YesNoOk

Contributor Suggestion Thread (Read 1472580 times)

Started by Cybaster, September 03, 2007, 09:26:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Democracy Thread
#101  November 04, 2007, 02:50:33 pm
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
[url=http://www.stephenmitchellbooks.com/transAdapt/taoTeChing.html]Stephen Mitchell[/url] said:
When some folks are called saints, other folks think of themselves as sinners. When one fellow is called wise, others imagine that there is something they need to know. The Master doesn't have these categories; for her, no one is wise or holy; thus, in her presence everyone feels at home.

If you want to look at it that way, also see "Leecher and Creator."

Yep, I know.  Actually, I just wanted to know, specifically, why Bia considers the title to be more harmful than good.  =P
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )

Bea

#102  November 04, 2007, 10:28:24 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Because I see no point on having it given the "new" guild policy.
It gives you a purple star (which I think should be pink. :P) and more inbox space. And it's supposed to tell people you did stuff, but anyone can make stuff.
Pretty useless.

It had a point when there where a private board to share knowledge and things you were working onto and wanted to have people with "knowledge of cause" to look at it and report some feedback.
Now it has none.

That's it. :P

Also, no one's interested in math anymore.  :'( I had to find a way protest.  :'(
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#103  November 05, 2007, 10:35:37 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Also, no one's interested in math anymore.  :'( I had to find a way protest.  :'(
I am, but not in Mugen. 8) Why would one want to compute optical flow using Multi resolution Lucas Kanade algorithm with the Mugen engine ???

Bea

#104  November 05, 2007, 05:31:33 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#105  November 15, 2007, 12:38:01 pm
    • France
Or because it's just near impossible. :P I'd rather use my TI92 to do this job rather then Mugen. ^_^

DemonicDrPhil
Good attitude, gives feedback, has released an alpha of his yoshi (well, it's been quite a time already he's been releasing alpha versions in the WIP topic, whatever...)

Ryanide
See Narayan Maxime's WIP topic for further information.
#106  November 15, 2007, 12:39:39 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 02:08:16 pm by K.O.D
#107  November 15, 2007, 10:26:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
+1 to teehee.
#108  November 16, 2007, 01:08:41 am
    • Germany
[url=http://www.stephenmitchellbooks.com/transAdapt/taoTeChing.html]Stephen Mitchell[/url] said:
When some folks are called saints, other folks think of themselves as sinners. When one fellow is called wise, others imagine that there is something they need to know. The Master doesn't have these categories; for her, no one is wise or holy; thus, in her presence everyone feels at home.

However, the number of individuals inspired by those they call saints greatly outweights the sulking sinners. Also, what do we care about those who sulk, they usually just go out of our sight. And yeah this isn't a real quote but apparently, but it appears to be more important this way.

:yesgoi:
#109  November 16, 2007, 10:11:13 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
All done. Even though! Teehee has something slightly unnerving from time to time. And I still haven't tried Terry.

All includes Ryanide, DemonicDrPhil, Tee Hee Hee/hjk and--ah, Bia.

If we accepted your arguments as convincing enough, Bia, we would have to remove the membergroup throughout the forum. If we remove it just from you or a handful of persons we really make it pointless.

It's a little pointless, all right, no arguing with that. But as you must have noticed, the only argument in this topic describing the harm the gimmick brings was posted by mself, by which I meant not to answer Winane's question because

Yep, I know.  Actually, I just wanted to know, specifically, why Bia considers the title to be more harmful than good.  =P

yes, I knew that you knew (and I suspect you knew that I knew you knew and just wanted to give Bia no escape from replying), I just wanted to say (aimed not at you but at Bia and the general public) what I'm now saying longer here with this post:

We (as in "the administration" [*shudder*]) are aware of the harm it might do and judge it small enough to still have the title anyway, even if it should really just be a gimmick with no real uses whatsoever. We've considered that.

Since you did not answer Winane's question (Q: How is it harmful? A: It has no purpose, is pointless) and there was no discernable personal reason in your posts or chat comments why to exclude you personally from it, you're back in.

P.S.: On the topic of uselessness/necessity several quotes reside in my awareness (sliiiightly off-topic =D):

Well of course they aren't needed. Life is full of things of stuff we don't need, but we like having them anyways

Kurt Vonnegut, [i]The Sirens of Titan[/i] (1959) said:
And these poor creatures were obsessed by the idea that everything that existed had to have a purpose, and that some purposes were higher than others.

These creatures spent most of their time trying to find out what their purpose was. And every time they found out what seemed to be a purpose of themselves, the purpose seemed so low that the creatures were filled with disgust and shame.

And, rather than serve such a low purpose, the creatures would make a machine to serve it. This left the creatures free to serve higher purposes. But whenever they found a higher purpose, the purpose still wasn't high enough.

So machines were made to serve higher purposes, too.

And the machines did everything so expertly that they were finally given the job of finding out what the highest purpose of the creatures could be.

The machines reported in all honesty that the creatures couldn't really be said to have any purpose at all.

The creatures thereupon began slaying each other, because they hated purposeless things above all else.

Ursula K. Le Guin, [i]The Lathe of Heaven[/i] (1971) said:
“[…] Things don't have purposes, as if the universe were a machine, where every part has a useful function. What's the function of a galaxy? […]�?

