YesNoOk

Pupa by Jango Released! (Read 88279 times)

Started by Jango, February 15, 2015, 09:23:27 am
Share this topic:
Pupa by Jango Released!
#1  February 15, 2015, 09:23:27 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA

For those of you who were single this year, now you can take a cute Brazillian girl home with you tonight. Hey, I still have 1 1/2 hours left before Valentine's Day is over here. That counts for something, right? RIGHT??? Alright, enough jokes, here's what you came for.

Pupa is finally done. Well, actually she was pretty much done for a long time now, but I just kept putting off uploading it. UNTIL TODAY. She pretty much has everything that was in ROTD with some balance tweaks (why should a move that denies you of your heavy kick for 30 seconds cost two stocks to use?!), some optional custom damage scaling options, and at least one easter egg! Hooray!

As a sidenote, this character has Messatsu's Character Trait Identifiers, and I did as many of them as I could. Additionally, some of Pupa's winquotes will trigger based on these traits, so if, say, your character is a cute/sexy male and has those traits plugged in, she'll do her infamous "Ups!" winquote. Anyway, nothing huge, just hoping to revive more interest in an optional standard that is really fucking easy to code.

DOWNLOAD
Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:45:01 am by Hoshi
Re: Pupa by Jango Released!
#2  February 15, 2015, 09:30:41 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Link is 404 Not Found
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3  February 15, 2015, 09:32:50 am
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
April Fool's isn't until at least 2 months.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#4  February 15, 2015, 09:36:33 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Loving the banner because I love that artist.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#5  February 15, 2015, 09:41:42 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
404. Link ded. Fix
#6  February 15, 2015, 09:44:07 am
#7  February 15, 2015, 10:09:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Hah, whoops, sorry about that.
#8  February 15, 2015, 10:16:12 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Already fixed it for you.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#9  February 15, 2015, 04:07:16 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
awesome was actually checking your wip thread yesterday really liked the beta so im definitly going to check this
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#10  February 15, 2015, 04:10:26 pm
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Awesome, very excited to try this out~
#11  February 15, 2015, 04:18:23 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Congrats on your release!

As a sidenote, this character has Messatsu's Character Trait Identifiers, and I did as many of them as I could. Additionally, some of Pupa's winquotes will trigger based on these traits, so if, say, your character is a cute/sexy male and has those traits plugged in, she'll do her infamous "Ups!" winquote. Anyway, nothing huge, just hoping to revive more interest in an optional standard that is really fucking easy to code.

I just heard of these myself about 2 weeks ago and think it's a great concept more people should be working into their characters.  In my WIP I am now detecting blood color traits, to trigger a different color anim if necessary

#12  February 15, 2015, 07:38:25 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Never Played Rotd before but I think i would probably main her she is really fun to play and she have some pretty cool combo

Also about mario any chance to get a pallete template?
#13  February 15, 2015, 08:49:40 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Never Played Rotd before but I think i would probably main her she is really fun to play and she have some pretty cool combo
From what I remember, she's one of the best characters in the game that is tournament legal (IIRC Kang and Alice are on the banlist. I forget Kang's reason, but Alice has an infinite), probably because she has so many options.

Also about mario any chance to get a pallete template?
I wanna get more work done on Mario before I post it. Also I want to fix up a few things in the palette regarding color separation (ie: his shoes). But yeah, I'll eventually get one up.
#14  February 16, 2015, 12:41:55 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Very nice. Really enjoy Pupa!  :)

Some suggestions...

- Swift Escape/Back & Forward Roll needs some sound effect & maybe even a voice from Pupa
 - all wrench attacks could benefit from some metall hit sound to give it more impact
#15  February 16, 2015, 12:51:58 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I can't believe I actually recognize where that banner pic is fom.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#16  February 16, 2015, 12:57:45 am
  • Furry Fighting Game Trash
    • Canada
#17  February 16, 2015, 02:01:36 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Very nice. Really enjoy Pupa!  :)

Some suggestions...

