YesNoOk

Scientists teorise that Higgs boson might be too abhorrent for nature to handle. (Read 3415 times)

Started by Bea, October 20, 2009, 07:02:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Scientists teorise that Higgs boson might be too abhorrent for nature to handle.
#21  October 21, 2009, 12:58:49 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
i was about to post something very similar  ;P
if i throw a ball backwards in time it no longer becomes observable by us we travel forward. it is all relative.
you'd see the ball flyin' through the air while you still haven't thrown it into past, and for a period of time there'll be two balls
Re: Scientists teorise that Higgs boson might be too abhorrent for nature to handle.
#22  October 21, 2009, 01:23:43 am
  • from a bayou somewhere in Louisiana...
    • USA
wouldn't there be two balls already? i threw it into the past. it would no longer continue with us forward but would have been there already; going backwards. hunh?
space/time is relative=crazy>logic.

OZ

#23  October 21, 2009, 01:24:39 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
In which case, wouldn't you have seen it before throwing it?

But then, lets say that if I see the ball before I throw it, I'm not going to throw it.
In which case, I would have never seen the ball and will decide to throw it.
ಠ_ಠ
Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:28:54 am by Oz, the New Rikard apparently
#24  October 21, 2009, 01:27:24 am
    • Argentina
let's say you have the ball in your hand and in front of you a ring that makes things go 23 seconds in the past
23 seconds before you throw the ball into it, you see another ball coming out of the ring. 23 seconds after that you are throwing the ball into the ring and seeing it disappear forever. but you still have the 'ball from the future' laying somewhere in front of the ring  ;D

OZ

#25  October 21, 2009, 01:31:51 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
But will the future affecting the past have a different affect on the future?

Fuck it. I'm just going to say there are different timelines.
ಠ_ಠ
#26  October 21, 2009, 01:34:10 am
    • Argentina
forget all you saw in back to the future, because that's not how time works and there's only one timeline muffuga  >:(

OZ

#27  October 21, 2009, 01:40:28 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
So by seeing the 'future' ball travel through the ring, you are bound to put the original ball into the ring 23 seconds later?
ಠ_ಠ
#28  October 21, 2009, 01:42:55 am
    • USA
ha, ha true that, when people dick around with the past; an alternate reality is created. "we" travel forward; if you threw a ball into the past it has become caught in a time loop and no longer exists for "us". really trippy $#!+..
#29  October 21, 2009, 01:43:35 am
    • Argentina
#30  October 21, 2009, 01:45:49 am
    • USA
no, one of your alternates threw that ball. you don't have to do anything. but eventually you are gonna throw a ball and it will disappear to your reality forever.

the same matter cannot co exist in the same space.
#31  October 21, 2009, 01:48:36 am
    • Argentina
alternate realities are just a wet dream of scientist novelists of the '30s
until we have more proof regarding time travel (most likely never), the safest and most rational thing appears to be that we all live in one timeline and you shouldn't fuck around with it
the same matter cannot co exist in the same space.
coz the universe will implode, right?
#32  October 21, 2009, 01:51:22 am
I have many many things to say regarding this but I'm sure my future self would have wanted me to spend my time viewing anime boobs instead of this hugest mindfuck of the unknown, so eventhough in the past that has yet to come where I already posted those things, I decided not to because it will felt better, so I'm paster than my past self but this is the future me deciding and posting after overrideng my newer past post also I'd like to become friends with the futurest me because it turns out you don't need to know people to be friends with them, although one thing I sure know about him is that he's rude for correcting other peopleformer selves' post and better yet overriding their would-be-past-that-never-happened thoughts
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#33  October 21, 2009, 01:54:51 am
    • USA
nah, it would probably destroy itself.
hey the thread story"it un creates it self when we create it!"
we travel forward in time; it defines our 3d space. you can slow it down; even stop it, but to go backwards? it would probably cease to exist; for "us"
just look at black holes; they don't even go backwards; if they do we can't see it.

hey don't forget, looking at tits extends life.
#34  October 21, 2009, 01:57:33 am
    • Argentina
#35  October 21, 2009, 01:59:10 am
    • USA
not me; let's get Mikey!
#36  October 21, 2009, 02:01:46 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Already didn't happen. 8)  Time is linear boys.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#37  October 21, 2009, 02:05:41 am
    • USA
too true; you cannot fot-around with time, when you do; it becomes non-observable from our standpoint. thus you can nor cannot prove time dickery.
#38  October 21, 2009, 02:06:29 am
    • Argentina
present forevermore  :buttrox:

OZ

#39  October 21, 2009, 02:08:39 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Btw, CookDaXapper, 5 seconds from now I'm going to revoke your double-posting privileges.

And.
Now.

No more double posts.  :ninja:
ಠ_ಠ
#40  October 21, 2009, 02:11:59 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
adding: what if that ball weighed enough to pull your galaxy back into the past with it?

would you end up in the past, a double of yourself or fade away, as the same matter cannot exist in the same space...except you'r different matter now...