YesNoOk

Captain Marvel (Update 7/16/2019) (Read 14546 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, March 08, 2019, 01:49:06 pm
Share this topic:
Captain Marvel (Update 7/16/2019)
#1  March 08, 2019, 01:49:06 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

Featuring:
- MvCI voice.
- 8-way air dash.
- New hypers: Power Blaster, Strike Flurry and Stellar Strike.
- New specials: Photon Absorber (loosely based on its MvCI version).
- New variants of Photon Blast.
- Advancing Guard.
- More effects!
- Usual mechanic improvements that I added in most of my works (damage dampen, better corner push, juggle system,...).

And special thanks go to these guys:
Ultraroboninja & ZVitor for the based character.
RicePigeon and Nep Heart for gameplay references as well as some based codes.
Reuben Kee for some of the effects.
SUPERFERNANDOXT for the hyper port.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15hoYIironYD8ZCf6iuOyy9zcr6TD0KMi
Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 05:33:41 pm by Mr. Giang
Re: Captain Marvel (Remastered)
#2  March 08, 2019, 07:16:35 pm
    • Brazil
She causes my MUGEN to crash, no error message, I use 1.1.
#3  March 08, 2019, 11:36:00 pm
WOW! Amazing.... fabulous work with coding, you rock friend...
#4  March 09, 2019, 09:17:27 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
#5  March 09, 2019, 08:21:30 pm
    • Brazil

Still happening, but I think I found when does it happen. If I try to use her energy beam special twice too fast, it will happen as I use the command for the second one. Seems to happen only with the ones going up and down, the forward one doesn't trigger that.
#6  March 10, 2019, 01:53:34 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
It doesn't happen on my side (both with MUGEN 1.1 and 1.1b). Also, video is ded :/
Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 02:27:26 am by Mr.Giang
#7  March 10, 2019, 02:24:33 am
    • Brazil
It does happen on my side (both with MUGEN 1.1 and 1.1b). Also, video is ded :/
Good, I'm hoping for a fix soon, this seems like one of your best updates. Also, yeah, I made the mistake of putting the video as private, instead of not listed, it should show up now.
#8  March 10, 2019, 02:31:01 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Good, I'm hoping for a fix soon, this seems like one of your best updates. Also, yeah, I made the mistake of putting the video as private, instead of not listed, it should show up now.

Actually, I meant it didn't happen on my side (it was a typo). That's really weird as I can't make that glitch happen. The debug doesn't show anything fishy either. Have you tried that again with an unmodified MUGEN build?
Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 01:54:12 pm by Mr.Giang
#9  March 10, 2019, 02:46:53 am
    • Brazil

I atually, I meant it didn't happen on my side (it was a typo). That's really weird as I can't make that glitch happen. The debug doesn't show anything fishy either. Have you tried that again with an unmodified MUGEN build?
Unmodified? Unless you're talking about a screenpack and lifebars, I didn't change anything.
#10  March 10, 2019, 04:36:42 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Unmodified? Unless you're talking about a screenpack and lifebars, I didn't change anything.

I suggest you test her again in a fresh 1.1b build as it is possible that you have modified something without knowing. I have tested her so many times but I just simply can't trigger the said problem you pointed out so I can only assume your build is the root of the problem :/
#11  March 10, 2019, 09:38:17 pm
    • Brazil

I suggest you test her again in a fresh 1.1b build as it is possible that you have modified something without knowing. I have tested her so many times but I just simply can't trigger the said problem you pointed out so I can only assume your build is the root of the problem :/
Apparently, the bug happens when I have my MUGEN's RenderMode (from the Video options) in DirectX, but not in OpenGL. But I can't use OpenGL because it seems to ruin some colors.
#12  March 11, 2019, 10:25:15 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

Apparently, the bug happens when I have my MUGEN's RenderMode (from the Video options) in DirectX, but not in OpenGL. But I can't use OpenGL because it seems to ruin some colors.

