YesNoOk

Trigger Movecontact on the first tick (Read 4608 times)

Started by Sanaefroggy, April 09, 2016, 12:08:28 pm
Share this topic:
Trigger Movecontact on the first tick
#1  April 09, 2016, 12:08:28 pm
  • The Mexican Sanae
    • Mexico
    • sanae_kochiya@hotmail.com
    • Skype - sanae.kochiya
    • sanaefroggy.tumblr.com
I want this to be triggered at the first 6 ticks of movecontact.

Code:
trigger1 = movecontact = [1,6]

The problem is that movecontact = 1 automatically means it will work for the entirety of movecontact but i don't want that.
What's the workaround for this?
Re: Trigger Movecontact on the first tick
#2  April 09, 2016, 06:13:19 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
movecontact = 1 does not mean that and has not meant that for years.
#3  April 10, 2016, 10:15:34 pm
    • Peru
Movecontact is a boolean, meaning it's either 0 (false) or 1 (true). It either happens or it doesn't.

What you wanna do is this:

Code:
trigger1 = movecontact && time = [x,y]
where x and y are the start and end of your active frames in your animation.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:07:04 am by ESFAndy011
#4  April 11, 2016, 02:03:19 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Movecontact is a boolean, meaning it's either 0 (false) or 1 (true). It either happens or it doesn't.
That's not true. MoveContact measures time since a move has made contact. 0 = move hasn't made contact, 1 = move has made contact and attacker is in hitpause, 2 = move has made contact and attacker is in first frame after hitpause, 3 = move has made contact and attacker is in second frame after hitpause, etc. I think the real issue here is whether Sanaefroggy wants something to happen during hitpause or not. If they want something to happen in the first 6 frames after hitpause has ended, then "MoveContact = [2, 7]" should suffice. If they want something during the 6 first frames of the hitpause, then they'll have to do something else.
#5  April 11, 2016, 06:59:27 am
    • Peru
Damn... I was sure I had it figured out.

I seriously apologize for the misinformation, it wasn't my intention.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#6  April 11, 2016, 09:01:53 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
That's not true. MoveContact measures time since a move has made contact. 0 = move hasn't made contact, 1 = move has made contact and attacker is in hitpause, 2 = move has made contact and attacker is in first frame after hitpause, 3 = move has made contact and attacker is in second frame after hitpause, etc. I think the real issue here is whether Sanaefroggy wants something to happen during hitpause or not. If they want something to happen in the first 6 frames after hitpause has ended, then "MoveContact = [2, 7]" should suffice. If they want something during the 6 first frames of the hitpause, then they'll have to do something else.

Seeing as this post makes the OP's intentions more clear, the best bet for the latter case would be the use a helper to detect when hitpause begins, and have it begin a counter that increments during the hitpause, and use that as the trigger (using redirection)
#7  April 11, 2016, 09:07:26 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Forget the helper. use a hitspark that's 6tics long. if it exists do what ever, if it doesn't then you know. The helper would probably be 1 tic behind anyways.
But MoveContact should work just fine, as long as P1 isnt paused.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv