YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 865589 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:

GOH

Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#961  February 10, 2013, 03:44:59 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Wrong "warnings" mate. You should post that in Val's thread and such.
#962  February 10, 2013, 07:40:20 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Oh yes I realised that :P
#963  February 15, 2013, 03:49:33 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I'm on Rajaa's side here.  I've only ever seen her arguing with the rest of the staff with banning anyone. It's like she opposed to banning anyone in general.

How did she get modship anyway? I've been wondering that ever since she got it.
#964  February 15, 2013, 03:52:40 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I'm pretty sure Sepp suggested her for the position when he retired.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#965  February 15, 2013, 04:28:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'm on Rajaa's side here.  I've only ever seen her arguing with the rest of the staff with banning anyone. It's like she opposed to banning anyone in general.

+1
#966  February 15, 2013, 04:30:00 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Decision making has been horridly slow lately.
#967  February 15, 2013, 04:39:06 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
As I know, MissB made some stages in the past or contribuited with various other projects, so the purple star is well gained and she's not an "useless MUGEN maker" as Rajaa intended to say. But I also agree about she only opposed to general decisions, especially the ones that involved bans. I read all discussed about her effectivity a mod, but nobody (but Rajaa) wants to be delayed of her job there

As for hjk, yeah, bosses here were way too late for the ban (he should be muted since months, but noooo... "let's be patient with that guy, he'll change"), but luckily it was done now and it's a permaban. He won't be missed, that's for sure...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#968  February 15, 2013, 04:40:07 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
She doesn't even have a Contributor star. Dunno what you're talking about. ._.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

Mog

#969  February 15, 2013, 04:46:47 am

I was asked to help by Iced and Titiln.  I've owned and staffed 5 forums over the past 11 years, including 2 that are still very active.  I've been on staff (including admin) on 4 other mugen forums. 

I don't like banning for the most part and I think it should only be done as a last resort, so yeah you will probably see me question them.   Just because I don't like bannings doesnt mean I'm going to have a tantrum every time someone gets it.  I've agreed with some bannings (even if I would like to see some of them shorter) and I banned Navana when enough was enough with him.

Just because I have a differing style of moderation doesnt make me right and it doesnt make me wrong, it makes me different. 

Posted: February 15, 2013, 04:50:55 am
As I know, MissB made some stages in the past or contribuited with various other projects, so the purple star is well gained and she's not an "useless MUGEN maker" as Rajaa intended to say. But I also agree about she only opposed to general decisions, especially the ones that involved bans. I read all discussed about her effectivity a mod, but nobody (but Rajaa) wants to be delayed of her job there

As for hjk, yeah, bosses here were way too late for the ban (he should be muted since months, but noooo... "let's be patient with that guy, he'll change"), but luckily it was done now and it's a permaban. He won't be missed, that's for sure...

I've helped in some projects in the past (including several stages and Leech who still isnt finished), but I'm not talented enough to be a contributor.  That doesnt stop me from admiring others talent.
#970  February 15, 2013, 04:55:05 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Decision making has been horridly slow lately.
hjk was banned for 13 months before the permaban was put in place, so it's not like we had to rush. Besides, we were talking about other, more important things, like Naked Crazy Joe!

But he has been banned before. A lot. The only reason they weren't permanent was because his obnoxious and baiting posts never really warranted a permaban. But they slowed aggregated into one.

Regarding MissB, it's good to have someone who doesn't always agree with everyone. It helps let everyone reexamine their positions and reasoning.
#971  February 15, 2013, 04:56:36 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Wow, even with a year long ban he won't learn his lesson?

Well, good riddance for him then.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#972  February 15, 2013, 05:22:26 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Regarding MissB, it's good to have someone who doesn't always agree with everyone. It helps let everyone reexamine their positions and reasoning.

But she often comes off as a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian. I agree with Rajaa as well. Her comments about the forum becoming "mean and nasty" come off as disingenuous (seeing as she's the one who puts up popcorn smileys whenever a big argument breaks out) and lack any sort of factual basis. I honestly just think she likes arguing, whether she's spectating or participating (up until the point she starts ignoring people, like she has been doing with Rajaa). Nothing personal, just how I (and several others) see it.