- Swift Escape/Back & Forward Roll needs some sound effect & maybe even a voice from Pupa
 - all wrench attacks could benefit from some metall hit sound to give it more impact
- Rolls are totally silent in ROTD, but I guess I could put something in there (like maybe the "HUH" sound she makes in the crouching forward light-kick move), since I've been super inaccurate with SFX so far.
- The only thing I think might be problematic with that is that the average character she fights against will be human, and a metal object hitting skin sounds like... well, something hitting skin. Of course I could always add an alt sound that plays if the opponent has identifiers 8055021 (is a robot), 8055025 (is a mech), or 8055041 (body/armor is made of metal). God I hope more people start using these.

#18  February 16, 2015, 02:14:27 am
    • Germany
- Rolls are totally silent in ROTD, but I guess I could put something in there (like maybe the "HUH" sound she makes in the crouching forward light-kick move), since I've been super inaccurate with SFX so far.

Yeah, that would be nice

- The only thing I think might be problematic with that is that the average character she fights against will be human, and a metal object hitting skin sounds like... well, something hitting skin. Of course I could always add an alt sound that plays if the opponent has identifiers 8055021 (is a robot), 8055025 (is a mech), or 8055041 (body/armor is made of metal). God I hope more people start using these.

I was thinking something like p.e. Haggars pipe attack hit sound...

BTW... What happend to Mr. Jones? Will we see a update?
#19  February 16, 2015, 02:23:33 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009

I don't, but now I'm curious.

Anyway, having fun with Pupa for now. Mainly due to the fact that her juggle combo (mainly using her supers as a juggle tool) is pretty cool to do. I'm still finding a way to combo to her multi-kick special (forgot the name).
#20  February 16, 2015, 02:48:58 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#21  February 16, 2015, 03:10:06 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Such a great release Jango i'm enjoying her a lot.
I've notice a lot of her moves are limited in combos but i found a 50% corner combo with her
#22  February 16, 2015, 06:19:18 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I was thinking something like p.e. Haggars pipe attack hit sound...
Okay, so you mean more like the sound of it swinging before it hits. I could probably try it out (read: dig through TF2's sounds and add in the wrench swinging sound from the Engineer) (I don't know if I'm really going to use that effect, I'll have a look around)

BTW... What happend to Mr. Jones? Will we see a update?
Ah yes. I'm currently updating Mr. Jones around to make him more in-line with Pupa (ie: aesthetics, sounds, etc). The coding part is easy, but I'm considering remaking the SFF because it's currently a fucking mess right now.

I've notice a lot of her moves are limited in combos but i found a 50% corner combo with her
Okay, million dollar question: What damage dampener are you using?

By default, I have her set to use ROTD's system, which behaves a bit differently than most fighting games' damage dampeners. Basically the way that it works is that once you get an opponent down to half of their health, all of Pupa's attacks only do 80% damage. When the opponent is down to a quarter of his health left, Pupa only does 62.5% of her normal damage. So basically if you attempted that combo while the opponent had less than half of his health, it would do significantly less damage. It's a really weird system, I know, but it works in the context of ROTD.

If you want something more conventional, I actually stole PotS' damage dampener for his KOF chars as an alternative that you can configure.
EDIT: Whoops not Vans, it was PotS. I was using Vans' earlier but I forgot that I switched over.
Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:02:12 am by Jango Hakamichi
#23  February 16, 2015, 10:58:03 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Okay, million dollar question: What damage dampener are you using?

By default, I have her set to use ROTD's system, which behaves a bit differently than most fighting games' damage dampeners. Basically the way that it works is that once you get an opponent down to half of their health, all of Pupa's attacks only do 80% damage. When the opponent is down to a quarter of his health left, Pupa only does 62.5% of her normal damage. So basically if you attempted that combo while the opponent had less than half of his health, it would do significantly less damage. It's a really weird system, I know, but it works in the context of ROTD.

