YesNoOk

post here if you want a subforum for your full game (Read 421836 times)

Started by Titiln, October 25, 2010, 10:29:28 pm
Share this topic:

GOH

Re: post here if you want a subforum for your full game
#141  June 27, 2012, 10:45:53 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
So far I only see lots of single sprite edits and a screenpack beta along with some ingame screenshots of 2 characters. It's barely worthy of a project thread, less alone a full-game section. Needs more content imo.
#142  June 27, 2012, 01:00:03 pm
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
So far I only see lots of single sprite edits and a screenpack beta along with some ingame screenshots of 2 characters. It's barely worthy of a project thread, less alone a full-game section. Needs more content imo.

i hear you. but still i seen in projects here that have had same or even less content and had sub forums.  ;)

Well i still wouldnt mind keeping the project in the section its at, like said too i just wanted to get it all cleaned up as others have done in their projects and seperate things to show wether still sprite or animations and other things we have and will show.  i also have shown animated stuff here on some of the characters. just some. So instead i ask , please specify your wants for more content vs telling me it needs more cause thats not a define answer.  Different places want different things.  If still its not a go then i am cool with that as well. thanx guys for reading.

oh and OG i knew you was gonna be the first to pop in and say something too. ROTFL!!

GOH

#143  June 27, 2012, 01:08:13 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#144  June 27, 2012, 02:27:58 pm
i hear you. but still i seen in projects here that have had same or even less content and had sub forums.  ;)
Name them.

why would i have to name them, i seen alot of them from begining posts to now. some been in projects for quite awhile too  plus others i know the peoples involved pretty cool and their development really took off very well even before the first post.  plus going off a lil to most of what was said in the main part i think what titlin said about what to show, screenshots and such. as said its in no disrespect GOH , i only asking if i could have one or and what is truly required by Guild standards for one. its not that i am demanding one , cause no way saying that.  lol.

i can still keep it where its at , no issues really. again not saying i need one  but a couple others that posted in my thread here just gave me a cool idea to ask. so here i am. lol.  the decision is up to whoever calls the shots around here. i respect that and i as well respect everyones wips here too. my sprite teachers who taught me are on a project hosted here as well and i am loving it.
#145  June 27, 2012, 02:37:31 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
No you haven't seen any of them. Name them, please.

All the projects who have sub-forums either have many WIP chars (with substantial progress AND screenshots), or even a few characters already released.
Those who had a little less were creators who'm the staff has known for a long time, and they know the creator(s) well enough they can trust him with his work. You're not one of these known creators.

No need to ask for a sub-forum if the game can hold in a single WIP topic (which is only idea engineering for now, anyway).
#146  June 27, 2012, 02:50:31 pm
ahhhh i see.  see thats where i was missing something... the 3rd line. so yeah i got ya pretty much now. those are the ones i saw the most here but i have seen other like my teacher Nestor project  which i know been doing great stuff for quite a long time.  well no biggie Cybaster dude, i will keep it where its at.  thanx for replying bro.  oh and big thanx for creating that stage tool, i am learning alot with it .  :) :sugoi:

edit, you know what i think i was meaning more to ask for Projects thread not sub - forum. my apologies on that. yeah its not ready for a sub forum here by far.  its ok tho.  thanx guys.
Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:05:11 pm by C.R.O.M Lando
#147  June 28, 2012, 03:26:26 pm
what you guys tink about a completed, finished game sub-board?
then move projects like shade and x-men to there?

i dont have more plans for XSC update, i tink "inactive" are not correct term to define a completed game, anyway, it is admins call if will move to any place or keep it at same place, i just want to comunicate i dont have more plans for a update.
#148  June 28, 2012, 03:35:31 pm
    • Thailand
why would i have to name them, i seen alot of them from begining posts to now. some been in projects for quite awhile too  plus others i know the peoples involved pretty cool and their development really took off very well even before the first post.  plus going off a lil to most of what was said in the main part i think what titlin said about what to show, screenshots and such. as said its in no disrespect GOH , i only asking if i could have one or and what is truly required by Guild standards for one. its not that i am demanding one , cause no way saying that.  lol.
Don't worry about other projects. Some users have already proven that they can be serious about a project and thus have more credibility than someone like you.

We choose who gets sub forums by arbitrarily reviewing each case.

edit, you know what i think i was meaning more to ask for Projects thread not sub - forum. my apologies on that. yeah its not ready for a sub forum here by far.  its ok tho.  thanx guys.
You don't need to ask for a project thread. That doesn't make any sense. The title of this thread is clearly to ask for a sub forum. I'm sure you already knew the difference and there's really no need to try to cover anything up. If you come back in the future and show that you have a lot of progress or credibility, you will be more likely to get a sub forum.

