YesNoOk

Project EF-12 (a free customizable 3D fighting game engine) (Read 560289 times)

Started by Makunouchi Ippo, September 25, 2013, 02:43:21 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project EF-12 (a free customizable 3D fighting game engine)
#281  February 12, 2014, 02:22:26 am
  • Owner EF-12
    • Japan
    • onogu@quad-arrow.jp
    • ef-12.com
I'm very grad if you follow me!
https://twitter.com/EF12project
tweet latest news everyday on it.
Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:02:25 am by EF-12
#282  February 12, 2014, 05:56:10 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
When I read "Pet character" I thought about Galford's dog or Nakoruru's hawk from Samurai Shodown 64.
#283  February 12, 2014, 03:13:07 pm

I also have two questions for EF-12:

1. I read somewhere that you aren't supporting "pet characters" as in

I can't remember that I said it... BTW
Is it near what you want isn't it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSQ2H2iISP4
Or it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl-CIUXwjT8
Float (big)eye takes 4 pets(small eyes).

No, I mean a character like Carl Clover from Blazblue. A permanent second character you control aka "Pet Character". What I read was that you made it possible for use as an assist like Marvel vs. Capcom (Which is what your first video is showing). Do you have any plans to allow us to make this permanent?

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ8EHvyezQ0

Also, what about regions? Is it possible to designate them in ef-12? By regions, I mean specific areas of the screen that I can add triggers to.
Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:35:21 pm by wirestyle22
#284  February 12, 2014, 09:22:13 pm
When I read "Pet character" I thought about Galford's dog or Nakoruru's hawk from Samurai Shodown 64.

Technically speaking this is completely possible. All you would have to do is model and animate the pet with the character. So a fireball would be the character point and the pet attacking as one model and animation. The real problem with it, is because its part of the same animation you're never going to be able to do different things while your pet is attacking something because it isn't separate from you. That kind of defeats the purpose even if it does add flavor to the character. I want to be able to send out a wolf (lets say) and the wolf is forcing the opponent into a block state, then the main character can go for a high-low-throw mixup which is typical of pet characters. Currently I don't think this is possible unless you cheat. What I mean by that is I think we could create 3 separate specials:

1. down > down forward > forward + LP
2. down > down forward > forward + MP
3. down > down forward > forward + HP

The animations would be exactly the same up until the new attack that I would typically do, which would be a low, overheard, or throw. I don't like that way of doing it though. I don't want the players to have to memorize so many inputs. Each special move would be 3 special moves.
Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:32:39 pm by wirestyle22
#285  February 13, 2014, 02:09:32 am
  • Owner EF-12
    • Japan
    • onogu@quad-arrow.jp
    • ef-12.com
No, I mean a character like Carl Clover from Blazblue. A permanent second character you control aka "Pet Character". What I read was that you made it possible for use as an assist like Marvel vs. Capcom (Which is what your first video is showing). Do you have any plans to allow us to make this permanent?

Also, what about regions? Is it possible to designate them in ef-12? By regions, I mean specific areas of the screen that I can add triggers to.

I saw video. It's not exist now but not impossible to implement (There are a lot of request and tasks so I can't promise, sorry)

Region is, for example, limited area that you can do any special move?  it's also not exist.
#286  February 13, 2014, 02:29:23 pm
  • Owner EF-12
    • Japan
    • onogu@quad-arrow.jp
    • ef-12.com
#287  February 14, 2014, 06:20:05 pm
#288  February 18, 2014, 05:35:35 pm

I saw video. It's not exist now but not impossible to implement (There are a lot of request and tasks so I can't promise, sorry)

Region is, for example, limited area that you can do any special move?  it's also not exist.

Thank you very much for the replies, I really appreciate it. Your pet test video is basically what I was thinking of as a way to cheat it, but like I said its only for flavor as the game play of the archetype requires two separate characters moving independently. It's still a very interesting engine. I'm going to develop a character and test the limits of the engine. I hope that I'll have something to show you within the next few months. We'll see if I can pull it off well :)
Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:04:03 pm by wirestyle22
#289  February 19, 2014, 06:04:44 pm
@EF-12

Does the engine support model swapping? If I created a power-up character, could I possibly change their character model entirely for a duration?
#290  February 20, 2014, 01:57:18 am
  • Owner EF-12
    • Japan
    • onogu@quad-arrow.jp
    • ef-12.com
#291  April 05, 2014, 11:16:53 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Hey E-12 I've been reading this topic of yours about the 3D fighting game engine you have made and I have afew questions I would love to ask because I'm very interested in creating my own characters in this. Just at the moment I don't have a working computer and I'm using my nintendo Wii for internet access. Anyways, here afew of my questions I would like to ask.

