YesNoOk

Suprizle's WipHouse: 2021 Character Updates/Progress! (Read 266243 times)

Started by Suprizle, July 10, 2012, 11:46:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: KojiroBADNESS' WIPS: Demitri Showcase!
#281  April 21, 2016, 08:43:09 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Thanks guys,

Here's another quick showcase.

His last super is called the "Midnight Finale".

Enjoy!
That's nice and all, but when do i get to try me out?  >:D
and how the hell do you play at that speed lool
Re: Suprizle's WipHouse: Character Updates!
#282  October 28, 2019, 02:45:57 am
    • Canada
Well hello again, Gentlemen! How the hell has everyone been? Pull up your seats. It's time for an update!

Long story short, I've had some major shifts occur in my life to where I simply needed time away to sort things out unfortunately. However, things have since settled and I'm happily working on all my passion projects again. So here is what's planned so far.

Demitri
Yes, he's still in the works and set for a release. He's currently being beta tested. However, outside of recent feedback and since playing him again I've noticed some fundamental gameplay issues that I won't let slide. Which brings me to the rest of my characters.

Fuuma, Makoto, Mai-ling, Hanzo
- Gameplay mechanics will essentially be renewed and re-balanced. Some of Fuuma's old coding for example about brought me to tears.
- Certain specials and supers will be seeing fresh revisions i.e. Makoto's Hayate no Red Hawk is just one powerful strike now instead of 3 strikes.
- Color Separation (excluding Makoto). Currently looking at getting Fuuma and Hanzo done first.
- More Special Intros?? Nah... maybe. :evilgrin:

I will be working on these updates in time once I gather the resources. But for now, here comes a new challenger!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I got more planned but I'll share when the time is right. Stay tuned! :)
Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 02:55:16 am by Suprizle
Re: KojiroBADNESS' WIPS: Demitri Showcase!
#283  October 28, 2019, 02:57:36 am
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
Well hello again, Gentlemen! How the hell has everyone been? Pull up your seats. It's time for an update!

Long story short, I've had some major shifts occur in my life to where I simply needed time away to sort things out unfortunately. However, things have since settled and I'm happily working on all my passion projects again. So here is what's planned so far.

Demitri
Yes, he's still in the works and set for a release. He's currently being beta tested. However, outside of recent feedback and since playing him again I've noticed some fundamental gameplay issues that I won't let slide. Which brings me to the rest of my characters.

Fuuma, Makoto, Mai-ling, Hanzo
- Gameplay mechanics will essentially be renewed and re-balanced. Some of Fuuma's old coding for example about brought me to tears.
- Certain specials and supers will be seeing fresh revisions i.e. Makoto's Hayate no Red Hawk is just one powerful strike now instead of 3 strikes.
- Color Separation (excluding Makoto). Currently looking at getting Fuuma and Hanzo done first.
- More Special Intros?? Nah... maybe. :evilgrin:

I will be working on these updates in time once I gather the resources. But for now, here comes a new challenger!

I got more planned but I'll share when the time is right. Stay tuned! :)

I thought that you cancelled your Demitri char, nice to know that it wasn't like that (Finally someone is gonna give Jin some love :D)
Suprizle's WipHouse: Character Updates!
#284  October 28, 2019, 04:25:13 am
    • Canada
I thought that you cancelled your Demitri char, nice to know that it wasn't like that (Finally someone is gonna give Jin some love :D)

Fair assessment. Tbh, I wasn't sure if I was coming back either. But I like where Mugen/Ikemen is headed right now in terms of development. And tell me about it! Jin's been disrespected for far too long and I ain't havin' it. BUT, this is 10+ years of concepts and ideas finally coming together so this will NOT be short of fan service and gameplay goodies. Trust me! :)
#285  October 28, 2019, 05:08:14 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I thought you was dead. I mean like stopped with MUGEN completely. Good to see that you are still working on your old stuff!
#286  October 28, 2019, 07:25:59 am
    • USA
Your back!
#287  October 28, 2019, 02:15:10 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I assume you'll make Hanzo's Intro compatible with DW's Hiryu, if you get the go-ahead?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#288  October 28, 2019, 02:22:52 pm
    • Morocco
So glad you're back Kojiro,im diggin that progress on Jin.Also his small port is sick.
#289  October 28, 2019, 06:17:06 pm
    • Canada
You can thank the homie HadeS for that portrait!

I assume you'll make Hanzo's Intro compatible with DW's Hiryu, if you get the go-ahead?

In the works, my friend! :)

I thought you was dead. I mean like stopped with MUGEN completely. Good to see that you are still working on your old stuff!

I tend to keep personal projects close no matter how much time has passed. Not finishing would be a regret.

I never did post about what his gameplay will be like. Here's some small info.

Jin Saotome

- He will have a mixture of CVS and MVC2 gameplay elements (primarily CVS/Suprizle Style).
- He'll be a little more combo/set-up friendly as opposed to his MVC2 counterpart.
- A new special. Namely what I call the Saotome Slash.
It won't do an insane amount of damage, but it can be used to setup or extend combos.
- His movements are still light but his attacks will feel heavy. You'll see what I mean eventually.