I'm not quite familiar with MUGEN's RenderMode so I suppose this is sorta out of my capability to fix :/. Sorry about that.
#13  March 11, 2019, 01:28:29 pm
    • Brazil

I'm not quite familiar with MUGEN's RenderMode so I suppose this is sorta out of my capability to fix :/. Sorry about that.

Are you sure there isn't something different between the forward one and the diagonal ones? There must be something, only the diagonal ones have this problem and I really wanted to play this character, its one of your best updates to a very deserving character.
#14  March 12, 2019, 12:50:11 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

Are you sure there isn't something different between the forward one and the diagonal ones? There must be something, only the diagonal ones have this problem and I really wanted to play this character, its one of your best updates to a very deserving character.

Doing more researches into this, it seems like DirectX doesn't really support advanced features such as using AngleDraw on RBG sprites (which is necessary for the angle beam) and doing so will lead to crash. Well, I only can suggest you using OpenGL instead since apparently, there is no real work-around of this situation I can think of. Sorry about that.
#15  March 12, 2019, 06:00:49 pm
    • Brazil

Doing more researches into this, it seems like DirectX doesn't really support advanced features such as using AngleDraw on RBG sprites (which is necessary for the angle beam) and doing so will lead to crash. Well, I only can suggest you using OpenGL instead since apparently, there is no real work-around of this situation I can think of. Sorry about that.
Forgive me for insisting, but cannot you adapt it to use different sprites? Like, make new sprites and animations of the beam in the angle beams. I know its more work, but I really liked this update and I'd hate to miss it because its causing my colors to get ruined.
#16  March 12, 2019, 06:41:33 pm
why direct x? It's quite an oldversion. You can use stuff like Reshade with more compatibility with mugen (there's aweird bug in some windows10 builds where you have to rename the opengl32.dll Reshade file to dxgi.dll to work), OpenGL works better if you want something other than the regular output.
#17  March 13, 2019, 10:33:54 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Forgive me for insisting, but cannot you adapt it to use different sprites? Like, make new sprites and animations of the beam in the angle beams. I know its more work, but I really liked this update and I'd hate to miss it because its causing my colors to get ruined.

Very sorry but I'm lazy. More works for me when everything I'm using is working properly is a no. I'm afraid using OpenGL is the only solution for this problem :/.
Re: Captain Marvel (1.0 release + Update 3/30/2019)
#18  March 30, 2019, 03:44:27 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
1.0 version has been released. Cap also received a small update:
- Fixed a glitch involved with Counter FX and Blitzblow.
Re: Captain Marvel (1.0 release + Update 3/30/2019)
#19  March 30, 2019, 05:45:49 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

I only tested her for a few seconds and the 1.0 version has a game breaking bug. Mugen immediately closes after using Photon Blast, whether it's in the ground or the air after landing. Unless this is fixed, I can't test the rest of the character because it will crash every time you use the special move.

Edit: Forgot to read the previous comments, which I also have the same issue.

M.U.G.E.N 1.0 does not support OpenGL. Changing the Rendermode doesn't work and gives me this error if I attempt to change it:

Error message: Unrecognised RenderMode: OpenGL
Error reading data/mugen.cfg

Therefore, the 1.0 version is pointless and will always crash. Don't download it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 06:18:58 am by SolidZone 26
Re: Captain Marvel (Update 3/30/2019)
#20  March 30, 2019, 06:28:23 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
I only tested her for a few seconds and the 1.0 version has a game breaking bug. Mugen immediately closes after using Photon Blast, whether it's in the ground or the air after landing. Unless this is fixed, I can't test the rest of the character because it will crash every time you use the special move.

Edit: Forgot to read the previous comments, which I also have the same issue.

M.U.G.E.N 1.0 does not support OpenGL. Changing the Rendermode doesn't work and gives me this error if I attempt to change it:

Error message: Unrecognised RenderMode: OpenGL
Error reading data/mugen.cfg

Therefore, the 1.0 version is pointless and will always crash. Don't download it.

Awg damn it, I forgot that 1.0 didn't support OpenGL. RIP MUGEN 1.0 users then :/