Started by Memo, February 02, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Buffering.
#21  February 05, 2018, 10:53:09 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
As much as I like this and I managed to get it to work one fighter... it causes major slowdowns and frame lags even on fullscreen when I play with this on simul but 1v1 and turns mode it works just fine.
That's very, very odd, the worst that should happen is if too many explods get generated, commands should stop working, not cause slowdown. Could you upload the character(s) so we can take a look at what's wrong?
#22  February 06, 2018, 01:51:30 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I think it's a PC specs issue cuz this is a brand new laptop I got with 500GB storage and Windows 10 and I ran this on full screen. Thing is when I fight the AI in 1v1, it runs perfectly fine. It's only in Simul I'm having the slowdown. Unless I need to play this on a windowed screen.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#23  February 06, 2018, 02:18:12 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
I think it's a PC specs issue cuz this is a brand new laptop I got with 500GB storage and Windows 10 and I ran this on full screen. Thing is when I fight the AI in 1v1, it runs perfectly fine. It's only in Simul I'm having the slowdown. Unless I need to play this on a windowed screen.
If it's Mugen 1.0. I'd imagine MUGEN is still single threaded and since it's 1.0 it's CPU bound so GPU would be irrelevant. If the resolution is really high on 1.0 apparently it runs slower for some people depending on graphical intensity at higher resolutions (mugen.cfg resolution, if you're running resolution higher than 1080 maybe lower it to 720 in the cfg).

If it's Mugen 1.1 (in OpenGL mode). Check your videocard, if you have an Nvidia/AMD card good! Check to make sure any on-board Intel GFX card is disabled. Laptop Manufacturers, almost always use the same boards with onboard cards and just add an Nvida/AMD card on top, so you'd likely have 2 gfx cards. Problem is they don't configure Windows 10 to prioritize the Nvidia/AMD card, so it is likely using the onboard card for MUGEN rather then your real gfx card. Need to change the priorities around in Nvidia CP, or I think doing some funky stuff in device manager, been awhile since I worked on this so I forget the details.
If it's 1.1 and your using the standard onboard intel card I'm not sure, you may be able to update your drives and get some improvement.

I'm just guessing. Never used the cmd buffering even though I kind of want to try it, especially when i start messing around with charge commands.. Which is after I figure out how to play a charge character without injuring my thumb(curse you SFA3). :)
#24  February 06, 2018, 02:49:18 am
    • USA
Does the slowdown happen when only one character is being used that implemented buffering, or does it only happen when all four characters use it?

And again, it would really help if we could see the character(s) code to see if there's anything else going on.
#25  February 07, 2018, 03:46:21 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I can post the entire .cmd lines of text in a pastebin if that helps. and in 1v1, I used the fighter with the implemented buffering on both sides and neither of them caused any problems. I'll have to check and as for the gfx card thingy... I don't want to tinker around with this laptop I paid a lot of $$$ for to replace my other defected one. I only run 1.1 on OpenGL. I don't use 1.0 anymore.
#26  February 07, 2018, 04:38:34 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I can post the entire .cmd lines of text in a pastebin if that helps. and in 1v1, I used the fighter with the implemented buffering on both sides and neither of them caused any problems. I'll have to check and as for the gfx card thingy... I don't want to tinker around with this laptop I paid a lot of $$$ for to replace my other defected one. I only run 1.1 on OpenGL. I don't use 1.0 anymore.

Don't worry about the gfx stuff I doubt that has anything
to do with it at all, but you should probably send a copy
of the entire char to one of the guys so they can see if its
anything else in the char interfering with the cmd buffer.
They wont be able to find out by just looking at the cmd file.
#27  February 07, 2018, 04:44:22 am
    • USA
Yeah, pretty much. It's hard to pinpoint what the issue might be, so looking at the entire character might be the only way to find out what's going on.
#28  February 07, 2018, 09:45:59 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
#29  February 08, 2018, 05:49:29 am
    • USA
Huh, weird. I can't seem to get the slowdown to happen on my end.

Let's try to figure out if it's something related to your system. Try adding this (temporarily) to a character without the buffering system, and see what happens:
Code:
[State 0, Explod]
type = Explod
trigger1 = numexplod < 1000
anim = 1
removetime = 1000
#30  February 08, 2018, 06:11:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Be sure to increase the explod limit so the stress test happens accurately.
#31  February 10, 2018, 02:43:50 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I did and the only problem it gives me is that I can't see hitsparks, projectiles etc for moments of time. It does give me some lag but not like with Charizard with the buffering. Probably my laptop ain't strong enough. It ain't one of those gaming PCs.
Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:57:39 am by DarkWolf13
#32  February 25, 2018, 09:18:13 am
    • Singapore
Hi chance upon this thread and learned something interesting.
Other than this CMD explod buffering system, are there other systems or subsystems.that i should be aware of in the creation of new char?

I noticed there are alot of scrtls for this explod buffer system. Can check if there is any hard limitations that CMD can support? Cuz my current char has around 400+ commands already. And i read up somewhere AI coding will use ard 300+ commands and there is a cap (not specified in the reddit post)

2nd Qns:

Can share how to increase the limit of explod? And if there is any hard limitations?
Most of my moves for my current WIP char has more than7 explods per move.
#33  February 25, 2018, 09:20:35 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Hi chance upon this thread and learned something interesting.
Other than this CMD explod buffering system, are there other systems or subsystems.that i should be aware of in the creation of new char?

I noticed there are alot of scrtls for this explod buffer system. Can check if there is any hard limitations that CMD can support? Cuz my current char has around 400+ commands already. And i read up somewhere AI coding will use ard 300+ commands and there is a cap (not specified in the reddit post)

2nd Qns:

Can share how to increase the limit of explod? And if there is any hard limitations?
Most of my moves for my current WIP char has more than7 explods per move.

You must be doing Ai commands the old fashion way, no need for
Ai to have 400+ commands lol go check out a 1.0 mugen chars ai

Edit* 

Go check out JNP's new kfm update it has new mugen standards
and a read me that will help you out.
#34  February 25, 2018, 11:18:00 am
    • Singapore
Thankalot memo. Downloading in progress
#35  February 25, 2018, 01:49:54 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I thought there was a maximum of 256 commands in mugen, at least in DOS mugen... did 1.0 expand this limitation??
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!