YesNoOk

12 Characters KOFE Beta Release (Read 11064 times)

Started by swipergod, March 29, 2008, 07:11:03 pm
Share this topic:
12 Characters KOFE Beta Release
New #1  March 29, 2008, 07:11:03 pm
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
**Edit**:  This release thread is obsolete.  A new one will be created shortly with an updated version of this release and then some.  Those looking to download this game should go to www.mugenhistory.com where the updated version will be posted soon.  To any mods reading this, you can lock/delete/whatever it is you do with this kinda stuff.  Thanks.

Included in this release:

Iori, K', Geese, Terry, Kim, King, Mr.Karate, Kasumi, Rugal, Whip, Leona, Mai

There's also some music and a few character stages you can't get online from their original site anymore.

Edit: Links have been updated due to prior deletion.  There is also no longer a bonues only folder, so if downloading characters only be sure that's all you'll want because otherwise you'll have to download everything all over again in the full download.

Characters Only (42MB):
http://files.filefront.com/KOFE+Charsrar/;10087930;/fileinfo.html

Both Characters and Bonuses (153MB)
http://files.filefront.com/KOFErar/;10087531;/fileinfo.html

Please keep in mind that they are so big because it's the initial release.  Subsequent releases will be much much smaller and won't consist of anything more than 4 characters at a time.

A superhuge thanks to Missfairy who really put in a lot of time and support for this project.  You're the best!
Also, a special thanks to [E] for being the first person to help with the project and maintaining an interest in it.
You 2 rock.

Enjoy and let me know what you think on my topic here:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=69500.0

That'll be the place for posting bugs, glitches and the like.  There are a few known problems that extend to some AI glitches, juggling issues and bind coding issues.  Anyone who can offer solutions for these problems is welcome to do so.  The really fine details like corner push velocities, guardhit times and the like will be tweaked for the final versions unless there are huge glaring issues.

If the link dies or there are any problems with instructions missing stuff etc... (I kinda rushed, so I might have missed something), please post here and I'll correct the problem ASAP.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:49:23 am by swipergod
Re: KOFE 1st Beta Release
#2  March 29, 2008, 07:40:14 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Request someone to host it or you can split the file into multiple parts (preferably 4) since its really annoying to download big files from free file-hosting services (since they don't support download resuming)

If there's any music,etc. please release them as a seperate file.
Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:50:24 pm by K.O.D
#3  March 29, 2008, 07:44:47 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Why are there PCX and Wav files in the character folders?..Also 100 MB sound folder. :S
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#4  March 29, 2008, 08:37:17 pm
  • My college nickname was bi pod
hrm...

I don't play MUGEN a lot but i tried your game.

Some chars have missing animations and produces lots of debug floods, i tried iori and you can't do all the combos iori is supposed to do, also his back, back + kick (where he jumps back) doesn't seems to be correct.

Seems like you are doing a good job but you need to work a little more on this thing. ._.

Keep Up The Good Work.
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#5  March 29, 2008, 08:49:48 pm
For missing animations, I'll need to know under what circumstances these happen under and such.   I should point out that these characters are optimized for use with KOFE characters and, while can be used with others (ie Juke's, Ahuron's, CCI's etc...), I'm not responsible for glitches that occur against those characters as this is an attempt at a game and the characters are made to function with each other.  Playability with others characters is a bonus, but I'm only concerned with KOFE vs KOFE glitches.

I will split the parts into characters and bonuses.  I don't know who to ask for website hosting.  I make things, but it's mostly self taught, so I know very few people in the community at the moment, let alone people with their own site.  If anyone's interested in hosting though, let me know.

Sorry about the additional pcx and wav stuff in the folders.  I'll delete them.  As I said, I was rushed.  That's programming stuff I used while creating the characters.  I forgot to delete them.

#6  March 30, 2008, 12:19:19 am
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
Love for swiper.

Congrats on finally getting things released, hun.  :)
#7  March 30, 2008, 04:17:29 pm
  • Yes, I am the one who drew that.
What is in the bonus file?
#8  March 30, 2008, 05:36:38 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
-Standing and Crouching Hard Kick should be cancelable (but crouching should not be juggleable)
-Crouching Hard Punch should be cancelable.
-CD should be cancelable (but not juggleable,only juggleable on counter hit)
-CLSN's should not change during guarding and evading (differs in each character,some are correct,some are not)
-Some characters moves have voices which should not be there (example : terry shouldn't have "go bang" during his hard power dunk)
-Why custom names for already pre-existing moves? (example : k' "heaven heat drive SDM" which is just the LDM version of his KoF2K3 chain drive)

I don't have much time to check other things,other creators can give you feedback on those.
Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 05:42:52 pm by K.O.D
#9  March 30, 2008, 06:00:07 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
No offense but the edited characters kinda suck.

