YesNoOk

Requesting Sprite Sheets - Get your sprited char coded for free :) (Read 3882 times)

Started by noceat, September 18, 2014, 05:10:33 pm
Requesting Sprite Sheets - Get your sprited char coded for free :)
#1  September 18, 2014, 05:10:33 pm
    • Germany
    • reysprit@yahoo.de
Hey guys,
maybe you know me, maybe not. i was called reymugen / reyspriter (reyspriter on this board) and coded mugen chars some years ago.
now i think it's time to come back, since i have a lot of free time and want to get more into mugen again. a lot of things changed since then.

now since i want to code again, i'm looking for some nice sprite sheets. you could say i'm taking coding requests.
for now i'm looking for some cartoonish chars (like warners or dddrcreations chars, if you know what i mean ;D)  i don't want to code something from kof, street of fighter or dragon ball. just something that does not exists yet and should be brought to mugen. if you have some nice sprite sheets please share them here or send me a private message, if you have "not for release" ones.

i'm looking forward to get some answers and maybe some awesome sprite sheets.

noceat
Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:33:57 pm by noceat
Re: Requesting Sprite Sheets - Want to Code !
#2  September 18, 2014, 05:29:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
so you are looking for cartoonish characers that either A) need a coder, or B) have not been coded nicely.

not sure about B)
Re: Requesting Sprite Sheets - Want to Code !
#3  September 18, 2014, 05:32:48 pm
    • Germany
    • reysprit@yahoo.de
well, i am looking just for complete sprite sheets of chars that are not coded yet but should be. they don't have to be completely new chars, like it could be a mario but with a new nice look. you know what i mean? i don't want to use sheets that were coded already

and I will code this char, btw.
Re: Requesting Sprite Sheets - Get your sprited char coded for free :)
#4  September 18, 2014, 09:38:07 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
if it the guy doesn't exist in street fighter you will code him? for example a new sprites sheet guiler you will do.
#5  September 18, 2014, 09:55:55 pm
    • Germany
    • reysprit@yahoo.de
nah there are a lot of guiles out there. something else?
#6  September 18, 2014, 09:58:59 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
hum, so are you looking for never coded before sprite sheets of cartoon chars?
I am sure you can find this kind of thing at Spriters Resources
#7  September 18, 2014, 10:16:28 pm
    • Germany
    • reysprit@yahoo.de
does not need to be never coded before. just new sprite sheet. and not chibi / small chars, which spriters resource is full of. are there any other good sites with custom sprites?
#8  September 19, 2014, 12:17:32 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
I think what you're looking for is too specific. Cartoon character sprites are mostly very small sprites, since they either come out for handheld platforms or the older ones like NES. You're going to have to make a compromise somewhere. Another problem is that if sprites are any good quality and could be used for mugen, assume they have been already. The only way to really be original is to take something that most people think is unusable, like SRW (Super Robot Wars) sprites and make something great, or create your own custom character sprites that are not small.

As you already know, most things have been done to death, so being original has to come from somewhere else in your mind. You can't really strive to be 100% original without making your own sprites and even then, it doesn't mean that someone else couldn't have already done your idea or some parts of it.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#9  October 14, 2014, 02:58:44 am
    • Brazil
    • rbfranca@ig.com.br
Well... it's not a cartoonish char, but you said you wanna code something new in mugen world so... if you wanna, you can see my volvidon char:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/monster-hunter-programming-help-162802.0.html

I tried do code it, but I'm not what we can call "The Programmer".
Fell free to finish it or even start it again (if you need I can send you the sprite sheet)

Or if you don't mind wait a little, I'm preparing a sheet of Grimlock from the new transformers movie
Here's the w.i.p.

Best regards
Dragonrod
Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:40:46 am by dragonrod342
#10  October 14, 2014, 04:04:19 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
i'm looking for some cartoonish chars (like warners or dddrcreations chars, if you know what i mean ;D)
Since was already said above about size and quality of cartoon sprites, those 2 creators made their sprites from scratch to match into MUGEN and so code them, so if you want cartoon chars like those ones, you've to make the same way and sprite them by yourself.
By the other hand, in sites like Spriters Resource, Sprite Database and so on there're A LOT of characters from games that aren't fighters that don't get a MUGEN adaptation, as well obscure fighting game chars who haven't been adapted yet. You've a lot to choose, so you can start there ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#11  October 14, 2014, 04:38:12 am
A while back, I did some work on ShinRyoga's Mario sprites if you wanna take a look at them, which include some new animations as well.
#12  October 14, 2014, 04:08:09 pm
    • Brazil
Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:11:13 pm by Lord M
#13  November 13, 2014, 10:40:53 am
    • Germany
    • reysprit@yahoo.de
I will take a Look on those Sprites You send me later Guys,
I will let yu Know what i've choosen