You should also know that sub forums don't necessarily get more attention than project threads in the project area of this forum. It's better to make your project known in the project section first, then get a sub forum about it.

Good luck.

#149  June 28, 2012, 06:10:50 pm
 whats good Raaja dude.

ok on the matter of that first part you spoke on... no i dont  worry about others projects but i have always check them out as a fan not about credibility.  i think they are all cool , so no worries on that . lol its all good.

on the second part, no i wasnt trying to cover anything up, sorry if thats how you thought i was stating but i really did make an honest mistake.  now one day when i do have way more content i would like a project thread here but not right now.  thats why i said i will keep it where its at here. its not a problem at all. So all respects.

oh yeah and the part of  " someone like you" you said.....man now that was just being ...mean. lol. but its all good. lol.

thanx and i hope to keep more material coming on the project and show stuff more  when can and what we will make decisions on to show off when time.  stay good  peoples.
#150  June 28, 2012, 06:20:19 pm
    • Thailand
You were clearly comparing yourself to other people and your project to other projects to argue why you think you should have a sub forum. I simply said that other people have more credibility than someone like you who doesn't. If you think that is somehow mean, then I don't know what to tell you.

And you clearly knew this was about sub forums and not project threads.. I don't know why you're lying it's completely unnecessary. What is wrong with you.

You knew the difference. But whatever, man, just make some progress and there won't be anything stopping you from getting your own sub forum.
#151  June 28, 2012, 06:50:24 pm
oooh no .. i wasnt comparing myself to other people but yes based on what was said to look at other peoples projects ( not meaning the projects thread itself but the full game projects, thats what we are doing) and see if our project has some of those things then yes it does say to ask for a sub forum.  my bad as i said cause it may be a big misunderstanding, thats why i said i apologize for that, that is my fault.

when it comes to the full games section , yes those are projects , wips that are being made or are made to fullness , i look at those specfically and ones in idea and engineering that peak my interest. i never really went into the actual Projects thread like that over the years.  just maybe here and there. So again that is my fault on the word play in projects and askin for s sub forum which i dont need yet.  but i was asked to ask and some cool people thought it could be moved and looked more like a project so i just took the notion to ask , but i did it in the wrong spot because of the full games thing. my apologies on that.

Now... one thing i DO NOT do , is Lie, i am far toooooo old for that and there is no need to do it . i dont care even if it is the net. lol. I am not a rude person so i hope this isnt taken that way by any means. I respect ALOT of creators especially the ones i call not just friends but family . my personal feelings is i dont care much for Mugen Cred myself, never have since mugen began . I am just one of those guys that wanna have fun creating somethings in the program i been in for a very long time and use mugen for what its purpose was made for, fun.   me and crew will definetly keep at it on the project and try to keep some stuff updated here as can. Thanx Raaja for the insight and will try to do more and show more.

oh and Cybaster, your stage tool... the fuckin bomb bro. love it and thanx for making it , it helps a ton.
#152  June 28, 2012, 07:04:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
what you guys tink about a completed, finished game sub-board?
then move projects like shade and x-men to there?

i dont have more plans for XSC update, i tink "inactive" are not correct term to define a completed game, anyway, it is admins call if will move to any place or keep it at same place, i just want to comunicate i dont have more plans for a update.

soudns like a good idea, I support that motion.
#153  June 28, 2012, 10:14:09 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
That's not a bad idea honestly. I'm focused on CvTW right now, and SHADEs 2 is pretty much done, save for one last update that won't be coming for a while anyway. Inactive isn't quite the word, because it makes it seem abandoned, but I do feel bad that it's cluttering up the section and not getting posts or updates.

Download Last Bout now!
#154  June 29, 2012, 01:42:48 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the feedback forum mentions locking the subforum, while in an ideal scenario that would be bad as there might be later feedback/bugs added later , in reality people might revive it for lame reason. I guess it can be left unlocked and the game's creator can lock/unlokc the topics he wants
#155  June 29, 2012, 03:02:36 am
    • USA
I love this idea;  Gives all completed full-game projects a place to be, with updated download links and an open board for feedback.  Lock everything else, like progress and character trivia...
#156  June 30, 2012, 05:15:52 pm
#157  June 30, 2012, 05:19:31 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Im okay with it! ^^
I will wait for more votes but taking in consideration you have one of the only finished projects there, yeah i would count on it.
#158  June 30, 2012, 05:25:48 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
It's a bit early, but given how X-Men went I'd say he's trustable to follow through with this.
#159  July 01, 2012, 07:36:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
+1
#160  July 11, 2012, 05:52:18 pm