YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1515913 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:

DMK

Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#861  February 27, 2014, 10:51:39 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
(older) Nintendo devices are DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEDDD
#862  February 27, 2014, 11:30:43 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
What about the (older) Nintendo games?! They are doomed as well.
#863  February 28, 2014, 04:35:00 pm
I wonder why they took a decision like that. Older system data's are no problem for the newer systems.
#864  February 28, 2014, 04:36:43 pm
cut down on server maintenance costs
#865  February 28, 2014, 05:01:43 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Welp, there goes me ever playing Brawl or Mario Kart DS online ever again.
#866  February 28, 2014, 06:17:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It seems a bit too soon to remove that considering they don't have much in terms of online play anyway. Especially the Wii games. You can still play them on the WiiU so it takes features away from their current system. Which is exactly what they don't need right now!
#867  February 28, 2014, 06:19:39 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Well JNP it's happening in May which means Mario Kart 8 is coming out, Mario Kart 7 is still online, 3DS games are still online which is the newest gen of Pokemon which everyone who plays competitively needs to have anyways, and the servers haven't been doing too much beyond a few things anyways. It's unfortunate but it's been like, 5 years if not longer and it's just costing extra money when they have a superior networking service running for those who keep up to date.

Also new Donkey Kong game is amazing why has nobody said anything about it in here! Just finished World 5-2, what a rush!

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#868  February 28, 2014, 06:29:23 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
After looking through my library, the only games I'll actually miss the online are Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and Pokemon Platinum/Black/Black 2. AC: Wild World/City Folk had a dead community when I got it, as does Phantom Hourglass, Mario Kart DS was laden with ragequitters and hackers in a year, and I didn't even know Bleach: Blade of Fate, FF3, Goldeneye DS, FE: Shadow Dragon, Scribblenauts Collection, Sonic Colors DS, and Tetris DS had online. Metroid Prime Hunters and Star Fox Command I didn't play enough to work with online in those.

I don't think I'm missing out by losing online in any of these, but I might be wrong.
#869  March 01, 2014, 02:55:58 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#870  March 01, 2014, 03:06:27 am
after playing the prime games and both dkc returns games, i don't care what they do next, i know it's gonna be great.
#871  March 01, 2014, 03:11:19 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/28/retro-studios-calls-wii-u-a-powerhouse-and-confirms-new-game-in-development/

Could it be...??

Sasori Obinna Onuorah
March 1, 2014 at 1:57 am

I recommend nobody should buy a wii u. wii u is the worst and only has upscaled 720p rehashes. I scamed into buy nsmbu for 55 dallors, that game was a quick cash grab and SMB3W was just sm3dl with cat suits and hd graphics. Nintendo love scaming their fans and giving them bullshit. notice how nsmbu is still 50-60 dallors since 2012. Nintendo is evil and greddy corperations. Nintendo dosent even care about gamers, all the care is about kids and parents money. Nintendo fanboys are deceiving people to buy the wii u. I was a fool into thinking wii u is next gen. am saving up for an xbox 360.

From a commenter. Wow, real talk.
Wii U still has more games of interest to me than PS4 and XBone.  Whatever Retro Studios makes next is on that list.
#872  March 01, 2014, 03:16:14 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I didn't really care that 3DW was so similar to 3DL. Isn't that given off the bat given the titles?

Just goes to show someone didn't do their research before he bought.
#873  March 01, 2014, 04:03:16 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I was a fool into thinking wii u is next gen. am saving up for an xbox 360.
This line is just delightful.

Wasn't there a rumor some time ago that Retro was being tapped for a Star Fox revival?  I'd love to see that happen on Wii U.
#874  March 01, 2014, 04:26:03 am
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
In regards to the Wi-Fi Connection shutdown, some user on GameFAQs has posted evidence that GLU Mobile is truly to blame for it. 
Since the WFC was run through Gamespy and GLU bought that out, apparently they have been shutting down support for older games. 

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/68679524

Quote from one of the supporting links showing that other companies have been affected by this previously. 

New submitter OldTimeRadio writes "Over the last month, both game publishers and gaming communities alike were surprised to find their GameSpy multiplayer support suddenly disabled by GLU Mobile, who purchased GameSpy from IGN this August. Many games, including Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Swat 4, Sniper Elite, Hidden and Dangerous 2, Wings of War, Star Wars: Battlefront are no longer able to find (and in some cases even host) multiplayer games. While games like Neverwinter Nights are still able to directly connect to servers if players know the IP address, less-fortunate gamers expressed outrage on GLU Mobile's 'Powered by GameSpy' Facebook page. In an open letter to their Sniper Elite gaming community today, UK game developer Rebellion explained it was helpless to change the situation: 'A few weeks ago, the online multiplayer servers for Sniper Elite were suddenly switched off by Glu, the third-party service we had been paying to maintain them. This decision by Glu was not taken in consultation with us and was beyond our control. We have been talking to them since to try and get the servers turned back on. We have been informed that in order to do so would cost us tens of thousands of pounds a year — far in excess of how much we were paying previously. We also do not have the option to take the multiplayer to a different provider. Because the game relies on Glu and Gamespy's middleware, the entire multiplayer aspect of the game would have to be redeveloped by us, again, at the cost of many tens of thousands of pounds.""

I bought a Wii for Brawl.  I used to play it online religiously every Monday for hours.  I'll miss it, but couch play is better anyway. 
I Brawled this past Thanksgiving with my nieces which was great.  Three of them against me with handicap on and I still won.   :laugh:

Other than that I mostly played Pokemon Battle Revolution, with some Animal Crossing City Folk (before HDCL), Excitebots, TMNT Smash up, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, and yes, Castlevania Judgment. 

My only regret is not making a point of playing The Last Story online.  I never did get those online-only items.  Guess I'll see if I can grab a few before time is up. 
#875  March 01, 2014, 05:08:11 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
#876  March 01, 2014, 07:54:21 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
What about the (older) Nintendo games?! They are doomed as well.
what are you talking about , nes, snes, n64 didnt have online and their all still been used constantly today, no nintendo device is doom exept for the virtualboy, the online capability is what is been cut off on the old ones wich is not a big deal
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:00:18 pm by Lord Kain
#877  March 04, 2014, 03:39:35 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#878  March 04, 2014, 03:50:19 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Oh please oh please please please be Metroid.

... I mean I'll get whatever they make next and I'm sure they'll do great with whatever it is, but I really need a good Metroid again!!!
#879  March 05, 2014, 05:33:05 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Am I the only one who wants to see Retro's take on Star Fox?
#880  March 05, 2014, 05:37:12 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Nope you are not the only one.

I see people wanting that since 3 or 4 years already.