YesNoOk

What kind of lives do we lead? (Read 9718 times)

Started by Shundhi, October 08, 2011, 05:00:52 am
Share this topic:

hjk

Re: What kind of lives do we lead?
#141  October 12, 2011, 01:08:24 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
I will reply to that, too. I would really appreciate it if you just sent me a personal message with all of your fantastic questions. That way, I can answer them when I'm not busy and not have them get lost in this outstandingly interesting topic of yours.

Hoping you take this seriously, as I am not joking.
I am not joking, either. Is that a threat?
You said that I was making a fool of myself in public and even took the liberty to insult me? Why shouldn't I continue to make a fool of myself out here in the open and allow you to speak your peace as you wish (insults or otherwise, I'm fine. I don't think anyone else really cares)?

I don't see why this should go to PMs especially after the myriad of personal questions that I've answered............. out here in the open.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:35:19 pm by Dammit. Duo! Dude, I'm gonna miss you man!!!
#142  October 12, 2011, 01:31:36 pm
    • Thailand
:stare:

hjk

#143  October 12, 2011, 01:34:05 pm
    • Afghanistan
I'll be waiting on your reply.

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

#144  October 12, 2011, 01:57:01 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
see what you've done,
you just made Rajaa logged off 
>:(

hjk

#145  October 13, 2011, 05:29:20 am
    • Afghanistan

#146  October 13, 2011, 05:33:26 am
    • USA
but all of us are supposed to know the rules of this site anyway...

hjk

#147  October 13, 2011, 05:41:21 am
    • Afghanistan
I wonder how many posters actually do?

Well, since I'm apparently double accounting, I thought that would warrant some kind of punihsment. Does it?

#148  October 13, 2011, 05:45:41 am
    • USA
well. they may not know all the rules but a double account is a violation anybody usually knows about when joining a forum of any kind.

hjk

#149  October 13, 2011, 05:47:11 am
    • Afghanistan
Which is why I was wondering why they didn't ban me?

Is this hjk thing a joke or something?

#150  October 13, 2011, 05:53:51 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

hjk

#151  October 13, 2011, 05:56:55 am
    • Afghanistan
I see.

I guess I'll still wait on Rajaa's reply... he probably won't bother.

#152  October 13, 2011, 06:03:24 am
  • FTW!!!
I didnt bother to read the whole 8 pages, but I wanted to make a quick comment on your first post.

The one thing that truly plagues me, though, is this overwhelming resent I have for the fact that "status" could be important within the mugen community - I can't understand it, primarily because I don't see how Mugen could become THAT important to anyone.

If you're speaking in a wide general since then it isnt important, it is about as important as the next video game.

Now if you're talking about the important of statues in a personal level, then the sense of importance comes from the creations the people made. The work and research they've done in order to make characters, it is the equivalent of writing a college turn paper. You work hard and share it, hopefully to get a good grade on it. However when you worked hard on your character and someone just so happen to copy your work and calls it their own, should you have the right to call out their bullshit? Hell yeah. Just because its a lolvideogame (engine if you want to be a panzy) doesnt mean your creations should amount to nothingness.

Or in a different view

Statuses is given, if you think you are an awesome poster but many others think you're not, then most likely you're not. Some people are proud of who they are and if someone insults their "pride" then it usually resides in a backlash.

Although this is, I think that it simply points to a prevailing need for control within me and even to a compultion to prove that I'm right all of the time. That said, I'm still baffled by the idea that anyone could put such odd importance on status here.
Because statuses=representation?

When I find something irrational/illogical I have to prove it wrong and get frustrated when I don't succeed; I always wind up puzzling myself as to why I wasn't able to show the other people that their way of thinking was useless .
Are you Mark Zuckerbuerg?

Anyway, when I'm on the forum and see jackasssed threads persist for 7 pages, I wonder to myself, why it is that we could possibly find this shit important.
One word.

Entertainment

Or to quote from a certain someone. "One man's misery is another man's entertainment."

