YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1572219 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#1201  June 05, 2014, 09:41:07 pm
Many gamers complained about Capcom re-using the same sprites for many years so, they are now used to it. I don't think re-using iOS art is bad. It does look good.
#1202  June 05, 2014, 10:35:53 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1203  June 05, 2014, 10:48:55 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Little Big Planet - Mario Edition and called Mario Maker? Sounds like a good idea..hope its for wiiU too.
#1204  June 05, 2014, 10:56:41 pm
i'd say it's ripping off the countless mario rom editors if anything
#1205  June 06, 2014, 12:46:18 pm
This is actually good. There was a Level Editor for Super Mario World rom back in the days. It would be great to build up your own levels with thisone aswell. Can't wait to see more images soon. It's great news for many out there.
#1206  June 06, 2014, 01:00:04 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Ah, a level editor.

While I am excited for this, I am also worried that someone will make Kaizo Mario 2.0 because of it.

I loathe to think of such a monstrosity.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1207  June 06, 2014, 05:31:44 pm
then don't download it

a lot of people are saying that thing is fake and i agree because the design for that poster is very poor. half of it is just bricks and the mario maker text is uncharacteristically bland
#1208  June 06, 2014, 08:33:54 pm
If it's fake too bad than but, it would be cool to see something like that for real.

Here's The Official Lego Ninjago: Nindroids Trailer For Nintendo 3DS.

It looks really good. I only wonder why they spend alot time in making so many Lego games.
#1209  June 06, 2014, 08:43:18 pm
because they sell
#1210  June 07, 2014, 10:44:53 pm
So many games within a year means much for them. I don't think that selling is the only reason.
#1211  June 07, 2014, 10:48:07 pm
Hey, what do you know, you figured it out, they don't make games because they sell, they make games because they're trying to go bankrupt and spend all their money.
If only there weren't so many people buying them all, they wouldn't end up making an actual profit out of it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1212  June 08, 2014, 10:36:47 pm
#1213  June 08, 2014, 10:40:45 pm
It would be good to see them doing a totally new Mario game. That might boost more gamers for the WII U.
yeah they should make a 3d mario with multiplayer. that'll boost more gamers for the wii u
#1214  June 08, 2014, 10:55:53 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
It would be good to see them doing a totally new Mario game. That might boost more gamers for the WII U.
yeah they should make a 3d mario with multiplayer. that'll boost more gamers for the wii u

B-b-but they just released a new 3D Mario World with multiplayer support!!

Spoiler:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1215  June 08, 2014, 11:14:12 pm
that gif needs "i'm afraid i've got some bad news" text for people that arent familiar with the great wade barrett.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:28:02 pm by Titiln
#1216  June 09, 2014, 11:42:31 am
No not something like 3D Mario World . No side scroller, no soccer, no racing. A new genre for the Mario series. Nintendo can make this work. Something new could be a true boost for their consoles and games.
#1217  June 09, 2014, 11:54:42 am
Nintendo already has the biggest game they can make, an all-star brawler gathering some of the most iconic characters in all of videogames. They also have some lesser known IPs that receive games every so often, even if some are underused (F-zero where are you); their games are fine.

A true boost for their console (and games by proxy) would be stronger 3rd party support (something they had in the SNES days). There's only so much they can do about a console that most people don't consider next-gen.
#1218  June 09, 2014, 12:11:05 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Perfect point.

The question is just this one: Why should someone who does not care about Nintendo games buy a new Nintendo console when there are only a few games not made by Nintendo or for its Audience?

On the Sony and even the Microsoft competition such people get a graphically stronger hardware and even if they are not Sony or MS game players they have enough variation by all the third party developers. There are options for basically every big and niche genre available there while Nintendo gets maybe 2-4 games per month which are not made by Nintendo directly. and have no big variation of genres.

#1219  June 09, 2014, 01:43:49 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
You know, Nintendo have tried the massive 3rd Party support option for their consoles before, as well as the "console that is as powerful as the current gen consoles" option (Nintendo Gamecube is as powerful as the PS2 and Xbox. And boasts a 3rd party library 3 times greater than Wii.). But both options bombed spectacularly (Gamecube finished last in that generation). They would be understandably hesitant to try something that failed once before.

Remember, just because a console does not widespread 3rd party support does not mean it is a failure. There is value in taking the Quality over Quantity route at times.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1220  June 09, 2014, 01:57:28 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Wanting to being able to play Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat,Injustice, BlazBlue and KOF on one console instead of only Tekken and Injustice and somewhen at the end of 2014, Smash Bros. does not mean to take a quantity over quality route.

It simply means a lot more available quality.