YesNoOk

Gohan Z2 [Project] (Read 494407 times)

Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan Z2
#1481  October 15, 2013, 05:37:54 pm
  • Not for sale
The Gotens colliding sounds great. Do it! I also think Gohan should look up as Goten jumps up on his shoulders and kicks off.
#1482  October 15, 2013, 05:40:39 pm
I also think Gohan should look up as Goten jumps up on his shoulders and kicks off.
I don't think that's necessary, if he's going to look up and then down again, plus he should be looking at his opponent.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1483  October 15, 2013, 10:12:05 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
Gohan being able to dash backwards while super-jumping? He is definitely going to be easier to play with that way :).
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1484  October 15, 2013, 11:49:23 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Yeah man he can airdash into any direction he'd like (except diagonal). And you know he has the double airdash.
So you can totally do things like dash up, then forward;  or forward, then backwards;  or up, then down.
I also didn't post this finished walkcycle yet. Here it is.

Not perfect, has some issues, but I can live with it. I'm already happy I finished a walkcycle in just 2 days.
#1485  October 16, 2013, 12:02:14 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Lookin' Good Balthy.

Will his Air Dashes be like the other Z2 Characters? Or would we be able to cancel out of air attacks to create longer combos?
(Launcher -> Air MK -> Dash Cancel -> Air MK -> Dash Cancel -> Some other move, Just an example of what I mean)
#1486  October 16, 2013, 10:05:49 am
    • Netherlands
Well nope, the example you mentioned won't be possible. But you can at least always have one extra Strong Kick which makes it pretty powerful
(launcher > jumping LK, MKx2, SK, uf+SK, for instance).
#1487  October 16, 2013, 11:54:51 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
I also noticed that Gohan can chain his SK from his c.SP like Goku's Smash Elbow and then a Snap Kick afterwards. Was that intentional or a coincidence?
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1488  October 16, 2013, 12:15:30 pm
    • Netherlands
You bet your ass that was intentional.
#1489  October 16, 2013, 06:41:00 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Is the Great Saiyaman planned to be a playable character? Because I just came up with some really good system mechanics for him...sucks I can't sprite lol.(I can giveyou the rundown if you wannahear it anyway.)   
#1490  October 16, 2013, 06:42:40 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Not planned. Balthazar is not respriting the whole character, and we're not making Gohan twice anyway.
#1491  October 16, 2013, 06:46:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"scraps docs for ssj3 gohan"
#1492  October 16, 2013, 06:54:19 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Aww...It was really good, too...
#1493  October 16, 2013, 08:53:00 pm
    • Netherlands
Well too bad, Gohan was already an 'accident' and I'd MUCH rather spend my time on another, not-Gohan character.
That said, I did some tinkering around his Finishers, I changed them up a little bit. In the end, they were mostly the same, but with some changes (All of these take place after the Butterfly Smash of his initial Ranbu move, which ends with the enemy being smacked downwards from the air):

FINISHER #1 -Hi-Ex Blast Fist                     FINISHER #2 -Devil's Punishment       FINISHER #3 -Team Kamehameha

I'll see what we're gonna do with the twin Kamehameha beams. It will be cool to have them twirl around, as Iced suggested.
So far, Gohan is the most brutal character, having fatalaties for all three of his Finishers! (Hi-Ex Blast Fist makes them explode, and both the Full-Power Masenko and Team Kamehameha disintergrate the enemy).
#1494  October 16, 2013, 08:57:15 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
 :computer: Holy fuck!
I don't wanna sound like a kiss-ass but, I gotta say it, extraordinary

#1495  October 16, 2013, 09:15:39 pm
Yeah, at this point Gohan's forte isn't just mobility and kicking, it's all-around beatdown. Goku being just well rounded in a bit of everything, a showcase of random abilities, and Vegeta being all projectile. Going back to the discussion from a few weeks back about his emotion system, Just an all around hitcount lift (or even just one thing in that direction) is definitely the way to go, even if it's just "repeating a second kick".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:19:22 pm by DKDC
#1496  October 16, 2013, 10:11:19 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
Cool animations and ideas!

As for the team kamehame, i would suggest another idea... maybe more easy to sprite
Instead of the beams twirling, they could just make a big kamehame, so big that it digs trough the ground as it advances.
So you could just cut the lower part of the beam and add earth effects like Hulk earthquake sprites for example.
#1497  October 16, 2013, 10:16:49 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
It's been done a lot.
The twirling beams would be amazing

#1498  October 16, 2013, 10:57:18 pm
Twirling kamehamehas + one big kamehameha?
#1499  October 16, 2013, 11:47:45 pm
    • USA
Those animations look amazing!
#1500  October 17, 2013, 10:55:06 am
    • Netherlands
How does this look for some swirling Kamehameha action? There can perhaps be some additional effects that swirl around both beams.