Download Last Bout now!

Mog

#973  February 15, 2013, 05:43:40 am

But she often comes off as a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian. I agree with Rajaa as well. Her comments about the forum becoming "mean and nasty" come off as disingenuous (seeing as she's the one who puts up popcorn smileys whenever a big argument breaks out) and lack any sort of factual basis. I honestly just think she likes arguing, whether she's spectating or participating (up until the point she starts ignoring people, like she has been doing with Rajaa). Nothing personal, just how I (and several others) see it.

Good points and sometimes I have to stop and ask myself if I'm being contrary for no reason and maybe sometimes I do.  I dont mind being called on it.  As for ignoring Rajaa, I think his posts to me in that thread come across as bullying, badgering, aggressive and insulting and I dont respond to that.  Rajaa has an aggressive posting style anyway, thats just his way and I'm not going to spend a lot of time on a snarling dogfight with Rajaa.

The shift towards mean and nasty I talked about has nothing to do with in your face arguments.  Those are to be expected when you have personality clashes.  It has to do with the passive/aggressive remarks that dont really break rules, the tendency to form cliques and some other subtle stuff.  It's not really a staff issue apart from trying to be fair to people we dont like,

I'm pretty sure the popcorn smiley is an RI thing, 
#974  February 15, 2013, 06:07:15 am
As for ignoring Rajaa, I think his posts to me in that thread come across as bullying, badgering, aggressive and insulting and I dont respond to that.
it is unfortunate that it took you so long to clearly say this, because you flat-out ignored several of rajaa's posts in the staff thread. i don't expect staff to agree on everything all the time, i don't expect all staff members to completely get along, but you should at least have the decency to say "i'm ignoring you because such and such, please don't bother" after each of rajaa's long ass posts.

that is, of course, in the scenario that staff members completely ignoring eachother is acceptable, which is not. one of you is clearly malfunctioning.
#975  February 15, 2013, 06:12:20 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I'm pretty sure the popcorn smiley is an RI thing, 

It is an RI thing, but you mentioned the other Mugen forums where you're a staff member, so I figured it was a valid point. Your response was very reasonable, though I still don't see what you're seeing as far as the forum goes.

Download Last Bout now!

Mog

#976  February 15, 2013, 06:36:46 am
As for ignoring Rajaa, I think his posts to me in that thread come across as bullying, badgering, aggressive and insulting and I dont respond to that.
it is unfortunate that it took you so long to clearly say this, because you flat-out ignored several of rajaa's posts in the staff thread. i don't expect staff to agree on everything all the time, i don't expect all staff members to completely get along, but you should at least have the decency to say "i'm ignoring you because such and such, please don't bother" after each of rajaa's long ass posts.

that is, of course, in the scenario that staff members completely ignoring eachother is acceptable, which is not. one of you is clearly malfunctioning.

I probably should have been more clear, but saying this after every post seems to be provoking more than just ignoring

http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1715585

Maybe I am malfunctioning, I dont mind being called on stuff because I'm not perfect.  I do mind insults and bullying and I won't respond to those.

though I still don't see what you're seeing as far as the forum goes.

It's something I started to notice a few months ago, just a shift, not like everyone suddenly grew fangs and claws.  Of course now that I think of it, it's not just here, it's all over the place.

#977  February 15, 2013, 06:37:10 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
You know.. I have been asking myself the same question for quite a while now.... how about instead of the "Global Moderator" star she should have the "Global Troll" star?

yeah... I was following that warnings thread and she pretty much evaded every comment Rajaa made towards her... that to me looked more like one of those ignorant users that ignore every post a mod would ask them which it was pretty immature specially when you are a "MOD"...

Just so you know: Rajaa wasn't or never insulted you at all during all those arguments you immaturely ignored...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:41:56 am by Lord Kain
#978  February 15, 2013, 06:53:53 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I do like that she questions most everything in a way. Especially bans. I feel the same about banning. It's just when every person in staff agrees on a course of action she should only push a different direction about once or so. If no one else sees it that way she shouldn't continue to go against the grain.
#979  February 15, 2013, 08:06:37 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Devils advocate is necessary.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#980  February 15, 2013, 08:17:35 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman