YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 854469 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#221  April 04, 2012, 02:10:44 am
    • Germany
ok searched for a random example where I found the amount of swearing excessive. wasn't hard to find:
https://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=115031.msg1540505#msg1540505

maybe I'm being conservative about this kinda stuff. it's not about the words themselves, it's about the lack of respect they convey. you can not agree with people or not respect them, but that doesn't make it ok to throw a general level of politeness out of the window.

\\ edit

<- please ignore the pony on the left, not doing a gimmick thing here.
#222  April 04, 2012, 02:17:29 am
#223  April 04, 2012, 02:26:18 am
    • Germany
Read up on the guy I linked, he's kind of a cunt.

Doesn't mean calling him one is going to help the situation.

It's not /that/ big a deal to me either, but just big enough to bring it up while talking about something similar.
#224  April 04, 2012, 03:12:25 am
i now get the feeling you keep trying to undermine my decisions without having full knowledge of what's going on, as seen in your post in this thread bringing attention to how i'm a terrible swearing monster against every poster or how i'm possibly failing at democracy by abusing my status. i don't think this is going to work
#225  April 04, 2012, 04:26:44 am
    • Germany
When I said failed at diplomacy, I meant just that. Diplomacy failed, might be time for less diplomatic measures. I had told navana his gimmick was annoying right before that post. I can see how the added ambiguity could have sounded accusing though, I tend to qualify strong statements (like "fail at diplomacy") when I'm not entirely sure. Wasn't meant that way, and I'm not even sure how you are getting from that to "abusing your status".

I'm pretty sure I never said you were a terrible swearing monster against everyone, and I didn't demand you never use a bad word again. I just wanted to direct your attention at your choice of words for a minute, because I feel you are sometimes provoking people with it, which makes it harder for them to follow good advice because they need to swallow their pride even more.

Said it before, saying it again, it's been a long time since I really disagreed with any of your decisions. You're doing a great job here, and I'm glad to have you. Doesn't help the fact that my mom was a fan of swear jars, so that's the constructive feedback you're going to get from me once in a while, nothing personal about it.

Can I use smileys again now?
#226  April 04, 2012, 04:58:04 am
please find someone less aggressive

OZ

#227  April 04, 2012, 05:00:11 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
let's not do this again
ಠ_ಠ
#228  April 04, 2012, 05:08:15 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont think anyone less aggressive is needed, titiln is fine at what he does, if anything you could pace yourself more into arguments so that for outside readers it doesnt seem like you go from zero to fuck this shit in one post.
Dont take val observation so strongly.
#229  April 04, 2012, 06:14:41 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Oh wow, that was a huge overreaction.

Download Last Bout now!
#230  April 04, 2012, 06:25:44 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Sean, I think it's best we let this one play itself out.
#231  April 04, 2012, 06:39:50 am
    • USA
I'll throw my cent and a half (Again) and say that when I was an insufferable n00b several years ago I had to deal with several people who were in charge back then with similar behavior (And of course others who weren't mods) and while I did have problems with many people, be it via pms, on a thread, because I was stupid or oblivious to what's going on or not informed enough, etc. (This was the first internet site I've ever started to post on, my first internet forum, and in a language I wasn't very good at) I really don't think any of this kind of stuff helped me to get to know how to properly behave on the internet at all (Well in retrospective is not a surprise at all, when 90% of the feedback I got was just empty insults and really silly stuff from the mods like locking my profile, making me invisible to anybody except mods, modifying my posts, etc.) but in fact totally the opposite.

If anything I gotta thank Valodim for a REALLY LONG PM he sent me back then (He told me it took him like 40 minutes to write it XD) giving me tips and whatnot to be a better member of the site (And this was AFTER making me a ghost and all that :P) so feel free to make the obvious "you're still a shitty poster haha!" jokes but credit where's due, Val helped me a lot back then (Even if, mentioning it for the third time, he and messatsu made me a fucking ghost for quite some time &gt;_&gt;). So thanks.
#232  April 04, 2012, 08:48:36 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
That has little to do with people who are actively trying to be shitheads. Ultimately, you're going to go through that treatment from someone, mod or not, so while it's a nice story it's kind of irrelevant, especially since Titiln hasn't really done(Insulting someone with prejudice) that to an actual newbie of that caliber.

Honestly, it seemed like Val was talking to him like he was a child and I would've got upset too. That's my opinion anyways.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:53:33 am by TempesT

OZ

#233  April 04, 2012, 09:03:03 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
déjà vu
ಠ_ಠ
#234  April 04, 2012, 09:06:32 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I know what you're talking about and don't worry. I'm done ^__^
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#235  April 04, 2012, 10:43:14 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
when I was an insufferable n00b several years ago
heh

this situation is regrettable, really. titiln only ever acts that way to members with problematic histories... its not like its hard to tell when he is serious about warnings. oh well. wish you the best in future endeavors if you dont decide to come back
#236  April 04, 2012, 10:59:43 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
As a user (one with many mistakes cause I'm not perfect), I have many things I could say about Titiln that I don't agree with but again I won't say it cause I'm afraid I could get banned (by him), I recently learned to keep a low profile so that I can enjoy this forum without posting much... yeah... to enjoy a forum I like I have to keep a low profile without making much posts... ain't that sad? Anyways I just wanted to let my thoughts be heard as a regular user here, other than that I think the other admins and mods are doing a great job here, goodnight guys...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:04:43 am by Lord Kain
#237  April 04, 2012, 02:59:54 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

well fuck

amazing what one innocuous MSN message can do :(
#238  April 04, 2012, 03:10:36 pm
    • Thailand
GBK should not be banned for more than a week, if not at all

Titiln is mean as fuck, but only to people who are as stupid as fuck. Does either one justify the other? Not necessarily. Is one more damaging than the other? That depends. A stupid person can derail threads by inviting people to bash them; a mean administrator could make people think it's okay to bash stupid people. And sometimes it is okay to bash stupid people, but it's never okay to be stupid.

All-in-all, Titiln obviously didn't want to moderate a forum for someone who didn't necessarily understand or approve of some of his methods. Although, Valdoim did mention that has been gone for a while and isn't really up to date on forum affairs.

Either way, Titiln made people afraid to be stupid. That is a good thing. I don't want the forum to be invaded by tons of stupid users who now think it's okay to be stupid.
#239  April 04, 2012, 03:33:00 pm
  • SNK is life
Overreactions all around.

- Unban GBK or make his ban shorter.

- Restate Titiln as admin.
WTF somebody tells you to tone it down a notch, and you go all Fred Durst "M<y way or the highway"? Grow the fuck up, learn to consider assimilate feedback. Questioning yourself isn't a bad thing.
#240  April 04, 2012, 05:01:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
As a user (one with many mistakes cause I'm not perfect), I have many things I could say about Titiln that I don't agree with but again I won't say it cause I'm afraid I could get banned (by him), I recently learned to keep a low profile so that I can enjoy this forum without posting much... yeah... to enjoy a forum I like I have to keep a low profile without making much posts... ain't that sad? Anyways I just wanted to let my thoughts be heard as a regular user here, other than that I think the other admins and mods are doing a great job here, goodnight guys...
considering the way you were posting before, downright hassling new people, you learning to keep a low profile was not a bad thing.