YesNoOk

Alex S. / G.o.D. stuff (Read 193358 times)

Started by AlexSin, June 10, 2012, 10:07:36 am
Re: Alex S. / G.o.D. sprites
#81  June 12, 2013, 11:24:08 am
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
#82  June 12, 2013, 11:51:58 am
Of course, they're there for a reason, and that is that they can be used for anything. :)
#83  June 12, 2013, 05:25:54 pm
  • SNK is life
#84  June 12, 2013, 08:55:36 pm
Thing?
#85  June 12, 2013, 09:07:46 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
you are good spriter!
what are you planing next?
#86  June 12, 2013, 09:15:48 pm
  • SNK is life
Thing?
yeah, don't play innocent, the thing with the purple pants and the old-man face. There's so much wrong with it that I won't bother going into details. If you can't see anything wrong with it, I can't help you.

Your KFM sprite edit suggests his torso is facing forward, but the legs position and the shading suggest they're facing the opposite direction and a different lightsource is hitting it.

#87  June 12, 2013, 09:37:59 pm
Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:42:21 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#88  June 12, 2013, 09:56:37 pm
  • SNK is life
You need serious anatomy lessons:

- Neck / Head / Face is wrong
- Torso / Arms / Legs length are questionable at best.
- Hands are tiny.
- Those shoes.

You're trying to run, and you clearly haven't finished your crawling lessons. Learn where elbows and knees go. Practice drawing by hand first until you can get a reasonably fair looking human figure, this looks like elementary school doodles.

Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:02:05 pm by Señor Walt
#89  June 12, 2013, 10:13:30 pm
Hi res is not my job.
But I still appreciate the feedback.

I don't draw very well by hand, sadly :(
I really need anatomy lessons, you're right about that.

See? It wasn't difficult to say.
Now my job is to apply it. It will be difficult, but I'll try to do it. :)
#90  July 12, 2013, 05:01:02 pm
#91  July 14, 2013, 08:16:49 am
  • Yare Yare Daze
More definition, you should use antialiasing tech.

#92  July 14, 2013, 09:31:12 am
I wanted to make it close to the source (see the Process), but for the next ones I'll do as you said. :)
#93  July 17, 2013, 10:35:33 am

Buu in All Stars style.
Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:17:46 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#94  August 05, 2013, 02:17:51 pm
Kid Buu and
Krillin
in Arcade Style (or at least I tried).

Kid Buu has one more colour for the skin (that makes it four colours instead of the usual three common in all the Arcade sprites).
Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:27:00 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#95  August 06, 2013, 04:27:06 pm

I don't know how to make it wider, feedback appreciated.
By the way I started on the second frame.
Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:39:32 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#96  August 10, 2013, 06:39:49 pm
I'm finishing shading this one below, but I show you the outlines anyway:

Only the yellow stripe is finished here. In this one there aren't all the lines (for the shading) though, and I already fixed some of them in the one I have.
#97  August 11, 2013, 03:41:26 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
Good to see your still trying to improve! I will make one suggestion that I learned recently myself.

As far as being a pixel artist goes i feel like its better to learn how to do stuff with out a base. I mean its okay if you draw it on paper and what not but you should learn how to make stuff from scratch and not depend on other peoples work (like pictures and sprites bases) reference pics are good like for anatomy. But like tracing over outlines or editing outlines will only get you to a certain point. I am not sure how far you want your pixel art to take you.

But in order to level up and become a better artist I would suggest learning how to draw your stuff on paper. Trust me I suck at drawing stuff on paper but it is the way to go to learn how to do anatomy better and being more original. I learned this after years of spriting and doing it as a hobby. When it came to the point of me wanting to do it as a job and work on teams and stuff. Being original is the key! Learning how to sprite from pretty much nothing but your own imagination and skills is the key!

This just me but
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Try to challenge your self into improving your art! Doing more stuff from scratch is a hard process for people who started out just making edits. But in the long run it will better you!

I hoped this helped you! and Keep on posting your progress man :)

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#98  August 11, 2013, 04:34:47 pm
Yes, I know, but I don't have enough paper.

Joking, of course I have paper, it's just that I suck at drawing on a white sheet and nothing else but my imagination.
I tried it in the past, but meh. I didn't like it.
(Note: I didn't attend a drawing school or anything for that matter, that can be one of the reason of my difficulty at drawing; I think only once I was taught about anatomy, but that was a long time ago, and I was not interested in drawing.)

I drew some faces though, and they came ok, I guess (they were portraits of some classmates, a professor too).
They obviously were different from the "source" (if you can say so), some details were in the wrong place etc.; but they weren't that bad.

Now, anatomy; the thing I hate is making the proportions right. In fact, if you can see in the OC sprite (grey+violet), it was all wrong, shading too. (I didn't draw on paper, but I doubt the outcome would have been different). I'm not pessimistic (and if I look like it, shoot me), I'll start that process later, believe me. For now I do these type of things.

Thanks for the tip (walt said something like that too, the "draw on paper" stuff and the anatomy), I'll keep it in mind for the future.
Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:11:08 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#99  August 11, 2013, 05:08:27 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
Just saying its gonna take some years to get better at drawing on paper honestly the sooner the better :) But all in your own time once your ready for that!

Drawing on paper for a pixel artist is a MUST I think for leveling up your art and animations and stuff...I suck at drawing too. But I am trying my hardest man. if that means anything. Just try drawing the basic shapes and stuff first before you move on to complicated stuff.

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#100  August 11, 2013, 06:09:36 pm
The SFIII sprite creators must have drawn all animations with pencil and paper.
If you can get some great animations in that way... I mean I want to do it (to achieve those great results), but I'm still not ready to do that in my opinion.

Anyway,

Finally finished!
Sure, I could have anti aliased more some lines (I was even going to do that), but then I decided not to do that.

I think it's better this way.
Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:24:59 pm by Alex Sinigaglia