• USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
I say 10 more frames, but whatever
Spriting is hard.
Re: Gohan Z2
#1343  September 27, 2013, 01:34:00 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Alright, it's settled, Diepod will redraw the stance and make it awesome and many many frames >:)

I'm redoing the second kick of his Hurricane Kick. It's basicly his second Rising Hurricane Kick rotated to a horizontal angle, with some edits. I was really starting to hate those original sprites!

I also wanted to give him a new cool strong kick finisher (strong kick x2, like SSJ Goku's SK kick combo), but I realised I'm really starting to hate spriting Goku/Gohan Z2 stuff. I need to move on :P!
Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:27:14 pm by Balthazar
#1344  September 27, 2013, 05:18:31 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
#1345  September 27, 2013, 06:01:12 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
But first he'll send me the new hurricane kick sprites.
#1346  September 27, 2013, 07:04:28 pm
    • Netherlands
Ill send them when they're done (the animation just shows the roughs, if you didn't see it)
#1347  September 27, 2013, 07:21:03 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I saw it... :blank:
#1348  September 27, 2013, 09:45:10 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:51:30 pm by BlueSunStudios
#1349  September 27, 2013, 10:01:17 pm
    • Netherlands
Nah the whole point would've been to make him more unique. Reusing yet another one of Goku's animations isn't gonna help that.
#1350  September 28, 2013, 12:21:30 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I'm not sure how the Z2 style is, but maybe a suggestion for an attack to make him a bit more different than Goku?
How about a medium, low, high kick combo? Taki in Soul Caliber II has a combo like that and I absolutely love it. Seems like a good idea.
She jumps up a little and spins to the right (meaning the opponent would get hit with the back of the foot, not the front) with her right leg extended and when she lands she lets herself get low to the ground, while spinning still, for a low kick with the same leg, then just does a spinning high kick while coming back up with the same leg.

Actually, pretty much all of Taki's attacks in Soul Caliber II are a good reference for Gohan.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#1351  September 28, 2013, 12:45:55 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Stance looks perfectly fine to me. Doesn't need any more frames, but I definitely think there is some room for improvement in the timing of the animation. Even subtle tweaking can make a huge difference.

Here's what I got after fiddling with the timings a bit:

You could even get something like this:

I didn't draw a single pixel. There's more to animation than just adding frames.

Bottom one. BOTTOM ONE!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1352  September 28, 2013, 12:56:12 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Bottom one behave like he has parkinson.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#1353  September 28, 2013, 01:00:06 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Bottom one behave like he has parkinson.

LOL Hmmm... how about an animation that cycles through both of them?? That would be cool. The funny thing is that there are tons of references that I could make right now, but my brain has been shut off for the past three hours. :(

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#1354  September 28, 2013, 01:00:39 am
    • France
I chose the top one for now. I don't think the bottom one fits Gohan's persona very well.
#1355  September 28, 2013, 01:11:34 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+

#1356  September 28, 2013, 01:29:14 am
    • France
Hopefully before 2014, but nothing is never set in stone with Z2 team. :P
#1357  September 28, 2013, 01:32:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I want my majin vegeta cybaster, dont make me cut you.
#1358  September 28, 2013, 02:20:36 am
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
Don't consider either animation as 'final' or even a serious suggestion, really. I just wanted to explain visually that you can change the feel of an animation a lot by just tweaking the timings a little. I don't know anything about Dragonball Z. :P
#1359  September 28, 2013, 02:24:07 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Hopefully before 2014, but nothing is never set in stone with Z2 team. :P

Nothing wrong with that. You can't rush quality, that's for sure. Knowing that he is in the masterful hands of you and Balthazar is a relaxing thought indeed. I look forward to the final result; the wait will be worth it. ;D

#1360  September 28, 2013, 02:24:47 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
this is off topic but you should really pickup some "original" comic book characters and rework their animation timing, you would make some characters get really better just with a bit of animation know how.