an old person now you cant go around shouting things at people!
#471  October 15, 2013, 10:59:20 am
Hmm, I dunno, to me it sounded pretty wishy-washy and/or a very oblique reference.
I don't know where it came from, but the article makes it sound like there was a rumor going around, and they specifically asked him about it, and Aonuma said "finish it and you'll see" which is usually the opposite of denial. I have no idea where that original rumor came from, or if there was any and why they even asked him about it if not, didn't know it was a thing.
I wouldn't mind if there was no connection to Majora's Mask and it was a random ass question for no reason which Aonuma just laughed off. I don't care for MM.
#472  October 15, 2013, 07:50:43 pm
    • USA
you didnt have to say it thrice, just because you are an old person now you cant go around shouting things at people!
what are you talking about

I wouldn't mind if there was no connection to Majora's Mask and it was a random ass question for no reason which Aonuma just laughed off. I don't care for MM.
Personally I'd love a reference to MM.
#473  October 16, 2013, 04:25:49 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#474  October 16, 2013, 09:01:20 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#475  October 16, 2013, 08:50:26 pm
    • USA
I know, it was a joke. I deleted the posts myself!
#476  October 16, 2013, 09:33:32 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Well I can't afford another Zelda-themed 3DS after just buying a Zelda-themed WiiU.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#477  October 16, 2013, 10:32:31 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Based UK finally getting exclusives I actually want. :D
#478  October 17, 2013, 07:06:51 pm
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/17/zelda-producer-tells-link-worlds-non-linear-dungeons-work/
After he’s done answering questions, Aonuma adds: “Oh, one more thing. I see many of you have been asking about a remake of Majora’s Mask for Nintendo 3DS. It’s nice to see such a strong response to this title and we haven’t forgotten about Link’s adventures in that world.  If you play A Link Between Worlds, you may better understand what I mean by that. “
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/17/zelda-producer-tells-link-worlds-non-linear-dungeons-work/#m1X7FsILkjvY86LA.99
Uh. So there is something about MM. Sounds like just a random reference though, a callback or something "familiar".
#479  October 17, 2013, 07:10:15 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Hopefully just a reference because, if Link Between Worlds is a direct sequel to LttP, then that's going to cause a continuity error otherwise (LttP and Majora's Mask take place in two different timelines iirc).

Though that doesn't exclude the possibility of an alternate timeline Termina...
#480  October 17, 2013, 07:32:30 pm
Yeah, that. Without talking about Termina, the fierce deity and Majora should both be lying around somewhere in that timeline as well. Not that I think they'll be actuallypart of the story or even a bonus stage or something, but it's not impossible that it shows up somewhere as something that's just lying around.