YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 653347 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Trump vs CNN live on SmackDown
#201  July 06, 2017, 05:24:44 pm
Weirding me out the most are the people going : "who here never wrote at length about how they want jews and blacks dead while they thought they were anonymous throw the first stone"
for the sake of the argument just replace making very racist posts with a wide array of things that could be considered bad or embarrassing

ken bone got shit for saying he saw jennifer lawrence's asshole and liked it
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: Trump vs CNN live on SmackDown
#202  July 06, 2017, 05:58:18 pm
Why were they looking for the guy to begin with? It was another chance to make the president and his supporters look bad. Oddly, it would've worked just fine had they not decided it was worth looking for the identity of a racist shitposter. They should've left it at ripping Trump for reposting that. It's Kotaku-level journalism, and puts in perspective to that O'Keefe video about "business before ethics."

I have no sympathy for anything being taken out of context in respect to CNN, or the massive ridicule they're now facing, because they could've avoided the whole thing in the first place. No amount of logistical fact-checking changes this horrid lapse in judgement.
#203  July 06, 2017, 06:24:37 pm
They're holding another persons private informations hostage and are threatening to fuck up his life cause he made a meme
You seem to be missing the part where he made videos about wanting to shoot people for their color or religion or whatever and he deleted that when he freaked out and said he wouldn't do it again, and they basically said they'd check if he started doing those things again
Because, you know, those things he was doing
It's illegal
They could've immediately released his name to the police. They explained exactly why they didn't do that. And then they added that they would still do it if he started doing all this again.

Why were they looking for the guy to begin with?
Because they all do that for everyone. This should be obvious, why are you having such a hard time getting that. Why are you being paranoid over this, why are you drawing such weird conclusions like that
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:28:46 pm by Byakko
#204  July 06, 2017, 06:44:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Why were they looking for the guy to begin with? It was another chance to make the president and his supporters look bad. Oddly, it would've worked just fine had they not decided it was worth looking for the identity of a racist shitposter. They should've left it at ripping Trump for reposting that. It's Kotaku-level journalism, and puts in perspective to that O'Keefe video about "business before ethics."

I have no sympathy for anything being taken out of context in respect to CNN, or the massive ridicule they're now facing, because they could've avoided the whole thing in the first place. No amount of logistical fact-checking changes this horrid lapse in judgement.

We literally discussed this on the discord chat yesterday and you were explained that journalists look up all identified parts in a story.
Dude claimed to be the creator, they contacted him to verify it.
At that point he realized that all his post history of wanting to kill jews and black people was linked to his real life identity and started playing prevention.

This isnt a big riddle to think over, its as straight up as it gets.
#205  July 06, 2017, 07:06:17 pm
Most people didn't care about who the gif creator was. Even with him saying "yeah I did it," it wasn't anything worth exploring to the level they did.

It's hardly paranoia. More perplexed at how someone from an international news firm thought it'd be good for the company image, to look for the guy who created the gif. And proceed to say what amounts to "don't do it again or else."
#206  July 06, 2017, 07:25:37 pm
Most people didn't care about who the gif creator was.
Okay so you just don't know how media works. You could have just said so from the start.
And proceed to say what amounts to "don't do it again or else."
You mean "don't do those racist, antisemitic calls for mass murder / apology or else" ? Again, they could have taken that info and gone straight to the police with it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#207  July 06, 2017, 07:52:19 pm
the story of who made the shitty gif is overshadowed 200x by the fact that the president of the united states of america posted an animation of himself beating up cnn
#208  July 06, 2017, 07:56:47 pm
CNN should of left it at ripping Trump for reposting it, not like most people weren't criticizing him for it. Going after a redditor for saying "I made it" wasn't a good idea but the outcome kinda speaks for itself there. :P

SNT

#209  July 07, 2017, 11:33:35 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#210  July 07, 2017, 08:44:25 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#211  July 07, 2017, 08:50:24 pm
#212  July 07, 2017, 09:04:59 pm
I am absolutely gobsmacked that even Byakko is defending CNN.

Holy shit, humanity. Stop it.
#213  July 08, 2017, 12:29:59 am
  • SNK is life
Wow, there really is no middle ground. You either want Trump dead, or you're riding dat deek 24/7
#214  July 08, 2017, 02:28:21 am
Blocking the merger is completely in line if it's deemed as anti-competition. Trump is playing hardball in an immature manner (shocking), but not extortion.

The problem is some people who "want him dead" try to find any little thing to validify their comfirmation bias. Anyone who shows neutrality or mild support is put on the same level as mindless drones.

With the many people who disapprove of him, there's bound to be people seeking chances to rip him or his supporters for any misstep. Including inside our media outlets. And it becomes a real problem when it begins to effect the quality of journalism.