1. I saw in the video that many of the characters have different outfits build in with them. Many question is it possible that make a character have a different outfit example being if I can render different clothes and apply it the model of my character even apply different textures to it without slowing the game down?

2. Is it possible we add voices to are characters in the game such as having them say something when they are attacking or do special moves?

3. Another question that is abit similar to question 2 on that is it possible we have intros before a match even is it possible to program taunts for a character?

4. Is there a way we can make the super or special moves do close ups on are characters in a similar fashion as they do in street fighter 4, Soul calibur 4 and 5? and if no, will there be an update to apply that feature?
Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:20:43 pm by stevla83
#292  April 09, 2014, 06:47:09 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
When you slam someone the camera changes position, so I'm pretty sure you could do it in ultras.
Many characters have intros.
Are you talking about changing textures during the matches?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#293  April 10, 2014, 02:57:42 am
    • Puerto Rico
When you slam someone the camera changes position, so I'm pretty sure you could do it in ultras.
Many characters have intros.
Are you talking about changing textures during the matches?

Hey, thanks for answering my reply Odb718 I really appreciate that and ah ok I was curious about making intro poses because I wanna animate my own thats why I asked that and same for the doing ultras since I also hope I can possibly make it the same close up look to Street fighter IV even Soul calibur IV and V. Also by textures I mean this, Like say I have a character with one outfit. But, I want to make that same character I made have different clothes for alternate costumes instead of just making a color palette. Like my question is that if I can make many different alternate costumes even clothing for my character I make or will it be too much to handle on the engine because of the amount of textures and details I have for those costumes?
#294  November 30, 2015, 03:47:24 pm
I hope the Model 1 version of Akira Yuki would be converted to both M.U.G.E.N and EF-12, mainly for nostalgia.

My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.

Ali

#295  January 10, 2017, 07:26:06 pm
  • 3D character creator
Well well well, is there any tutorial to create characters?
Download my creations here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x2dezhlr3eetexi/AAD_zVjaozGObrq9tuOruM4Ca?dl=0

Current w.i.p : Pink Panther, Rayman V2, Paper mario,

Future WIP : Spector knight Boss, 3D Waluigi, 3D Crash, 3D meta knight, 3D Sonic
#296  January 12, 2017, 10:19:34 pm
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
Yes, there are some. From various sources. Blackelementforce does some tutos in his Youtube channel.
#297  January 25, 2017, 08:12:40 am
    • Russia
Unable to create a normal character using the standard movement, stringing together 3D models - lol.
We outlawed and we do not care about copyrights - project was ruined as soon as QUAD ARROW  began selling in steam.
Только работая над собственным персонажем можно понять всю сущность M.U.G.E.N.
#298  March 22, 2018, 11:06:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
Project was ruined as soon as QUAD ARROW  began selling in steam.
I don't think so, the price was not much costy to me (And I am so poor that I leech internet from a friend! xD).
But, if EF-12 not to come with some worthy news, like more formats to export from, walls, ring-out pitfalls, solid obstacles, more compatible softwares than JUST 3DS, Maya and Blender, some interesting plug-ins or, at least, free rigging to clothes and hairs (Like in Unity and MMD), things gonna get difficult for us.

#299  March 25, 2018, 06:44:23 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Random question. What does the typical EF-12 character's moveset consist of? Is everyone just basic "martial arts" users or can there be more complex things like assists/strikers, hypers, aerial specials, launchers, projectiles...?
#300  March 26, 2018, 02:54:47 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
EF-12 has, practically, movements for Street Fighter-esque movements, like projectiles, anti-air moves, Hypers, strikers, and a pet system (like Galford's dog or Nakoruru's hawk) was being implemented
Floareye/Angry Sushi is a main character with four pets.