YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 865650 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#201  April 04, 2012, 01:01:15 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
While I'm talking about this: titiln, I'm a bit annoyed by your constant insulting of people. It makes bans like this which feel justified otherwise weird in the same way posting gimmicks did after you banned navana for it. this is not a new thing, but you really are doing it a lot lately.
Yea Chris you're doing to much lately. I didnt want to say anything because we are bronies but you are starting to become more like you were when Walt called you out acouple years ago

OZ

#202  April 04, 2012, 01:02:59 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
I dunno I thought it was pretty rude of you to continue insinuating him posting cosplay in a cosplay thread was wrong (???) to begin with.

i've never really gotten the point of that whole debate myself

though gbk's response was admittedly negative
ಠ_ಠ
#203  April 04, 2012, 01:05:10 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
As long as he isn't double, triple, quadra, penta, MONSTER posting, I don't see the problem with it. Which is what I'm getting at.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#204  April 04, 2012, 01:09:04 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
he had been warned before about it ( soft warned, not like, banned or anything) when people complained and at those times he stopped.

Now it was just a reminder for him to not start doing that thing again, his reaction is what netted his ban, had he just told me that he thought i was wrong, its not like i wouldve banned him.

Years ago teling a admin to go fuck himself would have them permabanned.I dont think giving him a time out over this is in anyway unjustified.
#205  April 04, 2012, 01:12:27 am
    • USA
30 days is still too much :P

hey Iced are you going to ban tempest for all the BS that happened at the screenshots thread as well?  :)

Or titiln for constantly insulting every single possible person around here?  :)

Or yourself for changing my profile???  >:(

Then stfu  >:( >:( >:(
#206  April 04, 2012, 01:13:01 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
yeah a lot of other people have told others to go fuck themselves and got off scot-free from what i remember so
#207  April 04, 2012, 01:13:20 am
point me to the posts in which i'm insulting people for no apparent reason and it's completely uncalled for

OZ

#208  April 04, 2012, 01:14:37 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
he was by far the main contributor to the thread (i don't really see this as a problem) and occasionally mocked other users' contributions but the whole argument always seemed awkward and contrived

it was never really a black/white issue
it was always kind of muddled/stupid

i can see how he would have been insulted
i can also see that telling an admin to FUCK OFF a couple dozen times is probably not the right course of action
ಠ_ಠ
#209  April 04, 2012, 01:19:49 am
    • Germany
point me to the posts in which i'm insulting people for no apparent reason and it's completely uncalled for

that's not a justification. not everyone can judge situations and people as well as you, and when people see it's apparently ok to insult when they feel like it (which is what you are converging to), they will do just that. called for or not, you are making it more socially acceptable to insult people bit by bit.

just tone it down a little.

OZ

#210  April 04, 2012, 01:27:21 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
this may be irrelevant, but i don't think titiln's behavior had to do with gbk's outburst

while i may see more users calling other users, 'idiot, moron, etc.', i would hardly blame titiln for it

of course 'staff should set an example' or what not, and i think everyone understands that

all i'm saying is that, at least in my mind, these two issues are completely unrelated
ಠ_ಠ
#211  April 04, 2012, 01:32:25 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Oz that's because they are not related.
You are doing that to often.
#212  April 04, 2012, 01:34:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I agree on Iced's decision of a slap on the wrist. Iced already made his point on why the banning (  ), I am one of the persons who complained about gbk's habit before because it really makes the topic worse. comparing his posting to girard's news is not apropiate, his ebhaviour is more like having a  "X fighting game" thread , someone posts news on the game, the gbk tells him to shut up and posts a video of his youtube match,  one day later someone posts trying to talk about the game's plot, then gbk call teh game's plto stupid and posts one of his friend's youtube matches... etc.. repeat at infinite until the topic is only about gbk posting youtube videos of his friends playing the game.

[EDIT]
He also started camping in the fanart topic doing the same thing and even complainign to people about fanart credits.

[EDIT]
I am ok with titiln.
#213  April 04, 2012, 01:39:29 am
    • USA

that's not what I said >:C

While it is indeed called for most of the times (Well, I wouldn't bet my soul on that honestly) you gotta admit that sometimes you go over the top or the post just doesn't deserve that much attention (Let alone insults and sarcasm).

It's kinda useless when instead of pointing out a flaw in the post all you do is use sarcasm and insult the guys, which depending of the person's experience he either fixes his behavior or just goes into a random flamewar. Heck many times is just you pissing off on other people's likings, we already know your humor sense is "superior japan", we don't need you to remind us about that every time somebody posts something.

And Val beat me to it. To be honest it's the vibe I'm getting from this place since a year or two. I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of this as well (Well, don't remember but I'm sure I get mad a time or two a month? Or just behave like an ass like one of the times where the forum became Da_Maverik vs the world briefly).

And hate wagons don't help the forum's experience. It came to a point where I can totally predict who's going to post after X user bashes somebody else. Makes you "rolleyes" IRL every time that happens.

but whatever, who the hell am I after all? The site wouldn't be that known if it was about all roses and flowers would be?

OZ

#214  April 04, 2012, 01:42:00 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
people complained that titiln was acting too nice about a month or two ago

true story
ಠ_ಠ
#215  April 04, 2012, 01:42:40 am
i hate that nobody's even trying to bring up any examples. the only recent instances i see are me calling sky a fucking idiot because he was evidently trying to start shit (like he usually does), navana because he was disregarding what several staff members said to him and was being an attention whore in general. i also made fun of alexlexus and his videos because he's been repeatedly told to not post them and his threads end up deleted. told darkflare to stop being a shithead and to shut the fuck up because he was being pedantic about other people's feedback. i'm sorry but i think you're being ridiculous. set up a wordfilter against bad words if it bothers you that much.
#216  April 04, 2012, 01:44:52 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
And those are people who the userbase already has a pretty solidified opinion of. No one but themselves are going to make people change their mind's about them.

\\ damn it stop posting so fast I can't get my posts in! >:(

Now that you like ponies, posts are about the only thing you're gonna get in. :3
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:48:18 am by TempesT
#217  April 04, 2012, 01:46:34 am
    • Germany
all i'm saying is that, at least in my mind, these two issues are completely unrelated

They are.

I had wanted to bring this up for a while. I'm not blaming titiln for anything, sorry if it came out that way. He's doing a great job, I don't think I have disagreed with any of his decisions since my absence.

I just wish he'd be more polite about it sometimes, and i don't want to call him out in one of these situations (which only distracts from the problematic person he's probably insulting at that point) so I'm doing it here.

\\ damn it stop posting so fast I can't get my posts in! >:(

OZ

#218  April 04, 2012, 01:52:40 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
titiln, I'm a bit annoyed by your constant insulting of people. It makes bans like this which feel justified otherwise weird

ಠ_ಠ

all i'm saying is that titiln's sailor talk doesn't really make gbk's outburst any more justified in my mind
ಠ_ಠ
#219  April 04, 2012, 01:54:26 am
:|
#220  April 04, 2012, 01:55:46 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
titiln, I'm a bit annoyed by your constant insulting of people. It makes bans like this which feel justified otherwise weird

ಠ_ಠ

all i'm saying is that titiln's sailor talk doesn't really make gbk's outburst any more justified in my mind

yeah that makes sense i suppose. then again all i got is 'wow that was kind of silly' about the gbk situation so