Gertrude Stein said:
Art has no function. It is not necessary. It has nothing to do with what anyone wants you to do or wants it to be, nothing but you and itself. The work generates itself and ideas and progress and learning come out of doing the work in a particular way. Creative art is a learning process for the artist and not a description of what is already known. An audience is always warming but it must never be necessary to your work. The work needs concentration and one is often exhausted by it. It takes so much effort just to begin and although going on is mostly a pleasure it is also a great effort. The only thing for a creative artist to do is to do his chosen work. But really there is no choice. Nobody chooses. The only thing left for a creative artist to do is to do his chosen work in spite of everything and regardless of anything because when living draws to its end there are no excuses he can make to himself or to anyone else for not having done it. Either he did do it or he did not do it and very often he did not. Alas very often he did not.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)

Bea

#110  November 16, 2007, 12:13:39 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Ah... I see. :)

Then it's time to start exploiting some small grammar quircks in the Membergroups & staff members topic.

So, let us take a look at the Membergroups & staff members, shall we? ^_^

Contributor

Users who are more actively contributing something to the MUGEN community than people who just download stuff and play all day (not that there's anything wrong with users who just want to play!).

Please notice the emphasis. ^_^

Since I haven't release anything in about 9 months and 18 days, I'm not currently contributing to mugen as it's implied that one must be doing in order to get and maintain the contributor title. ^_^

So, either you drop my title, for the contributor description doesn't fit my current situation, or you change the description and drop the present tense of the verb and change it to perfect present tense. :P

So... your turn now, Sepp. :P

#111  November 16, 2007, 12:34:48 pm
    • France
This is becoming a LOL competition. ;D

Also, showing proof of your work is often enough to get/maintain the title, and you showed very recently that you were actively working on SF2Nes Gouki (not Akuma >:) ).

Also, the last release of SF2Nes was 9 months and 18 days ago ? Wow, time passes so quickly. o_O

Bea

#112  November 16, 2007, 12:37:11 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
This is becoming a LOL competition. ;D

Also, showing proof of your work is often enough to get/maintain the title, and you showed very recently that you were actively working on SF2Nes Gouki (not Akuma >:) ).

Also, the last release of SF2Nes was 9 months and 18 days ago ? Wow, time passes so quickly. o_O

So, we are going to award people who post unfinished wips the contributor title now? :D

And yes, the last update was released on January, 28th. :)

Edit: In fact, you'd be happy if my title was dropped. Guild can keep it. As long as I don't have it, I'll be fine with it.

hjk

#113  November 16, 2007, 12:57:54 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
Ryanide
See Narayan Maxime's WIP topic for further information.

Tee Hee Hee/hjk

He give's feedback,codes A.I and also coded my terry's A.I + he's a all around nice guy.

+1 to teehee.

Thank you so much guys  :sugoi:. I'm glad that I have yoour support.  ;D   ;D   ;D

BTW the newest update to Terry, has the more proper random combo code ^_^

All done. Even though! Teehee has something slightly unnerving from time to time. And I still haven't tried Terry.

All includes Ryanide, DemonicDrPhil, Tee Hee Hee/hjk and--ah, Bia.

There is something stlightly unnervinng about me even to myself I admit. I have been trying to control myself through either making disturbing 'funnyish' posts, or else by hinting at certain things I have a problem with. It stems from some serious family strains.

I actually was hoping to patch a few things up that were left unfinished here on the forum. I have already made peace with many other "old chums" but I'll have to see how the other things turn out as well.

Thanks for allowing me to become a Contributor Sepp and thanks again KOD, R[E]ika, and "Fan" for being there to support me  ;)... and you Val, Walt, PotS, Cybaster, and Winane for showing the ropes.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 01:02:08 pm by Tee Hee Hee
#114  November 18, 2007, 05:15:43 am
  • Coming Soon?
Wasn't aware we were supposed to give acceptance speeches...in that case I would like to thank the acadamy...I mean Cybaster for the nod.

Which way to the secret Pr0n forum?
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#115  November 18, 2007, 03:41:29 pm
So, either you drop my title, for the contributor description doesn't fit my current situation, or you change the description and drop the present tense of the verb and change it to perfect present tense. :P

So... your turn now, Sepp. :P
I would vote for simple past
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane

hjk

#116  November 18, 2007, 05:47:47 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
Wasn't aware we were supposed to give acceptance speeches...in that case I would like to thank the acadamy...I mean Cybaster for the nod.

Which way to the secret Pr0n forum?

I'm a weirdo, what can I say  :-\.

That's just the way I am... on the soccer field for every goal I score I say thanks to a whole bunch of people who started the play  ;D
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
#117  November 18, 2007, 06:27:03 pm
no mang, it's them who should thank you because the ball touched your foot before the goal is scored
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#118  November 18, 2007, 06:37:34 pm
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
And I would most rightfully be titled Future Contributor. Oh wait, I made a character in 2001 and some stages in years <= 2005. Um, Once and Future Contributor.
#119  November 26, 2007, 08:36:09 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#120  November 26, 2007, 08:44:19 pm
    • Germany
yeah I thought about that, too. however, an ip is worthless except for comparison purposes, and invalid after 24h max... so duh.