YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1515334 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:

Bea

Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#1061  May 12, 2014, 04:34:52 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I do not see the reason why people are making such a big deal of such things...
Because it's a life simulator game and people want to simulate their life. Holy shit. No one is asking for Nintendo to include the option for Mario to graphically ram it up Luigi and then have a very tasteful but exquisitely planned wedding ceremony on the beach. Why is this so hard to understand, fucking Christ.

*pat pat*
Yeah, I know... how dare we want to simulate our lives or just wanting to enjoy some time in a fantasy world where people won't throw rocks at you for loving someone of the same sex of yours.
No, it is definitely not a big deal. -_-
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1062  May 12, 2014, 01:05:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

I think you are mixing up Apathy with Lack of Understanding.

Being unable to empathize with others is not something to brag about. You can empathize without having to make their cause your own.
#1063  May 12, 2014, 03:50:16 pm
Super Mario Kart 8 news for the ones that are interested. Nintendo confirms that it will be hosting a special Mario Kart 8 demo event at gamestop between May 17 and 18.
#1064  May 12, 2014, 05:00:23 pm
#1065  May 13, 2014, 01:24:11 am
  • The Goddess Returns

I think you are mixing up Apathy with Lack of Understanding.

Being unable to empathize with others is not something to brag about. You can empathize without having to make their cause your own.

How the hell was that bragging? I was correcting Morph on how he was addressing how we felt about the whole thing and it isn't a matter of not being intelligent enough, but lack of caring.

And besides, Empathy and Apathy aren't 2 sides of the same coin, just because I lack concern and passion over the issue doesn't mean I can't see how it affects others, otherwise I would be a sociopath...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1066  May 13, 2014, 01:37:57 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Being ignorant of the issues at play here is much, much less worse than knowing why people upset and then going on to say "well it doesn't affect me personally so I don't care, and you guys shouldn't care either!"

The former is a lot less douchey and less morally repugnant, too!
#1067  May 13, 2014, 02:31:16 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Being ignorant of the issues at play here is much, much less worse than knowing why people upset and then going on to say "well it doesn't affect me personally so I don't care, and you guys shouldn't care either!"

The former is a lot less douchey and less morally repugnant, too!

*sigh*
So I'm douchey AND morally repugnant...for being apathetic to the issue...

Is this really the Land of the Free or forcing people to conform to your standards land?

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1068  May 13, 2014, 02:45:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Technically if it doesn't affect someone and they are apathetic to it they don't need to actually say it because it has no impact. By making a statement at all declares it has some meaning.
#1069  May 13, 2014, 03:11:39 am
    • USA
Is this really the Land of the Free or forcing people to conform to your standards land?
It's the land of the free and I get the freedom to say to people who think that people who get all hot and bothered by a simple campaign to raise awareness to the issue that they're being dumb. And you get the freedom to argue your dumb views. Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence! And also this isn't the land of the free, it's a forum!

But I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
#1070  May 13, 2014, 03:13:34 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#1071  May 13, 2014, 03:22:31 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Technically if it doesn't affect someone and they are apathetic to it they don't need to actually say it because it has no impact. By making a statement at all declares it has some meaning.

I guess you have some level of point there. I guess it doesn't affect me as it does others then.

It's the land of the free and I get the freedom to say to people who think that people who get all hot and bothered by a simple campaign to raise awareness to the issue that they're being dumb. And you get the freedom to argue your dumb views. Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence! And also this isn't the land of the free, it's a forum!

But I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

So I also have the freedom to say that you honestly need a chill pill as you are going bonkers over an issue that has not only solved itself, but as I stated countless times, just makes everyone dumber because of how it's being handled rather than how it is.

Trying to make me the evil or dumb one because I'm not as passionate over the issue you are is not you being the moral victor, it's you being the douchebag and me being apathetic to the issue. And obviously this is a forum, but considering how it's still arguing over LGBT rights, it obviously has to be in a place that is mostly welcome to it, which means it has more bearings to the English side, now does it?

#1072  May 13, 2014, 03:43:21 am
    • USA
Dude, I'm just stating my opinions. We all are stating our opinions here. No one needs to take a chill pill.

I feel passionately about this (or as passionately one can be about a dumb life sim), so I'm stating my opinions on the matter. You disagree, and you're stating your opinions on the matter. And that's all fine! No one is going bonkers. Stop trying to make it go bonkers. Wanting gay options in a life simulator is not bonkers.

And obviously this is a forum, but considering how it's still arguing over LGBT rights, it obviously has to be in a place that is mostly welcome to it, which means it has more bearings to the English side, now does it?
I think you're misunderstanding things here, the whole "this is a forum" is about how the whole "well this is a free country" line doesn't really hold weight here, because this is a privately owned internet forum, not America. But it is one that allows these kinds of open debates, and there's nothing wrong with that. Unless it starts taking over an unrelated thread, like this whole discussion is about to.
Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:47:04 am by Jmorphman
#1073  May 13, 2014, 03:46:14 am
heh freedom i post here against my will.

I preordered MK8 already, hopefully I get that poster

People who already preordered can get one too.
Idk how it works, I guess they verify at the counter and whatnot.
#1074  May 13, 2014, 04:35:41 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Dude, I'm just stating my opinions. We all are stating our opinions here. No one needs to take a chill pill.

I feel passionately about this (or as passionately one can be about a dumb life sim), so I'm stating my opinions on the matter. You disagree, and you're stating your opinions on the matter. And that's all fine! No one is going bonkers. Stop trying to make it go bonkers. Wanting gay options in a life simulator is not bonkers.

You kinda are when you start mudslinging the fact that I have apathy over the issue must mean I'm ignorant to the overall issue, which I'm not, I just don't care for the insanity of how everyone is reacting to it.

And obviously this is a forum, but considering how it's still arguing over LGBT rights, it obviously has to be in a place that is mostly welcome to it, which means it has more bearings to the English side, now does it?
I think you're misunderstanding things here, the whole "this is a forum" is about how the whole "well this is a free country" line doesn't really hold weight here, because this is a privately owned internet forum, not America. But it is one that allows these kinds of open debates, and there's nothing wrong with that. Unless it starts taking over an unrelated thread, like this whole discussion is about to.
[/quote]

And it won't because I'm done with this. It's a conversation no one is going to win so it might as well end in a stalemate.

#1075  May 13, 2014, 04:39:29 am
    • USA
I'm just not seeing much if any insanity here. It's a Twitter campaign that specifically says not to boycott Nintendo, but is designed merely to bring awareness to the issue. There will always be crazies in any type of deal like this; but so far it's been pretty restrained. And it's mostly over.

(also I called Pikachu guy ignorant. I said you were apathetic over it and that that was worse)
#1076  May 13, 2014, 05:21:30 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#1077  May 13, 2014, 05:23:02 am
    • USA
They're just roommates! And also cousins!!!
#1078  May 13, 2014, 06:53:09 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I'm just not seeing much if any insanity here. It's a Twitter campaign that specifically says not to boycott Nintendo, but is designed merely to bring awareness to the issue. There will always be crazies in any type of deal like this; but so far it's been pretty restrained. And it's mostly over.

(also I called Pikachu guy ignorant. I said you were apathetic over it and that that was worse)

You did say morally repugnant, so that didn't help.

#1079  May 13, 2014, 04:16:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#1080  May 13, 2014, 05:05:46 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
because not caring about issues that don't affect you is morally repugnant, kids are dying of hunger but i don't care because it does not affect me.

But no kids is dying, no rights is being oppressed, it's just an option that's not in the game and it only popped up because of a game breaking glitch.