YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1526962 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#1341  June 19, 2014, 01:53:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The ps3 update stopped the hacking on the consoles past the exploitable firmware. So updates aren't always a failure.
#1342  June 19, 2014, 04:57:34 pm
System updates could be cracked and hacked so, this has no end.
you don't know shit, as usual. it depends on the hack. a lot of the wii's hacks were stopped through firmware updates. the hacks that depended on a game (aka something you couldn't patch at all) could never be stopped because wii games couldn't be patched. wii u's games can be patched. a firmware update that forces you to download a patch for a certain hacked game before playing would prevent that issue.
#1343  June 20, 2014, 06:21:53 pm
#1344  June 20, 2014, 07:23:06 pm
#1345  June 20, 2014, 07:32:28 pm
Shigeru Miyamoto: Maybe you can do a poll for Kotaku readers to see which game you want us to make for Wii U, and, if you get a good answer, you can give us a call.

Stephen Totilo: What's your phone number?

[laughter]
it means nothing
#1346  June 21, 2014, 07:09:03 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I still want a new F-zero game, Nintendo. I don't care if you can't think of some amazing new innovative mechanic for it, I like F-zero how it is. I am totally fine with just new tracks for it.
#1347  June 21, 2014, 10:28:47 pm
Nintendo should make classic characters and their titles return in 3D and HD. I would like to see SMB2 and SMB3 with the same graphics and style like they did with SMB WII.
#1348  June 21, 2014, 11:24:44 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
What are you talking about Super smash bros 3 (brawl) was already on wii
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#1349  June 21, 2014, 11:38:42 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
SMB is Super Mario Bros. Come on now. :\
#1350  June 21, 2014, 11:58:08 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Nintendo should just take all of their franchises and swap genres between them for new games.  They'd make like a billion dollars and they wouldn't even have to do anything extra.  Think about it:  an F-Zero styled Star Fox racer.  A Kirby game with 3D Mario gameplay.  Pokemon Crossing.  It'd be the easiest thing ever.
#1351  June 22, 2014, 12:28:46 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#1352  June 22, 2014, 04:15:15 pm
Super Mario Bros 3 yeah! I have seen a fan wich recreated it's levels with the DS sprites and I was amazed. Nintendo should consider doing something like that.

Take a look at it.

#1353  June 23, 2014, 09:05:56 pm
#1354  June 23, 2014, 09:11:38 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Here's The Most Popular Consoles In The US Based On Game Art HQ Likes set by GBK.
http://mybadnews.com/2014/06/22/heres-the-most-popular-consoles-in-the-us-based-on-ga-hq-likes/

I am surprised that the GBK-U hasn't enough likes. I wonder if those are legal as GBK creates thousands of fake profiles and hacks for likes .

Sorry omega...I have nothing against you but re-posting something like an article about something fucking..really fucking unrelevant as ...facebook likes?

Come on dude...am sure some more interesting and most of all...relevant Nintendo related news are worthy to repost here.

#1355  June 23, 2014, 09:43:13 pm
that map is more than likely a load of shit. i have to wonder what pages they're using for reference. there are no large official pages specific to the ps4, the xbox one, or the wii u.

https://www.facebook.com/xbox - this has been around since the 360, anyone that also likes the 360 likes this page too. 6 of my friends like this page and none of them have an xbone
https://www.facebook.com/PlayStation?brandloc=DISABLE - this has been around since the ps3, most likely encompasses the ps1 and ps2 too (and the vita but LOL). 23 of my friends like this page and i'm pretty sure none of them have a ps4
https://www.facebook.com/NintendoConsoleGaming - the wii u and wii pages were merged to create this page. 6 of my friends like this, only 2 of them have a wii u.
Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:48:38 pm by Titiln
#1356  June 24, 2014, 02:09:27 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Next year’s Legend of Zelda might feature multiplayer
The next Legend of Zelda game, announced for Wii U at E3 earlier this month, might feature a multiplayer component, according to producer Eiji Aonuma.

Speaking with Game Informer about the upcoming Dynasty Warriors-based Zelda title Hyrule Warriors, Aonuma said, “The two-player functionality of Hyrule Warriors is actually something that has traditionally been done in the Dynasty Warriors series, but they’ve changed because of the hardware and the second screen on your GamePad. Instead of having a splitscreen on the television, you have one-player playing on the television and one on the GamePad.”

He continued, teasing, “When I was talking back about making Zelda more than just a single-player experience? That’s something you will see in the future, maybe next year.”

Nintendo should make classic characters and their titles return in 3D and HD. I would like to see SMB2 and SMB3 with the same graphics and style like they did with SMB WII.
Super Mario Bros 3 yeah! I have seen a fan wich recreated it's levels with the DS sprites and I was amazed. Nintendo should consider doing something like that.

You can probably do something Like this With Mario Maker.

#1357  June 25, 2014, 10:33:19 pm
You can probably do something Like this With Mario Maker.

That would be great but, we don't know how far they'll go with creating Mario Maker. There is a chance for that to happen I guess.
#1358  June 26, 2014, 10:59:31 pm
#1359  June 27, 2014, 01:40:13 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Here's hoping for a Shovel Knight 2.
#1360  June 27, 2014, 02:28:31 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
The first game just came out. Have some damn patience.