That's all I'll share for now. More to come in a few days.
Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:21:19 pm by Suprizle
#290  October 31, 2019, 02:37:31 am
    • Canada
As I was working on his specials, I was reminded to put up his palette sheet. I added the suit colors from Jin's Saotome Dynamite special to Davismaximus' sheet and updated a few of my own colors. Wanna liven him up, here you go.

Default CS

Speaking of Saotome Dynamite, I added separate colors for the body parts to spice things up so I expect some unique takes on this. Here are some examples.

I should be able to post some gameplay footage soon!
#291  October 31, 2019, 01:41:35 pm
    • Morocco
Could've sworn HadeS made it.Here 1 pal for now
Ky Kiske Inspired

You might check the blade's color,its 2&3 shade seems to be sharing with the hair & waistband.Also the template you posted had its palette messed up.
#292  October 31, 2019, 04:21:21 pm
    • Canada
Ugh.. Corel wins again. But yeah, Davis CS'd Jin and Hades made the portrait.

Cool palette none the less! I'll not have be lazy and add the Flame FX colors as well anyway so I'll look to update the sheet later on.
Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 05:47:12 pm by Suprizle
#293  November 01, 2019, 06:19:44 am
    • Canada
So his palette sheet is sorta updated.

His flame effects were added as well as his taunt that I colored myself earlier (what an up close joy that was). But I'm having troubles getting the image to maintain the palette index. Some colors keep picking up on the odd index when it was correct the first time. I'll need to come up with a new method I suppose.

Anyway, the index is definitely screwed but this is the idea.
#294  November 01, 2019, 02:57:51 pm
    • Morocco
Jin totally needs more love.Here are some more pals
NESTS Kyo

Tekken4 Jin

That One Commando

Here's the template i used for these pals.Just add the flame colors and you should be set.

DW

#295  November 03, 2019, 07:29:15 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's a nice CS.... But it's in that range where I get discouraged to make pals for it lol. I'll try to crack one out. That small pic is great. Hades does great work. I think he's done like almost all of the ones for my own chars lol. Looking forward to more progress and good luck with everything.
Re: Suprizle's WipHouse: Jin Saotome!
#296  November 04, 2019, 07:56:22 am
    • Canada
Thanks DW! He's making great progress so far. I may have to get Jin's sprites done sooner than I anticipated.

Yeah, Hades' portraits are dope. I basically go to him exclusively now if he's free. And I don't blame you brotha, Corel Paintshop ain't it for palette sheets. Very painful experience. I did switch to Photoshop and put together a new template a few days ago and I see that it did retain the color index (or at least what's needed). Try this one out. I'll attempt more myself tomorrow evening.

Jin totally needs more love.Here are some more pals
NESTS Kyo

Tekken4 Jin

That One Commando

Here's the template i used for these pals.Just add the flame colors and you should be set.

Thank you for these. That Jin Kazama palette is amazing!
Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:04:03 am by Suprizle
#297  November 04, 2019, 11:50:08 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
You have a few issues in the updated template.

A lot of the pixels on the back of his jacket in the punching sprite share colors with his effects and the Hot Skin in one case along with the studs , some of Blodia's arm shares color with the inside of its interface and a few pixels on his scarf share the darkest color with his waistband.
#298  November 04, 2019, 07:25:57 pm
    • Canada
Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:36:41 pm by Suprizle
#299  November 11, 2019, 12:11:40 am
oh wow jin! one of my favorite chars!
#300  November 22, 2019, 10:09:39 pm
    • Canada
Definitely one of my all time favorites. This will be my biggest passion project/character up to date, no doubt.

Anyway, I been diving a bit into Ikemen and updating my overall Mugen roster (man did character creators get noticeably better in just a few years). But this post doesn't come without goodies.

Character Updates

- I'll only be coding my characters for Mugen 1.0+ moving forward (literally no one should be using anything older at this point). With that said, I need some Win Quotes to add to each of my characters. You got some ideas, post them below. My characters are the following.

Fuuma Kotaro (World Heroes)
Hanzo Hattori (World Heroes)
Mai-Ling (Red Earth/Warzard)
Makoto (SF3)
Demitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers)
Jin Saotome (MVC)

- Level 2 Supers (green aura/slight more powerful level 1 supers) will more than likely be eliminated. I'm still working this out, but I don't sense the need for it at this point.

- Fuuma and Hanzo are now color separated and have new palette sheets. Much thanks and credit to Rurouni. I don't have any new palettes made yet, so go fuckin ham!

Hanzo

Fuuma

- Color Separations are finished and/or set for all characters except for Mai-Ling. I'm still looking to commission her sprites as well, so if interested you know what to do.

I'll be in the middle of a move (again...) soon. So aside from working on Jin and Demitri, don't expect much progress outside of that for the next few weeks.
Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:16:39 pm by Suprizle