If you want something more conventional, I actually stole PotS' damage dampener for his KOF chars as an alternative that you can configure.
EDIT: Whoops not Vans, it was PotS. I was using Vans' earlier but I forgot that I switched over.

I'm using her default ROTD system. Also i just checked how much damage she does when opponent only has half their life which is like 35% and She does 50% when opponent health is full.
When using Pots dampener she does 35% damage when opponent health is full or at 50%.
When using no dampener she does 50% when opponent health is full or at 50%.
Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:08:25 am by Insigniawarfare
#24  February 16, 2015, 01:09:51 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I didn't really think anyone would turn the dampener off entirely! I guess I'll have to change some variables around to make sure it doesn't get disabled. ALTHOUGH your combo did make me realize that I accidentally screwed up the chaining for aerial moves (she's not supposed to be able to cancel moves in mid-air), so I'll fix that tomorrow.
Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:14:25 pm by Jango Hakamichi
#25  February 16, 2015, 01:13:40 pm
#26  February 16, 2015, 01:23:09 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Okay, caught that one as well. I'll post here again when I upload the fixes.
#27  February 17, 2015, 09:31:25 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Pupa's been updated. Link is the same as on the first page, or you can download this nifty little patch file: Download

• Chaining between basics in mid-air has been removed. Ups!
  • Did a quickie fix to make sure Pupa stays above ground when she does a recovery roll. Hopefully it doesn't break anything, but I don't think it will.
  • Fixed some of the winquote compatibility coding
  • Added some more trait identifier compatibility for winquotes:
    • Winquote against Cassandra will be triggered if the opponent has anims 8055002 (female) and either 8055110 (ghastly thin) or 8055111 (slender)
    • Winquote against Lynn will be triggered if the opponent has anim 8055169 (unknown fighting style)
    • Winquote against Mr. Jones will be triggered if the opponent has anim 8055122 (Capoeira) or 8055155 (Tai Chi Chuan)
    • Winquote against Alice will be triggered if the opponent has anims 8055002 (female) AND 8055024 (is a ghost)
  • Added a list of intended references for each palette because why not?
#28  February 17, 2015, 06:24:19 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice, I actually add some idea for mr.jones like a nunjaku win pose similar to fei-long win pose from sf2 and maybe an intro against fei-long similar to bruce lee fight against kareem abdul jabbar also dunno if you can use it like that but i tried to make a new default palletes fro jones since i did not really like the current one
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:26:20 am by City_Hunter
Pupa by Jango Released! SFF Updated!
#29  February 18, 2015, 10:21:51 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I wanted to avoid doing daily updates, especially ones where a small patch can't be applied, but earlier this morning, an enigmatic Guild user named jt sent me an updated SFF where he color-separated the wrench on all of Pupa's sprites.

I updated all of the palettes to correspond to this, so all of the ones with funky shirt-colored wrenches now have more normal colors (or golden colors for the Famicom, Shiny, and Dillon palettes, or light purple for the Sam palette). So if you're a budding palette maker that was being held back by the shitty wrench/shirt sharing, your options have now greatly expanded!

@jt: thanks man

nice, I actually add some idea for mr.jones like a nunjaku win pose similar to fei-long win pose from sf2 and maybe an intro against fei-long similar to bruce lee fight against kareem abdul jabbar also dunno if you can use it like that but i tried to make a new default palletes fro jones since i did not really like the current one

The palette looks alright, but I'm going to need more time on that one. I think it needs a little more contrast

As far as the intros/winposes, that'd sound pretty cool although I'd probably have to commission someone to sprite those since I suck at doing that myself lol
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:28:01 am by Jango Hakamichi
#30  February 18, 2015, 01:05:49 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Sweet update Jango! Thanks so much! >D
#31  February 18, 2015, 06:48:44 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
definitly grabing the update and hope you find someone to help you with jones dunno hwo much it would cost but i think sean altly would be a pretty good choice since he did make some custom sprite for lynn Baker you might also want to check boggy from kaiser knuckle he might give you some idea
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:17:05 pm by City_Hunter
#32  February 27, 2015, 12:00:46 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Very nice:

Kickback Feedback:

-There is delay before you can input a "counter hit" (guard cancel attack). Makes it difficult to stop multi hit attacks since she can only retaliate after the last hit in most cases
-Crush attack can only be done in close proximity of the opponent? Also could you make it more useful to make up for no First Impact please. :P
-Real Beat can't be cancelled into
-While the wrench can be negated, it cannot negate projectiles. If two Pupas throw their wrenches at each other, they just pass through.