Well, that's my two cents. I didn't mention what I do in life because it's not important. I wanted to know how everyone else felt about the forum and what exactly they do besides it. Does MFG play a big role in your life; how important is it to you?
I go to College, I recently got into Magic The Gathering and made quite a few friends.. I introduced a few people to Mugen and let someone download my Mugen folder to their computer.

As far as MFG and its importance, well I believe everything we do makes us who we are today. If I never found Mugen, MI, or MFG, then I wouldnt be the same person. Just as if I didnt like rock/metal music I wouldnt be the same.

But thats just me.

But hey I havent contributed a damn character to the community so why listen to me?  ;D
Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:09:49 am by Epic Winnery
#153  October 13, 2011, 12:30:14 pm
    • Thailand
I thought I made it pretty clear that I wasn't gonna reply to any of that wannabe-philosophical shit.

hjk

#154  October 13, 2011, 01:16:14 pm
    • Afghanistan
I just realized that I mispelled compulsion.

Now if you're talking about the important of statues in a personal level, then the sense of importance comes from the creations the people made. The work and research they've done in order to make characters, it is the equivalent of writing a college turn paper. You work hard and share it, hopefully to get a good grade on it. However when you worked hard on your character and someone just so happen to copy your work and calls it their own, should you have the right to call out their bullshit? Hell yeah. Just because its a lolvideogame (engine if you want to be a panzy) doesnt mean your creations should amount to nothingness.
What I'm really talking about is the social aspect of the thing. How good a person is at Mugen also seems to foster a type of useless elitism which I can't see the real benefit of.

Are you Mark Zuckerbuerg?
That first post was a reflection of myself. There was a time where I threw my life at things that were unimportant and became extremely defensive over them. It reflected many of my insecurities and the fact that I didn't think I was succeeeding in other more important aspects of my life. I was really wondering if some of the posters who seem to be obsessed with Mugen or the forum in general (Rajaa and JZ to tell you the truth) were in similar situations.

I thought I made it pretty clear that I wasn't gonna reply to any of that wannabe-philosophical shit.
I can't be the only one who thinks that you're constantly trying to prove something Rajaa.
And I'm a wannabe-philosopher? Just to correct you, most philosophers have theoretical answers to the problems they ask. I, on the other hand, have mainly been asking, "Why?"

Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:21:10 pm by Dammit. Duo! Dude, I'm gonna miss you man!!!
#155  October 13, 2011, 01:30:34 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Last I checked, today's philosophers sit around with their hands up their asses being useless.
#156  October 13, 2011, 01:40:29 pm
  • I got a PM.
No they are not useless. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have bullshit degrees and classes.
#157  October 13, 2011, 01:40:50 pm
    • Thailand
Dammit. Duo! Dude, I'm gonna miss you man!!! link=topic=134745.msg1446042#msg1446042 said:

Says the guy who:

Well, I wanted to play some soccer or run around messing with people, but that's just me. I've got a loudmouth personality.

Shut the fuck up.

You mess with people in real life for fun and you do it on the internet, too. You're nothing but a kid.

hjk

#158  October 13, 2011, 02:25:51 pm
    • Afghanistan
Dammit. Duo! Dude, I'm gonna miss you man!!! link=topic=134745.msg1446042#msg1446042 said:

Says the guy who:
Well, I wanted to play some soccer or run around messing with people, but that's just me. I've got a loudmouth personality.

Shut the fuck up.
You mess with people in real life for fun and you do it on the internet, too. You're nothing but a kid.
LOL, I knew you'd eventually post my PM.

In actuality Rajaa the only person I've been messing with on the forum is you, but that only started on the last page.

"You're nothing but a kid." Comments like that are exactly why I think that you need to constantly need to "prove" something.

#159  October 13, 2011, 02:27:06 pm
    • Thailand
K.

hjk

#160  October 13, 2011, 02:28:44 pm
    • Afghanistan
^ Again. Proving something.

No they are not useless. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have bullshit degrees and classes.
Totally agree.
I was wondering why you recommended college? - Don't answer.

Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:32:19 pm by Dammit. Duo! Dude, I'm gonna miss you man!!!