YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 867664 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#881  January 23, 2013, 10:25:03 pm
    • Thailand
Make a thread for people to post them and put in Mugen Discussion for merging whenever it happens.

Continue to delete them like we've already been doing.
#882  January 24, 2013, 01:04:58 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
As i see it with compilations. When one comes up, if you're the first person on the scene, notify the user, impartially that what they're doing is a compilation and anyone could have done this. Ask them to remove the topic. If it's not removed after 24 hours, do it yourself.

If there are users exercising the idiocy of "must bash cos dumb" trash their posts.

I would accept anyone who was speaking in a level manner about why a compilation has no purpose to it. Just not "OMG this is a compilation, compilations suck, make better your gay"

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#883  January 24, 2013, 01:06:03 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I kinda like rajaa idea of a single thread of "share your compilation here!" with an explanation that if you are editing stuff together or doing anything deeper it should be a normal release.
#884  January 24, 2013, 01:08:53 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
People won't bother, we'll have to merge them ourselves anyway. I prefer the delete method. You can properly educate that way too rather than what will be a rather pointless topic (or possibly one filled with shittalking)

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#885  January 24, 2013, 01:10:21 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I think raja's method is the best method, I remembered that when users ignore a compilation, thentypical compilation creator is the knid of guy who bumps and would start complaining in other topics about how his compilation is not getting attention.
#886  January 24, 2013, 12:22:47 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
So if I understand we're discussing two methods, right?

- Keep the compilations in a single thread. Merge any compilation posted outside of it inside that thread.
- Report/Delete any compilation thread, making sure to properly tell the creator as to why it's not a good idea.

IMO both seem okay. It just goes as to which method is less bothersome to deal with for admin/gmods/mods. I mean, for normal users, it's not a problem at all. We can either ignore it or not. Experienced users know it's not a good idea to make your MUGEN using a compilation, and those that aren't really experienced or doesn't care may want those compilations.
#887  January 24, 2013, 02:48:47 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Single thread idea seems the less messy of the bunch.  But is MUGEN discussion the right place for it?  What about in the edits and addons section?  either way, that seems to be the best way to deal with them presented so far.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#888  January 24, 2013, 04:13:35 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Since anyone can do them, they're a waste of space even when isolated to their own thread.
#889  January 24, 2013, 04:21:03 pm
    • Thailand
It kinda turns people away when they spend 5 days uploading 5 gigs to a free uploading service, only to have them get the boot when trying to share. Instead of deleting and completely making the person feel assaulted, we can move their thread to something that isn't the recycle bin and explain to them why the topic can't be its own topic and why compilations aren't exactly necessary.

Or we could just delete the topics and forget about people's feelings.
#890  January 24, 2013, 04:24:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If the thread is stickied you dont even have to see it being bumped up and down. With a proper first post explaining that most people can do that and the forum is more geared towards creation, you can probably have them feel like they did something small and perhaps later on trying out more stuff.
#891  January 24, 2013, 04:41:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I like the thread idea as well. But not in MUGEN Discussion. There are too many stickies there already.

It should be in the found releases board. Um, the 1.0 one or the Old Mugen one? There shouldn't be 2 stickies for this.
Also wasn't the 1.0 board supposed to be moved above the old mugen board?
#892  January 24, 2013, 04:44:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I like the thread idea as well. But not in MUGEN Discussion. There are too many stickies there already.
It should be in the found releases board. Um, the 1.0 one or the Old Mugen one? There shouldn't be 2 stickies for this.
idea engineering?
Also wasn't the 1.0 board supposed to be moved above the old mugen board?

I dunno what you are talking about.
#893  January 24, 2013, 04:53:50 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#894  January 24, 2013, 04:56:53 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I'd say just put a sticky in both release threads with whatever you decide on for compilations.  Title it "About compilations and collections" or something.  Would catch most peoples' attention.
#895  January 24, 2013, 04:58:21 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#896  January 24, 2013, 05:04:30 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I agree on the single topic idea, but gonna have to agree with JNP that Mugen Discussion isn't the proper place for it.

I was thinking more along the lines of edits & addons, to be honest, just going by the definition of "edit" I think a compilation falls under that description. Besides, compilations are going to be either winmugen or 1.0 so I think it's only fair to have them relegated to the proper section instead of bunching Win and 1.0 together in Idea Engineering.
Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:08:17 pm by RicePidove
#897  January 24, 2013, 05:36:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#898  January 24, 2013, 05:46:39 pm
    • Thailand
Abusing power to make people look delirious.

Demod.

So, um, yeah, where to put the thread? Both release sections? Sounds a bit much, but I guess it doesn't matter. Idea Engineering is not the best place for it, either. Hm.
#899  January 24, 2013, 05:55:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
both release sections, I guess the winmugen one will be the most used one.
#900  January 24, 2013, 05:57:27 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
My vote's for Edits and Add-ons in the individual release sections.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.