That's all I could find. She's really
#33  March 06, 2015, 06:15:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Woah how did I miss this?! Pupa and her patch file have both been updated:

- Bencao's wrenches can now cancel out enemy projectiles and themselves when they hit. Whoops.
- Crush Attack has a few more invincibility frames at startup.
- Fixed a bug where you could only do Crush Attack next to an opponent. That's what I get for copy-pasting the coding for the Guard Cancelling. :P
- Speaking of Guard Cancelling, added a slight pause for the opponent that lasts until the kick hits the opponent, so that Pupa will be able to hit the opponent 99.99999% of the time (I'm not saying 100% just because there may be oddities like the opponent having a ridiculous amount of red clsn and hitting from a distance where Pupa cannot reach)
- Real Beat can now be cancelled into.
- Not really a bug, but I accidentally listed Kong twice in my credits so I fixed that and added Koopakoot to the Bug Hunters list.

I have some other stuff ready (read: custom animations for some characters' special moves), but I'm going to wait until after February's Character of the Month is over, because I imagine that people that looked over Pupa initially will be downloading her now, so I don't want to put anything major in her that wasn't there prior to March. Just bugfixes for now.
Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:19:56 am by Jango Hakamichi
#34  March 06, 2015, 08:23:46 am
Nice Pupa :thumbsup:
I like ROTD.Thanks for sharing!!
Pupa Updated!
#35  April 02, 2015, 11:43:10 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
As promised, here's an update! The patchfile isn't updated, but the main download on the first page is.

Nothing really in the way of gameplay tweaks, but I do have a bunch of new things!

First the not-so important. I made a few optional alt palettes based on video game consoles, following in the footsteps of Pupacom.

(Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Super NES, and XBOX 360)

DOWNLOAD CONSOLE PALETTE PACK

A step up from that, I added a shitload of compatibility to optional animation standards.

Spoiler: the optional anims (click to see content)

Last but not least, since Pupa won COTM 2015, I decided to offer my own way of recognizing the other nominees.

Every character that made it to the voting round will have a little heart explod displayed during Pupa's intro. In addition to that, they all get unique winquotes as well:

(vs Morrigan, obviously)

So that takes care of that, I hope you like this little something I whipped up, and as usual, if you find anything, let me know.

Cheers!
#36  April 02, 2015, 12:52:55 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Oh my god, I didn't even know some of these animations existed. Wonderful~

Shit
#37  April 02, 2015, 01:04:29 pm
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Oh wow is that Midnight Bliss Cerebella? Awesome.

I'm not sure what that winquote means though, the english/grammar seems a bit weird in it. I just might not understand it though.
#38  April 02, 2015, 01:40:33 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Yup, it's Cerebella. I figured that the two both have kinda have the same "tragic past but happy-go-lucky otherwise" so I told MotorRoach to make Pupa look like Cerebella. Plus the style normally dictates that the women look sexier, but she's not overtly sexy in general so I wanted to keep it a bit more subdued but still look good.

