YesNoOk

Strider Hiryu (Read 134599 times)

Started by DW, September 11, 2017, 03:03:46 am
Share this topic:
Re: Strider Hiryu
#41  September 26, 2017, 08:14:49 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
-Actually, yes it should. It's called "priority" sir. Sword attack or not, that doesn't mean you don't give it any trade hit ability. I could prolly move it back a bit, as I had it originally. We'll see.

On that note, is there any way to prevent getting grabbed via sword range, at least? It's only happened twice but it's pretty weird and kind of jarring to see Hiryu be on one end of the screen and then just suddenly zhoop to the opponent because of the sword being susceptible to throws.
#42  September 27, 2017, 10:17:53 am
  • Was it something I said?
Two things about Ragnarok.
-I think it should pause when he starts the attack, that way you could get some pretty good combos out of it.
-No guard spark on block?

DW

#43  September 29, 2017, 05:24:01 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
On that note, is there any way to prevent getting grabbed via sword range, at least? It's only happened twice but it's pretty weird and kind of jarring to see Hiryu be on one end of the screen and then just suddenly zhoop to the opponent because of the sword being susceptible to throws.

IDK who you have that's grabbing him out of it, but if they can, that's quite a feat. I tweaked the clsns on them a bit regardless.

Two things about Ragnarok.
-I think it should pause when he starts the attack, that way you could get some pretty good combos out of it.
-No guard spark on block?

-No
-Prior to my exclusion of hitsparks for that state, if you combo into Ragnarok, it'll spawn a hitspark from the previous atk state you were in on hit. Even though it's not supposed to. By excluding the the hitsparks, I inadvertently excluded the guard spark as well, as they're linked. Spent a few minutes trying to figure it out, though couldn't. As it stands now, I'd rather keep it as is, as the missing guard spark for it isn't a big deal. I'll keep looking into it to come up with a solution though.

=9/29/2017=

-Fixed super finish delay on warp Legion
-Tweaked clsns on Gram(all versions)
Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 05:27:07 pm by DW
#44  September 30, 2017, 04:46:15 am
    • Canada
-Prior to my exclusion of hitsparks for that state, if you combo into Ragnarok, it'll spawn a hitspark from the previous atk state you were in on hit. Even though it's not supposed to. By excluding the the hitsparks, I inadvertently excluded the guard spark as well, as they're linked. Spent a few minutes trying to figure it out, though couldn't. As it stands now, I'd rather keep it as is, as the missing guard spark for it isn't a big deal. I'll keep looking into it to come up with a solution though.

When I moved the "&& !(StateNo=3400)" in the Hit Sparks state to the slash fx triggers (trigger3) and removed the comments that were on sparkNo, the move is able to create a guard spark and not create a hit spark when used in a combo.
So the Hit Sparks state looks like this:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Does it work?
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:07:10 am by Cruz
#45  September 30, 2017, 06:08:31 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
This is just a minor problem, but whenever I'm defending and I want to dodge/roll forward, instead, I end up doing either of the charge special moves instead, which has been happening way too often.

Shit

DW

#46  September 30, 2017, 04:19:22 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
When I moved the "&& !(StateNo=3400)" in the Hit Sparks state to the slash fx triggers (trigger3) and removed the comments that were on sparkNo, the move is able to create a guard spark and not create a hit spark when used in a combo.
So the Hit Sparks state looks like this:

Does it work?

Hmm... I'll remember to keep this in mind for future projects. Just moving it only solves it halfway. As what I did was only half the solution. I gotta put that restriction there for both the physical and slash hitsparks. Thanks.

This is just a minor problem, but whenever I'm defending and I want to dodge/roll forward, instead, I end up doing either of the charge special moves instead, which has been happening way too often.

I'll move some things around and see if I can fix this.
#47  October 01, 2017, 12:34:11 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I take some time to say I'm really glad to see you're still rocking with awesome characters.
One more masterpiece since your debuts with Mai :)
#48  October 20, 2017, 03:13:19 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
DW said:

can't wait to kick tha tires in on this 1! lookin' good D Dubbya! btw, while you're finishin' those intros, at least 1 of'em should have his intro theme playin', sped up a bit of course, durin' it [preferably tha 1 from 2014's Strider :mlol:], just sayin'. if you want/need me to kut it for ya to hear how it'll sound/fit, let me know & i gotcha faded.

