• www.justnopoint.com/
Re: Ask Basara-Kun!
#902  July 10, 2014, 11:16:10 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
How old are you?
How old were you when started cosplaying?
Left or Right?
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#903  July 10, 2014, 11:40:33 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
-What are the cheapest (and easily recognizable) options for cosplay?  If I decide to go to the local anime convention one day, I was thinking Shinji Ikari (white shirt and black pants) or Madarame from Genshiken (dark green shirt).  But it be hard to recognize who I was cosplaying as.

-What was the most unconventional cosplay you've done?

-Other than Shuma-Gorath, what are your other favorite characters from the MvC series?
-The cheapest cosplays are possible if you got the correct accesories (wig, weapon, etc.) or some special feature you can be recognized well. For example, when I made Philip J. Fry I was with a pizza box and even with a Slurm bottle with me :P also being in a mini team could be a good tactic, in your case, go as Shinji and be accompanied with an Asuka, a Rei or even a Gendo ;)
-Philip from South Park. With a friend we made a team as Terrance and Philip and we did only crazy stuff in the event where we did them, something like Deadpool cosplayers do now
-Mostly I like the chars which I played most (so yeah, I'm a SG player on MSH and MSHvSF). My other favourites are Spiderman, Jin Saotome, Venom, Charlie, Dan Hibiki, Norimaro, Hayato, Captain Commando, Cable, Wolverine, Captain America, Frank West, Rocket Raccoon and Taskmaster

When will our great lord Shuma Gorath arise and devour us?
Could be anyday, but thanks to our savior Doctor Strange (and his god Vishanti), that will never happen, we're all safe now :)

How old are you?
How old were you when started cosplaying?
Left or Right?
-31, but I feel like in 20s yet :P
-I started on 2003 when I have 20yo
-Right, but sometimes I prefer left

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#904  July 10, 2014, 11:48:23 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
-Right, but sometimes I prefer left
so you usually masturbate with your right hand but preffer to use your left hand?

i want to read some spiderman/batman comics. would you please recomend be some arcs?
(and if you could also include the comic# or whatever that would be A+)
#905  July 10, 2014, 11:54:55 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
-Where did the "Basara" part of your username originate from?

-How long have you been in MUGEN?
#906  July 11, 2014, 12:03:58 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Are you ever gonna make updated palettes for Alfred Airhawk?

Aside from Edge of RS, who else from the same series you have or had interested in cosplaying as?

Also you were one of my influences in palette making since '07 of Infantry, ever thought of making .act files again?

DW

#907  July 11, 2014, 12:55:33 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
-What's your favorite color and why?
#908  July 11, 2014, 12:58:43 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
what was the first cosplay you ever did
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#909  July 11, 2014, 02:58:48 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Are you planning on updating XXX or XXX2 any time soon, or hell maybe make an XXX3?
#910  July 11, 2014, 03:05:42 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
-Ever think about doing the rest of the Scott Pilgrim cast? (Like Knives)

-Thought about owning something Dalek-related? (Like those Usb Dalek PC defenders or something)

-Is the Anti-Gouki project still in the works? (I know Duck is making a couple of them, but I mean with your involvement in creating more Goukis)

-Justice or Punishment?
#911  July 11, 2014, 03:20:33 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
What happened to Bishamon?!
#912  July 11, 2014, 05:52:15 am
    • Chile
Wow, a lot to answer!! Part 1:

so you usually masturbate with your right hand but preffer to use your left hand?

i want to read some spiderman/batman comics. would you please recomend be some arcs?
(and if you could also include the comic# or whatever that would be A+)
Well... yeah, sometimes :P however, here're my recommends, I hope this can be useful:
Spoiler: Spider-Man (click to see content)
Spoiler: Batman (click to see content)
I hope this will help you, it took me a lot of time to get this list, so you better thank me, ok??

-Where did the "Basara" part of your username originate from?

-How long have you been in MUGEN?
-Basically thanks to this guy, the -kun suffix I added to the nick because I thought he was too cool for me, so I added the -kun to the nick, and also to difference of other Basara out there (like the ones who called from Macross 7's Basara Nikki, for example)
-I knew about MUGEN from 1999-2000, I started to play since 2001, but as a creator, I started in 2003-4 circa

Are you ever gonna make updated palettes for Alfred Airhawk?

Aside from Edge of RS, who else from the same series you have or had interested in cosplaying as?

Also you were one of my influences in palette making since '07 of Infantry, ever thought of making .act files again?
-Probably yes, I already updated time ago, but I guess I need a second revision of them
-Well, not exactly in my close plans, but I was thinking about Kyosuke, and maybe Vatsu (Kurow disguised as Batsu) but it's not so probable as Kyosuke
-Thanks :D yeah, has passed time since I made palettes, probably I've to make some new ones

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#913  July 11, 2014, 05:57:15 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
how many anime conventions have you been to in total if you can recall?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#914  July 11, 2014, 06:01:39 am
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
-Where in the world do you live?

