YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 864735 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#741  December 01, 2012, 05:45:04 pm
Why are you a gmod, anyway ? What does it mean to you, and what actions do you take for it ? You only talk about things not to do.
It's good to have a dissenting voice in things.
This topic.
Of course it depends if, in your mind, discussions here have the same weigh as a discussion in the staff section. I really mean in your mind, the discussions are mostly going well here, you treat this topic seriously enough, but does it weigh as much ? If MBH was not staff but saying the same things here than she says in the staff section, would it be the same in your head ?

I'm not trying to imply you treat staff differently than you treat the plebe, I'm saying that if you don't, then the real difference between being a gmod and not being one is actually having the power to do things, not being the voice of opposition, since this topic works just fine for that. And if someone doesn't use those powers (as long as they're being used rightfully etc. of course), what worth does it have to have them ?
(again, this is assuming an equal value in the words of different people, the above would be terribly bad in the opposite situation)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:52:59 pm by DKDC
#742  December 01, 2012, 07:14:47 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
This topic.
Yes but I meant among the mods.

Of course it depends if, in your mind, discussions here have the same weigh as a discussion in the staff section.
It doesn't. It's important, but not equal.

If MBH was not staff but saying the same things here than she says in the staff section, would it be the same in your head ?
Personally, I don't think it would be. For a whole bunch of reasons.
#743  December 01, 2012, 10:05:46 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
unban peterfoster. i didn't mind his posts. i hella liked his posts. anyone that doesn't like him can just put him on ignore. it's not his fault that people respond to the stupid posts he makes. this goes for everybody that got banned for just being a shitty poster.
Peterfoster posted about 3 times as much as navana and made threads at a much greater rate than him as well. He was ACTIVELY disruptive. And "don't be a shitty poster" was never in the rules and we shouldn't have banned anyone for it as it makes us look like massive hypocrits. We have the option now, but when peter and a variety of other people were banned, we did not.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#744  December 01, 2012, 10:16:54 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
"Don't be a shitty poster" is in the rules though. It's the summation of the entire rules thread, in fact.

p.s. not banning someone unless they do something "illegal" is not just a dissenting opinion, it's a fucking ridiculous standard that should be held by a failed cop that got kicked off the force, not some global mod on a mugen forum. Get real imo
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#745  December 01, 2012, 10:35:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Find myself agreeing with tempest.

Also comparing pranks to someone that repeatedly lies, gets caught, denies, comes back and begs forgiveness, lies again, gets caught,denies,  comes back and begs forgiveness over and over again is literalist and dumb as nails.
Navana wasnt banned over pretending to be a woman, same way that mbh wasnt banned over joking about being a man, EVEN THO everyone knows that mbh was joking and Navana was stealing photos from a real girl to do it and try to manipulate people.
Someone doing a prank on someone else is not the same as someone THAT LITERALLY PRETENDS TO HAVE NO MUGEN SKILLS SO THEY CAN GET CODERS TO TEACH HIM CODING(even after caddie trained him ) . Holy shit.  Its someone that preys on people that dont know them in order to get them to waste their time. If you had someone coming to your neighbourhood pretending to be homeless and begging money off people when they didnt even need the money you would want to get rid of the person.

I dont care if navana gets banned or not, i already permabanned him once for being manipulative and lying constantly. But having a discussion about his behaviour turn into literalism and detail bickering is dumb, weigh in what he is doing and what effects it could have, and decide if its worth ignoring or not, dont go around acting like pseudo lawyers.
#746  December 01, 2012, 10:55:18 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Everyones definition of "shitty poster" is different and making a post many users see as dumb is not the same as doing something wrong. If you're stupid, don't join this forum. Yep, excellent mentality.

It is not our job to "fix" people. A moderator is a janitor. Badgering someone to obey some forum mentality isn't something we should be doing.

I'm with MBH, i think we permaban too much for little things. And this is little. Very little.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#747  December 01, 2012, 10:56:41 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
man, this guy navana sure got exaclty what he wanted becasue you fuckers can't stop talking about him
#748  December 01, 2012, 11:44:53 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Why are so many of you defending Navana?
#749  December 01, 2012, 11:55:09 pm
I think Navana isn't a such a problem if you cool your jets.
#750  December 01, 2012, 11:59:12 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Been trying to but he's derailed so much of the forum, really if the moderators are supposed to be "Janitors" then could you at least clean the source of the filth? Also if said person isn't going to obey forum rules then why not do something about him?
#751  December 01, 2012, 11:59:37 pm
the ones that haven't dealt with navana don't see it as a big deal and isolate the issue, the ones that have dealt with him for longer and are aware of how many times he has pulled similar shit, however, do. if he was previously banned (permanently somehow, but he came back so i guess he was forgiven?) on grounds of lying then he clearly should be banned again, because he's lying.
#752  December 02, 2012, 12:02:53 am
I guess you're right, I don't think I'll understand why it's a big deal
#753  December 02, 2012, 12:08:03 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
He lies, he uses people, (Such as Ryon for example), and then he whines about it asking for sympathy. Not only that but his smug attitude and constant ignoring of the rules. He contributes nothing to the forum at all, his releases are shit or often cries of attention.
#754  December 02, 2012, 12:11:25 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just the way he made a stage that people liked and then said he'd make it private because they liked it irked me. Add that on top of the rest of his crap and I have to go with banning too. I don't care about the stage at all, it's just further proof of what he is.
#755  December 02, 2012, 01:38:11 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
#756  December 02, 2012, 05:38:09 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Let's ban all heretics as well.

Honestly I've dealt with him and even I think a permaban is overkill

Mog

#757  December 02, 2012, 11:11:25 am
fake mugen infantry was made on or around april fools,

I thought it was earlier in March, but you're probably right.  Whenever... it was a lot of fun.

Things just don't bother me as much as they do everyone else I guess.

:bow:
#758  December 02, 2012, 12:01:46 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#759  December 02, 2012, 02:18:44 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
rarity trixie is best pony, quote this post if you agree
Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:24:33 am by Bastard Wolf
#760  December 04, 2012, 02:04:50 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
So I tried the ignore feature for the first time today, what with all the "GUYS STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT NAVANA, USE THE IGNORE FEATURE" and...

1) The post is spoilered. I've never seen a spoiler I didn't click on, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

2) So let's say I supress the urge to click on the post. I still get to read it when I hit "Reply."

So in short, telling someone to put a bothersome user on the Ignore List is dumb because it does jack crap (except maybe for PM's, I dunno), and people who talk about how they can't see the offending posts are lying.