YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1569997 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#1001  May 07, 2014, 10:31:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
welcome to news posted by omega.
#1002  May 08, 2014, 04:58:10 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Nintendo Launching NFC (figurine) Game for Wii U/3DS, Details @ E3
Will launch figurine business called NFP- nfc featured platform, showed Mario figure across many games being used including saves
NFP game and figures shown at E3, 3DS will also get IR NFP reader so figures can be used across WiiU and 3DS

Might as well try to bank on that Skylanders/Disney Infinity money.
#1003  May 08, 2014, 05:00:05 am
im going to buy all of them lol
#1004  May 08, 2014, 05:00:56 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
C'mon. This physical DLC stuff is getting way out of hand. As a step father to a 6 year old that loves Skylanders I really REALLY hate this expensive trend!
#1005  May 08, 2014, 05:18:35 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Oh shit, they're already preparing for Smash Brothers 5!
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1006  May 08, 2014, 05:44:39 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2014/05/nintendo-launching-nfc-character-figurines-year
Nintendo has announced plans to release character figurines with built-in Near Field Communication functionality that are compatible with Wii U and 3DS games.

Planned for launch from this year-end sales season, the figures are code-named NFP, for both “NFC Featured Platform” and “Nintendo Figurine Platform.”

The figures are designed to be compatible with multiple games for Nintendo platforms. Nintendo is aiming to develop more software titles with NFP compatibility.

“Nintendo has a lot of well-known character IP that has originated in video games, and we have been regularly releasing titles from game franchises that make use of this character IP,” Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said. “This is why I believe a brand-new type of platform will be born when the character IP becomes compatible with NFP.”

NFP figurines can be both read and written to, so it can tell what character figurine is in use, and a compact amount of data unique to each game can be written into it and read from it.

“You will be able to customize your NFP to raise or train your own Nintendo characters, for example,” Iwata said.

At launch, NFP will only be compatible with Wii U. However, a wireless 3DS NFP reader/writer is in development for launch in the first half of of the next calendar year.

Nintendo will announce NFP compatible titles at E3 in Los Angeles next month, as well as showcase NFP produces and disclose more specific information about the figurines.

Outside of NFP, which Nintendo detailed during its latest financial results briefing, Nintendo also revealed its first smartphone app, Mario Kart TV.

Mario Kart TV is a web service that will let users watch shared videos and view rankings from Mario Kart 8 by logging in with their Nintendo Network ID.

Some more information on it.
#1007  May 08, 2014, 06:16:33 am
#1008  May 08, 2014, 07:11:18 am
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
I'm glad they're making more use of the NFC reader in the Gamepad.

I just hope they don't make the figures GameStop exclusive this time.  As a guy who bought 30+ figures over the course of three Skylanders games, I need my options for BOGO sales. 
And especially don't make them random again.  That kept me from bothering with Pokémon Rumble U and Disney Infinity. 
#1009  May 09, 2014, 05:26:35 am
#1010  May 09, 2014, 09:48:25 am
That is new but, those markets they're talking about, don't they already have their hands full with other gaming systems? Besides that, it's only for China there.
#1011  May 09, 2014, 01:29:30 pm
  • (Slowly) Teaching myself to make games with MUGEN!
    • USA
That is new but, those markets they're talking about, don't they already have their hands full with other gaming systems? Besides that, it's only for China there.

China has over 1 billion potential customers. I think it will also be released in India, which is another billion customers.
Mains:
Brawl: Marth, Ike, Snake, Toon Link, and Lucario
Super Street Fighter IV: Juri
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Deadpool, Wesker, and Zero
Mortal Kombat 9: Stryker, Scorpion
Injustice: Harley Quinn, Superman, Scorpion

Umezono said, 24 minutes ago
im sure jason flailing a rusty machete into luigis midsection will be okay just as long as we remove the blood

We can do that with a beam saber already. I don't see the problem with that! :laugh2:
#1012  May 09, 2014, 01:41:53 pm
A pretty informative post from what is normally the cesspool known as Gamespot. I think this may shed some light on that question.

As a Chinese, I want to make a few points.

1. Students is a big part of gamers in China. General families can afford consoles and games, but parents in China are not interested in purchasing those stuff because they do not wanna their children spend too much time on games.

2. Low-income people in China won't spend a penny on games and consoles, they struggling to survive.

3. Chinese have very rich gaming experience----on PC

4. Chinese gamers prefer f2p games, they do not like spending money in advance, but once they find the game is good, their purchasing power can be really strong. A lot of people had spend thousands dollars in a single game.

5. Console ban lifting is really meaningless, won't change much.

I'm interested in seeing how Nintendo formulates their plan around China's gaming preferences.
#1013  May 09, 2014, 10:50:04 pm
nintendo just addressed Tomodachigate
We apologize for disappointing many people by failing to include same-sex relationships in Tomodachi Life. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change this game’s design, and such a significant development change can’t be accomplished with a post-ship patch. At Nintendo, dedication has always meant going beyond the games to promote a sense of community, and to share a spirit of fun and joy. We are committed to advancing our longtime company values of fun and entertainment for everyone. We pledge that if we create a next installment in the Tomodachi series, we will strive to design a game-play experience from the ground up that is more inclusive, and better represents all players.
#1014  May 09, 2014, 10:56:54 pm
  • SNK is life
"We kind of give a shit because YOUR MONEY is important to us, but we'll continue to do whatever we want."

- Nintendo, at any given point 2012-2016

Bea

#1015  May 10, 2014, 12:03:52 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I am actually pleased with this new reply of theirs.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1016  May 10, 2014, 12:28:31 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Don't all these self-righteous morons realize us gay people don't really give a shit about any of this?

I'm actually mad that Nintendo had to make an apology.
#1017  May 10, 2014, 12:48:03 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
That's internalized homophobia.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1018  May 10, 2014, 01:06:57 am
Don't all these self-righteous morons realize us gay people don't really give a shit about any of this?
thanks for clearing this issue up, mgbenz the official spokesperson for all homosexuals worldwide
#1019  May 10, 2014, 02:45:35 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I mainly find the whole thing pointless.

Whether it is homophobia, not really finding any issues, but not including it, I find this whole thing just absolutely pointless to anything to be frank.

Woohoo, you guys won having sexual orientation in one game, yay...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1020  May 10, 2014, 02:48:20 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
people like feeling identified with the games they play , specially when they are things like SIMS where you are introducing your friends and family and having romances and dates with other characters.

Do you think that if the game lacked the option for having black people you would go

"I mainly find the whole thing pointless.

Whether it is racism, not really finding any issues, but not including it, I find this whole thing just absolutely pointless to anything to be frank.

Woohoo, you guys won having your race in one game, yay..."