-Have you had any cosplay blunders?

-What got you hooked to anime?

-[E] once mentioned to me that anime was distributed amongst colleagues before the days of video streaming.  Did you participate in this?
#915  July 11, 2014, 06:12:15 am
  • all is love in fair and war
what do you do with your costumes after being used once? recycle its parts for another costume, or something else?
#916  July 11, 2014, 06:26:39 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
-Well, not exactly in my close plans, but I was thinking about Kyosuke, and maybe Vatsu (Kurow disguised as Batsu) but it's not so probable as Kyosuke
I still have my old Kyosuke costume complete with sleeves, shoes, and belt.

The tricky part was the hair color.  Friends of mine in the cosplay community, few in a certain website you're a member of, use wigs for colors, I always felt dying your hair maybe a spray would be an alternative method.  What do you recommend for hair color on cosplays?
#917  July 11, 2014, 06:34:46 am
    • Chile
OK, now the part 2:

-What's your favorite color and why?
More than one, I have two: blue and green. I like those colors in general, are pleasing to my eyes and also I like what they mean. Also I like white, black and purple, but my favourite are the first 2 mostly

what was the first cosplay you ever did
Tenchi Masaki from Tenchi Muyo! TV, that was my first cosplay I made in 2003 and only recycled a year later

Are you planning on updating XXX or XXX2 any time soon, or hell maybe make an XXX3?
XXX is practically complete, maybe some fixed and adjusts, but not so necessary to update him. XXX2 probably would need one. And XXX3 is already a plan for the future... and you probably met her already: it's the shadow lady with XXX in some of his poses (MOTW B. Jenet with Shiki voices) and... XXX4 is in plans too, the big guy (Hulk in disguise with LB's Shigen voice) in one of XXX2 winposes :P

-Ever think about doing the rest of the Scott Pilgrim cast? (Like Knives)

-Thought about owning something Dalek-related? (Like those Usb Dalek PC defenders or something)

-Is the Anti-Gouki project still in the works? (I know Duck is making a couple of them, but I mean with your involvement in creating more Goukis)

-Justice or Punishment?
-Totally, I hope to make the complete SP roster in a future, and my first character to make after Scott and Nega Scott is Kim Pine (but I would need a new screenshot maker, since Rolento is now busy)
-Not yet, but I want one of Titans figures (SD-like figures, like Kidrobot series or Fisher-Price's Super Hero Time) of Bronze Dalek, I hope to get one soon now I got PayPal :D
-Yes, it's frozen in part, I've working on it from time in time, I coded some part of the clones and added new stages. But I'm still worried about the screenpack and lifebars, I really need help in those things
-A mixture of both

What happened to Bishamon?!
It's frozen by the moment, but he has all basics ready, he's in punching-bag state right now, but I pretend to continue him further ;)

#918  July 11, 2014, 07:06:03 am
    • Chile
Oh wow, more questions :uhoh: here's part 3:

how many anime conventions have you been to in total if you can recall?
Well... after more than 10 years going to them, I lost the count :P

-Where in the world do you live?

-Have you had any cosplay blunders?

-What got you hooked to anime?

-[E] once mentioned to me that anime was distributed amongst colleagues before the days of video streaming.  Did you participate in this?
-In Chile, part of South America (with Argentina, Peru and Bolivia as neighbors). In Santiago (Chile's capital) to be precise
-Yes, I got a few ones, but I got especially 2 cosplay I don't want to mention... and both got Saint Seiya in common
-In high school there was a time when the anime went mainstream in the end of 90s, all my classmates went with it but only I was stuck with it
-Yes, those days before internet reigned as today. In high school I had a schoolmate who has a big brother who worked in an anime store where he pirated VHS tapes with series, movies and OVAs, then we borrowed those tapes to see in our homes or we saw them in school. The quality wasn't good and the languages aren't availables like today (we got subs in english, japanese and even chinese, as well dubs in spanish and english), but in the end the idea was to see anime, so everything was totally valid

what do you do with your costumes after being used once? recycle its parts for another costume, or something else?
I usually I save them for future uses, but not all survived, most of them I sell or the parts are used for new costumes. The good thing is various cosplay parts are made with normal clothes, so sometimes I use them as part of my wardrobe (my Billy kane's jacket was my summer jacket for years XD)

The tricky part was the hair color.  Friends of mine in the cosplay community, few in a certain website you're a member of, use wigs for colors, I always felt dying your hair maybe a spray would be an alternative method.  What do you recommend for hair color on cosplays?
I tried to dye my hair once, I was blonde a couple of times. But in most of times, I use a dying spray who serves to color the hair for the moment and can be washed. A good technique to use this is to make the hairstyle with hair spray/gel and later use that color spray to get the color

#919  July 11, 2014, 08:18:22 am
  • all is love in fair and war
if a costume involves rather expensive stuff like leather or metal, are you going to use real stuff?
#920  July 11, 2014, 04:18:20 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Wich one is your favorite Batman movie?
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand