YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Read 2334 times)

Started by He-Man, March 27, 2008, 07:42:38 pm
Share this topic:
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
#1  March 27, 2008, 07:42:38 pm
So, I was thinking about this game. Is it any good?
I heard you could create your own fighter's too.
Can you like, create as many custom fighter's as you want too?
Also - what stage's are included?

(I got Wii)
The key to happiness is not to mourn on the past, or to worry about tomorrow - but to live here and now. In the present. Honestly and earnestly.
Re: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
#2  March 27, 2008, 07:45:44 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Wii ver sucks. Google it. :omg:

Each Account can have 1 Fighter.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#3  March 27, 2008, 07:51:54 pm
    • USA
#4  March 27, 2008, 08:02:57 pm
The key to happiness is not to mourn on the past, or to worry about tomorrow - but to live here and now. In the present. Honestly and earnestly.
#5  March 27, 2008, 08:18:07 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/

Awww man - that sucks REAL bad. :(

yeah... but at least in the PS2 version, you could have about 8 accounts per memorycard. so you could have up to 16 custom fighters. it was done like this due to the online mode.

and 16 custom fighters is a decent number.

here are some of the stuff i did on create a fighter (the sound is a bit screwed up, so I suggest to lower it a bit before seing the movies):

Hornbuckle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pixkKrkpCQ8

MK1 Reptile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=userASC1sKk

My version of Khameleon (Khameleon is exclusive of the wii version, as mentioned)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhoHiQ_L3s

Nightcrawler (from X-men)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq2qp_trJjw

Excellent, a original character
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5a6MlyzdX8

and the all mighty TONY 3RD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F_MY5TNua4

At least on the PS2 it is a pretty decent game. its not the 8th wonder of the world, but its quite fun.
Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:25:24 pm by Tony 3rd
#6  March 28, 2008, 03:05:16 am
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
#7  March 28, 2008, 03:25:52 am
the movelists for the characters feel tarnished and ruined. when i play the game i cant tell the different in the fighting besides the stances

My messed up private mugen!
#8  March 28, 2008, 03:35:51 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
the mode with Taven was a bit better than the actual fighting  in alot of respects o_O

its OK: like teaturing(sp) on the verge of mediocrity, but has enough to keep it from hitting that level (i liked it so much cause i made my own version of mech akuma. couldnt stop me with him)

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#9  March 28, 2008, 03:46:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I didn't like the fact that they reduced everyone to 2 styles and I played MK chess a lot in the MK before this one. I hated that they took that out.

Also, adding all the characters in isn't a big deal if most of them play TOTALLY different from their old versions and/or have the same moves as other characters.

They need to go back to 2d but have actually different basic attacks instead of every character being identical aside from specials. Though that won't happen =p

Then again aside from Toshinden I tend to dislike every 3d fighter... I just can never get into playing them for some reason.
#10  March 28, 2008, 04:04:03 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
MKA had 2 styles cause of restrictions: not enough space for every character to truley be separate from each other. thats also why they have such a shitty fatality mode..sometimes less is better

#11  March 29, 2008, 02:59:34 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I liked the new concept for fatalities, but not the fact that there were no "unique" fatalities.

Also, I never played it, but I *fucking hated* Stryker's new design. I hate the fact people hated Stryker's old design enough that the new one was made. I think his design in the 2D MK games was pretty cool.

I would like to play it, though. Not as much as, oh, Tekken 6 or SC 4, but still something I'd like to play.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#12  March 29, 2008, 03:18:06 am
    • Brazil
oh yeah.... i forgot to say something about liu kang in this game...

I FUCKING HATE IT!!!

WHY THE FUCK YOU TRANSFORM A GUY INTO A ZOMBIE, IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT FUCKING MOVE LIKE A ZOMBIE!!!

alternate outfits should not affect gameplay. alternate outfits are bonuses to enlight the player into the mindset of that character + make an awesome chance for the developers to go nuts with character design.

i repeat, alternate outfits should not affect gameplay.