It doesn't seem to have any (ok some...) accuracy, the voices on Terry for example, its pure bad, you should not mix Cvs2/KoF/Garou/whatever sounds.
They don't even use the same hitsparks and when making a game, the characters should have the same hitsparks.

You also should also add a mugen copy into it, because using stuff like fightfx.air/sff makes it easy to cut down much sff size in EVERY character instead of having hitsparks and effects individual in every char.

I know its a beta, but com'on....
My shitty mugen stuff:
Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 06:07:00 pm by Anj(IfElse(random < 500,g,e))l
#10  March 30, 2008, 08:08:11 pm
Bonus file is the extra stuff described in the PDF.  Mp3s of battle ready moded KOF music (cut out long intros, made louder), an SNK logo introduction, a couple of stages and some stuff to compliment Broken Mugen if you use it.  It's pretty big, so I split it from the characters, so only people who really want that stuff can download it.

Thanks for the tips K.O.D.  Chainables/Cancelables haven't been a big focus, I admit.  Mostly due to the limited combo environment I've tried to create.  Still, I'll look into it for future releases.  I actually tried to find most of the names for moves online through translation faqs on gamefaqs and on the 10th anniversary website.  I only improvised when I couldn't find anything.  I'll look into the clsn problem (that's new info for me).

I agree about the hit sparks.  That will be a final release fix, when I have a screenpack to go with the project.

Little things like Terry's voices are personal preferences.  Some want deadly accurate characters, some want something different, and some don't care either way.  I find nothing wrong with Terry's voices, but if you're not a fan, you can always change them.  I have no objections to that.  You're the one using the character after all.  The idea here is that I'm creating something different.  Not XI, not 2k2, not '98 (although I'm trying to replicate some of the mechanics).  These are new characters.  That was the point of the project.  You can see that from the first posts I created on the project's topic and in the movesets (K's counter HSDM or Whip's straight gun shot).  If you are looking for more accuracy/more combos, head over to Mugen China and give KOF Zillion a whirl.  It's a great game and really has a good XI type engine.  I'm not trying to be like the rest, because that's boring you already have a lot to choose from (oh look it's the 80th release of Terry, who's just like all the other Terrys out there).  I suggest if you're looking for dead accuracy, not to download my project because you WILL be disappointed.  The game I'm making is different, because that's the point.  I'm just looking for balance between my characters.  KOFE is going to be a new game, not a rehash.  Thank you.

Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 08:24:11 pm by swipergod
#11  March 31, 2008, 03:33:52 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ok, i can finally see what you are trying to do; though i only played it a bit because i have been kind of busy, i will give it more playing time to comment more on it.
Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:59:50 pm by Satou Sei
Re: 12 Characters KOFE Beta Release
#12  April 25, 2008, 07:08:25 pm
file front links are dead keeps directing me to main page. pls correct or if you have uploaded it somewhere else inform me.
Re: 12 Characters KOFE Beta Release
New #13  May 05, 2008, 08:42:29 pm
First link sends me to front page, second links leet me download the chars pack only. Can't get the chars+bonus pack. Apparently you still haven't quite fixed that, I thought your April 27 edit meant you did.

the PDF said:
bridge_evening by その他
o_O その他 means "others". It's the download type. If you check, all the stages are labelled as "stage (others)".
Also the "direct link" on that stage doesn't work : the site is a dynamic news site, the "direct link" you give definitely isn't going to show the stage you meant to link to. You should link to the actual page, which would be a link such as this one.

I'm not exactly sure I should be allowed to juggle Rising Tackle over 3 times for over 460 damage.
PDF said:
Legs of Conquest (d,d +p) sk version
Also the Buster Wolf command says 2qcf+2P but it's 2K.

Whip : can't do String Shot, Assassin Strike and Desert Eagle command as given in the PDF overlap (can't get DEagle)

Some debug text (Whip's Whip Shot for instance gives a "truncated to integer" error, I think there are some "missing required anims" too) etc.

"K' (Prime)" ? No it's dash, not prime.
K''s "Plus attack" after Crow Bite doesn't hit Rugal. His Blackout just doesn't come out. PDF says Air Trigger is qcb+P, but it's qcf+K.

Leona's Earring Explosive is written as qcb+K but it's qcb+P.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:13:59 pm by Baiken