Also, Rage of the Dragons is notorious for its terrible English, which doesn't bode well for Pupa who is canonically really bad at speaking English. Most of her winquotes are barely intelligible, so I tried my best to word things as awkwardly as possible without losing the meaning.
#39  April 02, 2015, 01:57:41 pm
    • Germany
Great update Jango. Thanks!
#40  April 02, 2015, 02:18:41 pm
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Ah I see, that's actually awesome.
#41  April 02, 2015, 03:46:00 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
wow thats a great update the character is even more better
Definitly waiting for Mario and Jones
#42  April 03, 2015, 10:40:25 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Interesting take on the Midnight Bliss. I highly approve of it, it works out very well for her. Wouldn't have ever thought of that for her myself heh.^^

Will look forward to more optional animation updates for her, if you do decide to do them~
#43  April 10, 2015, 08:09:55 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Alright so dont know if you are accepting palletes but since im having a hard time understanding how to make palletes with ff3 im just going to post them here

dunno if you can use them like that
keep the great work
Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:26:13 am by City_Hunter
#44  April 13, 2015, 07:33:07 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Oh shit forgot to check Pirate's Cove this thread.

Those are pretty cool! I like the RBFF Duck King palette (Pupa's existing Duck King palette is based on his appearance in KOFXI). I might do another palette pack in the future for any fan-submitted palettes.

Yes that is an open invite for Guild in general for mo' palettes >:)
#45  April 13, 2015, 11:28:01 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I should colour separate her so everyone will have to make palettes for her again. >:)
#46  April 13, 2015, 06:56:21 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
thats nice a simple separation would give more palletes option something like this one based on the girl trainer on FR and LG

Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:36:43 pm by City_Hunter
#47  April 14, 2015, 01:05:59 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Not an update, but walt just sent me a PM telling me that I forgot to credit him for the alt smallport. I coulda sworn I did, but apparently not, and I also apparently forgot to show y'all how to use it. Sorry, walt! The credit will show up on the next update, but until then, here's how to try it out.

1) Open up Fighter Factory
2) Navigate to sprite 9001,0
3) Change it to be sprite 9000,0
4) I guess change the original sprite 9000,0 into 9001,0?

If you did that right:

So if you like your small portraits to share palettes with... well, your current palette, and you like original spriting, there you go!
#48  April 16, 2015, 02:25:28 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
While waiting on that pack here another pal I forgot to post last time

Dunno if all the Rotd character are like that but it is really fun to make palletes for her
#49  April 17, 2015, 02:16:07 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I can tell you for one that Pepe is a pain in the ass. His eyes share colors with the lightest color on his pants, so in-game, every palette has white pants (Pupa's eyes are skin-colored). So if I ever make him, I will personally color-separate each and every eye pixel.
#50  April 17, 2015, 04:41:11 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I should colour separate her so everyone will have to make palettes for her again. >:)

I actually did plan on separating her, before I got lazy. If you decide to I can pm you my idea.
#51  May 28, 2015, 08:02:12 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
KOF expert Vans took some time off of making another KOF character to try Pupa out, so I fixed most of the bugs he mentioned, so that makes this update a bit more substantial than it originally was going to be.

• Fixed Pupa having to guarding twice against Queixada
  • Fixed Pupa's jumping velocity
  • Fixed a bug where Pupa suffered too much cornerpush rendering the last hit of Flying Dance impossible to pull off on some characters.
  • Fixed a bug where Pupa was able to juggle falling opponents, which also fixed her being able to easily corner people with Real Beat.
  • Added extras.st so that it's easier for me to code in extra compatibility states that have nothing to do with Pupa's gameplay.
  • Added compatibility for a few more standards: Burnt, Pharoah's Curse, Hell Dunk, Tora's Hon-Fu, aaaaaaand compatibility with my stage "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza FC."
  • Added a mention of walt's custom small portrait to this readme and credited him. Sorry, walt!

One thing I wasn't able to fix was the ability to have access to jumping attacks just by pushing up and an attack. I was assured this is possible with the custom command buffering system he developed. While I am excited for some of the prospects that it offers (ie: ROTD-style tag team action), I'm going to wait until all the kinks are taken care of before making the jump.
#52  May 30, 2015, 03:05:57 am
    • Germany
Thank you for this "compatibility festival" update.  :sugoi:

"Killscreen" working nicely, tried it in "vs" & "Arcade" mode.