Even if what the CNN writer did was completely legal, a conglomerate rep obtaining a redditor's identity is pretty damn Orwellian. Regardless if his info was kept private or not. That's part of the reason why people were criticizing them, there's really not much that can be defended here. Unless you think it's okay for police to get invovled because someone said mean things on the internet. edit: looking into legitimate threats and coertion is fine, but what classifies as hate speech has the potential to be misused or done incorrectly.
Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:42:59 am by Niitris
#215  July 08, 2017, 08:59:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
  it becomes a real problem when it begins to effect the quality of journalism.

Unless you think it's okay for police to get invovled because someone said mean things on the internet. edit: looking into legitimate threats and coertion is fine, but what classifies as hate speech has the potential to be misused or done incorrectly.

Sending out threats and talking about wanting to kill people are not "MEAN posts" and yeah police gets involved over far less

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-threatened-shoot-exchange-100-retweets-cops-article-1.1721754
https://www.dailydot.com/news/queen-demetriax-american-airlines-twitter/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baby-with-bong-picture-sparks-outrage-mother-investigated-say-reports/

People have been arrested over stuff like this and so would you be if you were caught doing stuff like that.

And guess what. The guy that was doing it KNEW he was  likely to get fucked up over his threats and thats precisely why he imediately started trying to make up for it. It boggles the mind how you cant understand it.
You gone from "they were Offended with his meme" to " they had no reason to contact him" to "he dindu nothing" to "mean things on the net shouldnt involve the police"

---

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world-0/us-politics/trump-putin-press-journalists-meeting-russia-president-points-which-ones-insulting-you-a7830046.html

Awww they are bonding over wanting journalists dead
#216  July 08, 2017, 09:41:20 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world-0/us-politics/trump-putin-press-journalists-meeting-russia-president-points-which-ones-insulting-you-a7830046.html
Awww they are bonding over wanting journalists dead
What?

it becomes a real problem when it begins to effect the quality of journalism.

Unless you think it's okay for police to get invovled because someone said mean things on the internet. edit: looking into legitimate threats and coertion is fine, but what classifies as hate speech has the potential to be misused or done incorrectly.
Sending out threats and talking about wanting to kill people are not "MEAN posts" and yeah police gets involved over far less
They aren't as bad as you are implying here and those links you posted are a pretty big extreme bomb theating a corporate airline or posting pictures of a rifle out your window and tweeting "I'll shoot a cop for retweets" whether a joke or not carry real weight to them, both imply a direct and serious threat.
I know in some parts of the UK calling a woman a cunt on Twitter is enough grounds to be investigated by the cyberreal police. In the US the police/FBI/etc will generally only get seriously involved if their is provable intent behind the "death threats", can't speak for what the autismal redditor said himself. That's why the old GamerGate death threats back in 2014 went nowhere. Not saying either this or they were "okay" in doing it, not is Niitris. Theres a reason why 10s of thousands of people haven't been arrested, investigated, or even contacted by the secret service for threatening to assassinate/kill Trump, or the many more tens of thousands who just which death upon him. Many of these tards not even hiding behind anonymity. This all despite Trump being a fascist Hitler clone who silences dissent according to some retards.

You're both arguing different points anyway here, he's talking about out of control seemingly Orwellian media which is disconcerting because CNN has implied blackmailing the guy out of their own kindness, and in their coverage of all things Trump and politics is demonstrably full of shit. Trump isn't necessarily in the wrong when he calls CNN specifically fake, outside of the fact it's not something a President should be whinging about on Twitter.
On the other hand your talking about the line crossed when it should be normal for police to get involved for bad tweets/posts/comments on social media.

Not saying Reddit guy is in the right, nor have I seen how bad his death threat(s) were, but it sounds like two different levels if shit to the point that "and yeah police gets involved over far less" sounds like you don't understand the severity of those threats or implications of the pictures in the photos, or what to expect when you threaten an airline in post-9/11 USA. Obvious joke or not, you can not threaten an airline anymore like you can the President, and expect to walk away with out some shit coming at you.
#217  July 08, 2017, 10:04:54 pm
#218  July 08, 2017, 10:17:03 pm
The guy that was doing it KNEW he was  likely to get fucked up over his threats and thats precisely why he imediately started trying to make up for it.

Except he wasn't threatening anyone. Making gross troll posts =/= threatening or harassment. He was afraid of being embarassed. CNN would look even worse if they learned of someone openly intimidating others and didn't reveal who he was.
#219  July 11, 2017, 09:07:00 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
#220  July 11, 2017, 10:01:48 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

We are living in the dumbest possible universe.