Sure man, send it my way whenever. Thanks for the support.

ahh crud, i'm late as phukk seein' this. i'll run that to ya tomorrow, if not by day's end. sorry for tha slack-off my dude.
Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:22:23 pm by Sir Lord Alpyne
#49  October 30, 2017, 11:06:35 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
I'm mad late but word got to me that someone made another Strider Hiryu, so yeah here I am lol.
He is fun! and I like the extras you gave him.
Also thanks for the mention in the readme.

-SyN-
#50  November 01, 2017, 10:36:28 am
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
SyN! sup brotha!
#51  November 01, 2017, 01:46:54 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
#52  November 01, 2017, 02:46:57 pm
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
sup syn.
stop by newagemugen some time & i'll make u a VIP member lol.
We rebuilding things and me & Gen were gonna pick your brains on some stuff.
u still gotta show me some close up pics of them badass custom art posters u made i wanted 2 see.

#53  November 02, 2017, 05:43:35 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
We have a new Strider and he is fun to play with. Syn is retired and good luck with picking his brains.lol
#54  November 04, 2017, 11:11:42 am
  • xxxxx
Great job on releasing your new character. Solid gameplay. Couldn't expect any less from you :)

DW

#55  November 07, 2017, 03:05:54 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I take some time to say I'm really glad to see you're still rocking with awesome characters.
One more masterpiece since your debuts with Mai :)

Thanks.

I'm mad late but word got to me that someone made another Strider Hiryu, so yeah here I am lol.
He is fun! and I like the extras you gave him.
Also thanks for the mention in the readme.

-SyN-

Thanks, though I credit you in all my works, cuz of the timer bar. It isn't Strider specific.

Great job on releasing your new character. Solid gameplay. Couldn't expect any less from you :)

Thanks.

@MotorRoach:

I tweaked the cmd long ago, though didn't say anything about it. Let me know if it feels better in that regard now.
#56  November 09, 2017, 12:36:44 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Something I just managed to catch while playing, canceling Nagrarok into Ouroboros after a ground bounce Ame-no-Murakumo causes the opponent to be invulnerable, so they aren't hurt by Ouroboros.

Video: https://vid.me/HdmBF

DW

#57  November 09, 2017, 04:20:52 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yeah... It's because I gave Ouro the OTG restriction, but for the life of me, can't remember why....? As it already has the base juggle restrict. Maybe I was just being over paranoid about Ouro breaking? Maybe I was over-thinking it? Whatever the case, I'll fix it soon by just removing the restriction now. However, I'm going to test it out for awhile just to be sure. 82% of the time, I do things for a reason, even if I can't remember the reason down the road. :P Though a quick glance initially just shows I'm too constricting... :-\
#58  November 11, 2017, 01:41:31 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Fair enough, can never be too sure with that kind of thing. Also went through and updated my default Hiryu palette. Changed the effect colors, and did some fixing with his hair.

Edit: Updating this to show that thing I told you about way back when about Hiryu getting grabbed out of Gram: https://vid.me/7lwr5

In source, I'm pretty sure that the point of Hiryu having this attack is to give him something of a zoning/anti-zoning tool and giving him another safe ranged attack. While I can get the whole priority thing behind it, this shouldn't be happening. It's mainly why Hiryu has a fairly long start-up to compensate in the source games.
Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:59:59 pm by Project.13
#59  November 14, 2017, 06:42:49 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Oh, I was gone for too long. Really nice work DivineWolf.

DW

#60  November 17, 2017, 06:06:45 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

I know the utility of the move. Vids from that site never load up for me, no matter what device I'm using. Though I see it's Sodom you're doing it with? I've recently just tweaked him as a whole, though try this out with other chars. Let me know the result. No one I trust has ever made a Sodom in a similar format. Also, thanks for the pal.

Oh, I was gone for too long. Really nice work DivineWolf.

Thank you.

=11/17/2017=

-Misc clsn tweaks
-Misc dmg tweaks
-Ground normals now have different properties based on whether he chained into them or not(will probably do the same for Psylocke soon)
-(EX)Gram all versions dmg increased
-(EX)Ame no Murakumo dmg increased
-PSX slash sounds added
-OTG -> Nagnarok -> Ouroboros bug fixed.