BUT, in MKA, we have Zombie Liu Kang. who wears 2 extremely heavy and giant chain shackles on his arms.

however, he moves exactly like regular liu kang... and instead of using the huge ammount of iron that look like it should have ripped his arms off, he using one little wooden nunchuck that you can barely see...

why? BECAUSE HIS FREAKING ALTERNATE OUTFIT IS FREAKING REGULAR LIU KANG

i mean... its the freaking series who did 13 different characters USING ONLY 2 SPRITE SETS, ONE FOR MALES AND OTHER FOR FEMALES!!! knowing that, it would be quite obvious that the fans would not mind having 2 liu kangs on one game, the zombie liu kang, moving accordingly, and Classic Liu kang.

but nooooo... instead they decide make the freaking 2nd outfit regular and make Liu Kang's gameplay based not on his CANON appeareance, but on his ditched version...

and you know what pisses me off the most? THEY DID IT RIGHT ON THE FREAKING INTRO MOVIE!!! THE FREAKING INTRO MOVIE SHOWS THE RIGHT ZOMBIE LIU KANG AND THE FREAKING GAME DOES NOT!!!!

FUCK YOU MIDWAY!!!
#13  March 29, 2008, 03:35:12 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
Tony...

...calm down mang...

#14  March 29, 2008, 07:00:49 pm

Awww man - that sucks REAL bad. :(

yeah... but at least in the PS2 version, you could have about 8 accounts per memorycard. so you could have up to 16 custom fighters. it was done like this due to the online mode.

and 16 custom fighters is a decent number.

here are some of the stuff i did on create a fighter (the sound is a bit screwed up, so I suggest to lower it a bit before seing the movies):

Hornbuckle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pixkKrkpCQ8

MK1 Reptile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=userASC1sKk

My version of Khameleon (Khameleon is exclusive of the wii version, as mentioned)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhoHiQ_L3s

Nightcrawler (from X-men)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq2qp_trJjw

Excellent, a original character
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5a6MlyzdX8

and the all mighty TONY 3RD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F_MY5TNua4

At least on the PS2 it is a pretty decent game. its not the 8th wonder of the world, but its quite fun.

Hmm - you can make a lots of accounts in Wii. But - if I want to create a new fighter by making a new account, doesn't that mean I must re-earn ALL already unlocked clothes in a previous account?

I assume you won't get all the clothe's given just like that.

BTW, those vis look REALLY cool! :D
#15  March 29, 2008, 07:02:49 pm
oh yeah.... i forgot to say something about liu kang in this game...

I FUCKING HATE IT!!!

WHY THE FUCK YOU TRANSFORM A GUY INTO A ZOMBIE, IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT FUCKING MOVE LIKE A ZOMBIE!!!

FUCK YOU MIDWAY!!!

I agree with you man. They have destroyed everything good with the games and the story - AND it's getting worse. :(
They really don't know where to stop and start creating something new.
#16  March 29, 2008, 07:13:44 pm
the mode with Taven was a bit better than the actual fighting  in alot of respects o_O

its OK: like teaturing(sp) on the verge of mediocrity, but has enough to keep it from hitting that level (i liked it so much cause i made my own version of mech akuma. couldnt stop me with him)

Oooo - could you tell me how you did him? :D
#17  March 29, 2008, 10:45:02 pm
    • Brazil
Hmm - you can make a lots of accounts in Wii. But - if I want to create a new fighter by making a new account, doesn't that mean I must re-earn ALL already unlocked clothes in a previous account?

No. once you buy something on one account, its already available for any other account.
that is what i did. i've gathered all the Koins needed using the Tony 3rd account. all the other i've created after unlocking everything.

thanks.
#18  March 30, 2008, 12:09:57 am

No. once you buy something on one account, its already available for any other account.
that is what i did. i've gathered all the Koins needed using the Tony 3rd account. all the other i've created after unlocking everything.

thanks.

Oh really? Niiiiice! :D That spares me a lot of trouble!!
Sounds like I could get my hands on this games still.

Oh and btw, your MK1 Reptile rocks the socks off!
Think you could show me off a "Human Smoke" character? If it's ok. :)
He was my fav char in MKT. I lost intresst in playing MKT because of the difficulty.
IMPOSSIBLE to beat without cheating. :(
#19  April 19, 2008, 03:56:22 am
  • What are you looking at?!
    • devilmanozzy.deviantart.com/
.....hmmm..... every character ever in a MK game in one game......

Yeah, sounds good but, modeling characters and throwing them half the moves from the other characters......

I'm sorry, but this game has major shortcomings.

As noted, Make a fighter was cool and so was conquest, but the fighter part of this game.......