YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830400 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#1601  July 05, 2017, 06:20:22 pm
    • Brazil
ShinZankuro actually brought something I didn't think about before: half of Jedah's moveset is gonna be cut off (no pun intended). Wouldn't it be easier if they just added Demitri and made Midnight Bliss not turn people into girls if that was such an issue? At least they would censor just one move.
#1602  July 05, 2017, 06:40:30 pm
Show me evidence of all this censorship you're talking about for Jedah.
And when you have that, show me evidence of who it comes from.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1603  July 05, 2017, 06:41:55 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I gotta agree, if they add Jedah yet they don't want the game to be rated M, he's gonna get mutilated in terms of how his moves come across and miss the point of his fighting style completely.

I gotta agree with Zankuro that adding Jedah while under this limitation would actually further piss fans off than make them happy since they will have to censor the hell out of most of his moves.

This game already has enough problems as it is...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1604  July 05, 2017, 06:46:41 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Stop complaining about Jedah until we actually see him in action. Jesus Christ.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#1605  July 05, 2017, 06:53:14 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Stop whining about censorship that hasn't actually happened yet.  Fucking hell.
#1606  July 05, 2017, 07:06:15 pm
    • Brazil

Oh, do you actually think that Jedah will come to the game ripping off his head, throwing blood around and exploding people's body parts? Please, we don't need to wait for the obvious.
#1607  July 05, 2017, 07:09:35 pm
sangue passare (blood inflation) and spreggio (headlosing counter) would have to be changed the most. the other blood moves could just be replaced by black energy or some shit and look identical otherwise

also replacing jedah with demitri except without midnight bliss (one of demitris most defining moves) is fucking stupid and defeats the purpose
#1608  July 05, 2017, 07:12:25 pm
    • Brazil
Nobody suggested removing Midnight Bliss.
#1609  July 05, 2017, 07:13:35 pm
you did

a midnight bliss that doesnt turn people into girls is absolutely nothing like midnight bliss
#1610  July 05, 2017, 07:16:08 pm
    • Brazil
I suggested the removal of what makes it... I don't know, controversial? Whatever it is that keeps the move from being added. Besides, no, they can make Midnight Bliss without making the girls thingy, wouldn't be the same thing, but it would still work, specially because of the brutal bites after.
#1611  July 05, 2017, 07:22:30 pm
"they can make the move work, it'd just look very different" is the same issue jedah has

demitri is a terrible replacement idea
#1612  July 05, 2017, 07:30:23 pm
    • Brazil
Its not even close to Jedah's issue. Demitri has one move that can still work in the exact same way with only a visual change, while Jedah has multiple moves that will likely be completely removed or work in different ways.
#1613  July 05, 2017, 08:08:20 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
I suggested the removal of what makes it... I don't know, controversial? Whatever it is that keeps the move from being added. Besides, no, they can make Midnight Bliss without making the girls thingy, wouldn't be the same thing, but it would still work, specially because of the brutal bites after.

I actually think Midnight Bliss could still work.

Let's take for example Thor. There exists a female version of Thor (Dr. Jane Foster), as seen below...

Then you have Spider Man and Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen, Iron Man and Ironheart, Captain America (Steve Rogers) and American Dream (Shannon Carter). Marvel has had female variants of super heroes for quite some time, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Midnight Bliss to be allowed if Demitri were accepted in a Marvel vs. Capcom appearance.
#1614  July 05, 2017, 08:10:20 pm
Someone remind me where we heard that Demitri's MB was censorship fodder for the "turning into girls" part
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1615  July 05, 2017, 08:13:56 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I can't think of a reason why it would need to censored, especially if you do the SVC version with the cape
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1616  July 05, 2017, 08:17:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Theres nemesis and zombies around, corpses that ooze blood.
The only thing jedah would have removed is the same thing that every darkstalkers character get removed when they get ported over, specific animations.

Just like mvc2 anakaris lost the specific curses. It wasnt because it got censored. Its just too much work. Sometimes its not worth an extra model per character just to make a move for a single character.
#1617  July 05, 2017, 08:24:22 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Turn the blood in Jedah's move to black it'd work just as well. If we think he'd be an issue. I don't see why it would be though.
#1618  July 05, 2017, 08:51:22 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Oh, do you actually think that Jedah will come to the game ripping off his head, throwing blood around and exploding people's body parts? Please, we don't need to wait for the obvious.

You're right, Chicken Little.  The sky probably is falling.  Thanks for the warning.
#1619  July 05, 2017, 09:56:12 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

LMAO
#1620  July 05, 2017, 10:08:56 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
If only there was a good example of how Jedah's blood attacks were modified to remove/play down all the gory implications. Like maybe in a localized version of a Darkstalkers game, where all the (red) blood effects were recolored white, to avoid a mature rating?

oh right that already happened and they made his blood glow purple and red.

I will note that this was before he got that attack where he cuts his head off and blood spurts out, and his blood inflation move (both were introduced in the Japan-only Vampire Savior sequels). But they'd never put the latter move in a 3D game like this anyway cuz of how hard it'd be to get working, and how much time would need to be devoted to making inflated models for every character. And I dunno if his decapitation attack would necessarily get ruled out if they were going for weird, neon red/purple blood, but it's not exactly a dealbreaker if it's not included.

All this panicking over the terrible censorship of Jedah is really silly and premature.