Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan by Team Z2 project thread
#601  October 26, 2012, 07:56:10 am
  • Not for sale
#602  October 26, 2012, 08:20:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Future Gohan's tits are pretty rockin too
#603  October 26, 2012, 08:25:56 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
still on one armed gohan? it's a dumb concept. spriting a character with one arm can make doing moves with punches annoying as hell to work out. totally different with a person with a sword.
#604  October 26, 2012, 09:28:09 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Baby Gohan
Kid Gohan (Piccolo training, orange)
Kid Gohan (Piccolo training, purple, white bandana)
Kid Gohan (purple, bowl-cut)
Kid Gohan (Saiyan Armor)
Teen Gohan (Purple/SSJ1/SSJ2, shoulder pads maybe)
Teen Gohan (Goku training/SSJ Armor)
Teen Gohan (Orange/Movie 9)
Adult Gohan (School outfit)
Great Saiyaman
Adult Gohan (black suit/GSM top lost)
Mystic Gohan (Supreme Kai uniform)
Mystic Gohan (Orange)
Mirai Gohan (one arm)
Adult Gohan (GT, LOL)

There, take your pick.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#605  October 26, 2012, 09:51:02 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
 Baby Gohan.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#606  October 26, 2012, 10:18:36 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I just realized my joke about Baby Gohan after eating the fruit would probably make an awesome bonus stage for any character if this was a full-game where you fight all that trippy stuff he was hallucinating. Round two you'd fight the blue triceratopa thingy and when he dies he'd blow up into a bunch of tiny copies of himself dancing.

Also Baby Gohan as a character would need this

#607  October 26, 2012, 04:28:58 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
Well, I've noticed that Fighter Factory 3 allows you to apply alphas to any color in a palette. Now whether or not that will work in mugen is still debatable. I may have to do an experiment when I return from my weekly gaming session, tonight. I mean, it obviously still won't work with Gohan's arm(s) because of what you already said. But, if it works, it could open some new possibilities in costuming and color separation.
That has absolutely nothing to do with making one arm transparent on the whole sprite.

Pretty sure I already acknowledged that.
#608  October 26, 2012, 04:33:25 pm
It's not just for Gohan, AFAIK the alpha transparency would apply to the whole sprite, so that's entirely disconnected from making alt costumes from color separation, it wouldn't select specific ranges of color slots on the palette to make the associated pixels transparent. And even if there was something that could do that, it still wouldn't be usable for alternate costumes since when a part of a costume would get in front of, say, the face, the alt costume would hypothetically turn those pixels transparent but there wouldn't be any head behind that to become visible depending on the palette/costume. Gohan's arm is just a side-effect of that.

It doesn't work as layers where you can turn one top layer invisible for the other bottom layer to become visible. It's a flat sprite with pixels that may turn invisible, but what's behind that is the background only (or other effects).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:36:33 pm by DKDC
#609  October 26, 2012, 05:10:46 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
lol the arm would be a helper so that it would flip correctly.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#610  October 26, 2012, 05:13:34 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
It's not just for Gohan, AFAIK the alpha transparency would apply to the whole sprite, so that's entirely disconnected from making alt costumes from color separation, it wouldn't select specific ranges of color slots on the palette to make the associated pixels transparent. And even if there was something that could do that, it still wouldn't be usable for alternate costumes since when a part of a costume would get in front of, say, the face, the alt costume would hypothetically turn those pixels transparent but there wouldn't be any head behind that to become visible depending on the palette/costume. Gohan's arm is just a side-effect of that.

It doesn't work as layers where you can turn one top layer invisible for the other bottom layer to become visible. It's a flat sprite with pixels that may turn invisible, but what's behind that is the background only (or other effects).

It obviously wouldn't be possible for making parts on a single sprite invisible. But would work for separated elements such as making Captain America's shield appear to be made of energy instead of solid matter. But, all that is simply theory, and can't be applied in mugen because *drumroll* while FF3 allows you to apply alpha channels to individual colors in a palette, (click spoiler for proof of concept)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Mugen(1.0) either does not recognize the alpha channels in the .act file, or FF3 doesn't include the alpha channels when saving .act files. And therefore, this doesn't work in mugen. But I needed time to actually try it out, I couldn't do so from my phone. And now I know, and knowing is half the battle. Failure is always an option. :rugoi:
#611  October 26, 2012, 05:18:43 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
No, Balthazar just has to sprite the sprites twice à la Gill. ::)

Or maybe people could just drop the conversation since sprites flip all the time in fighting games where both arms or legs are not symmetric. Nobody ever complained (Shigen in Last Blade comes to mind).
Or even better : since Balthazar is NOT going to sprite one-armed Gohan, but rather Saiyaman Costume Gohan (which is much better and original), why is this still going on ?

Also, FF3 allowing alpha channels is probably either for testing purpose for the effects, or more probably for Mugen 1.1, which does accept RGBA sprites in PNG format.
#612  October 26, 2012, 05:52:46 pm
If we're talking helpers, transparency through the code is already possible on those even without alpha channel on the palette, and it can be triggered by palette or facing. But alt costume through helpers is just like transformations, it breaks with custom gethit animations.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#613  October 26, 2012, 06:32:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
New wip, when selected with Start pressed goku will get a halo.
#614  October 26, 2012, 09:05:37 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
#615  May 26, 2013, 09:40:57 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Wow! very interesting character. :3
#616  May 26, 2013, 09:47:04 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I can't test a character because nothing has written in his def file, please do so so I can try this out
#617  May 26, 2013, 09:51:47 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
That's weird, i'm already testing it. :3
#618  May 26, 2013, 09:55:29 pm
Chamat, you fooled me! Hahahah, I thought you really were Koopakoot.

23/09/2013:
Chamat and Koopakoot, both with the same avatar, released a nice bunch of sprites; but, because of Chamat's obsession of deleting his posts for whatever reason (there's none) and Koopakoot, deleting his posts as well, you, guy who is reading this, won't understand a shit. .Secret link in this post!.
Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:22:55 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#619  May 26, 2013, 10:02:00 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
The LEGohanZ2.def is still blank. :)
#620  May 26, 2013, 10:06:20 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
* Cybaster looks into the *Chamat* folder.

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN !!!!
:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

LOL Awesome !!! :D