Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan Z2
#1561  October 26, 2013, 05:12:35 pm
#1562  October 26, 2013, 05:32:23 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Jesus Fucking Christ, man, how hard is it to look inside the spoiler which is situated DIRECTLY under the image?
Ugh, why do I still even try?
#1563  October 26, 2013, 06:10:08 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
My guess is that he didnt want to be spoiled.  :smug:

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#1564  October 26, 2013, 06:18:55 pm
  • "Um...I hope you like your...smashed...death Ray!"
    • USA
    • bowser1388@yahoo.com
Sorry, my internet's limited to my Nintendo Wii, which doesn't like to show some things on here.  My PC currently lacks firefox and a whole lot of boring stuff for internet, so yeah.

Also this guy!
My guess is that he didnt want to be spoiled.  :smug:

"Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into a part of yourself. Let it solidify you and make you stronger."
                     http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1
Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 06:29:09 pm by SuperGohanSunderland
#1565  October 26, 2013, 10:50:16 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
That's a nice new sprite there. And yeah, I tried picturing the arms switched around and it does look weird...it would also be weird if Gohan's tail grew out of nowhere.
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1566  October 26, 2013, 11:23:28 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
If I'd change anything about the crouch sprite: I'd move his left arm, an place it on the ground in between both legs, for more support. but honestly, even that isn't necessary.. at all..! It's a great pose. Nice job :yes:
#1567  October 27, 2013, 12:06:27 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I think the new crouching pose is kinda okay. Not too natural for a crouching, but it works too, maybe give the impression that he's also prepared when he's crouching. Only thing that bothered me at first is his left arm, not sure why.

Shit
#1568  October 27, 2013, 01:32:29 am
    • USA
    • bowser1388@yahoo.com
I actually got a little curious about how it would look with arms switched, so I took the liberty of modifying. Here's the results.

One on the left is obviously the original. Sorry if my sprite editing is lacking.
Btw, love the new signature Balth.

"Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into a part of yourself. Let it solidify you and make you stronger."
Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:42:28 am by SuperGohanSunderland
#1569  October 27, 2013, 02:33:09 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
This is why the crouching sprite should be left as is. It's a nice edit, but it looks real awkward like that. Maybe if gohan was leaning the other way with those positions for his arms it would look better.
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1570  October 27, 2013, 02:39:26 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Goku:"Gohan why are you pretending to be piccolo"
#1571  October 27, 2013, 02:00:55 am
    • USA
    • bowser1388@yahoo.com
That's glorious.^
 Yeah, I felt it looked a little awkward, but just thought it would be an interesting test.

#1572  October 27, 2013, 09:03:53 am
The original one is better. Also, İ like Goku mentioning about Piccolo's stance.
#1573  October 27, 2013, 12:29:02 pm
  • Not for sale
I think the "problem" is that Gohan's body isn't actually in the "correct" positioning. His body is facing the opponent, rather than the fourth wall so the stance appears fairly different from the source image.

That said, the sprite doesn't have to directly mimic the source to work. I'm glad Gohan is getting so many unique animations. When you look at it objectively, that is, not comparing it to the source image, it looks pretty cool.
#1574  October 28, 2013, 12:35:36 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
By the way Balthazar, I have about two questions about Gohan's Wing Mega Kick. Is the opponent bounce-juggled, sent spinning, or nothing special when it hits them? And is it possible to successfully chain Special Moves/Super Moves from it?
By the way I tried editing the crouching stance just a teeny bit and this is what I got:

Here's a comparison between the original and my edit.
Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 01:34:32 am by BlueSunStudios
#1575  October 28, 2013, 08:57:16 am
Won't that sprite make it difficult for Balthazar to sprite other transitional frames? Not only for the stand-to-crouch animation, but also for the other attacks?

That head you used (its shading) seems familiar... to me... because I shaded it... but whatever.
Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:06:32 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#1576  October 28, 2013, 09:02:02 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
...Hyper Dimension stance. Reworking on that edit.
#1577  October 28, 2013, 09:12:02 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
While your edited crouch sprite looks alright, it's not practical at all. If you're fighting someone, would you ever turn your back against them?
When I said 'trust me' about changing the pose to be more practical, why can't you all just TRUST me? Now look what's happened, another page full of fussing about some pose! Why don't any other threads get this kind of crap?

Wing Kick Mega spin-knock-outs the enemy, but they are still hitable with any of his Supers you can chain into right after it hits (Masenko, lv2 Kame and SDS). You'll be able to find out any of that in new upcoming videos, or when he is released. Keep your pants on!
#1578  October 28, 2013, 09:15:21 am
I trust you. :)
#1579  October 28, 2013, 10:07:08 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Why don't any other threads get this kind of crap?
Because they love you.  Now, about that M on Majin Vegeta...

Seriously though, think of it just as how much people want this to be as close to perfect as possible.  That said....the pose it fine, no further changes are really needed.
#1580  October 28, 2013, 10:31:50 am
Balthazar is an Great skilled sprite artist. İt's just not right that some are commenting like "do it like this or do it like that." Being excited is another case but, he already asks for idea's and suggestions when he needs, wants. İ know Balthazar for a couple years over the internet now, We do talk from time to time, he is the kind of guy that reads anything before he says/does something. So tell Me here really, could You except a bad creation from him?