YesNoOk

Ask Barker (Read 1412119 times)

Started by walt, March 13, 2013, 05:40:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ask XGargoyle
#881  July 10, 2014, 12:41:19 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Who's gonna win the world cup?

Brazil, but not by their own merits. Only because the powers-that-be (FIFA) already wanted that.
xgargoyle was wrong. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE NOW?!!
#882  July 10, 2014, 01:01:30 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Me.

Why you did not answer my previous questions? :'(
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#883  July 10, 2014, 01:13:23 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
he was busy answering saohc's questions, since he is more important than you and all.
#884  July 10, 2014, 01:18:35 am
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Sorry about that.  But with XGargoyle being a programmer and tech guy in general, I got carried away.  Curse me and my techological curiosity.
If I'm nominated as a choice, I'll ask him to answer your questions as a condolence.

He kept up with everyone's questions before, so he should have been able to do so this time.
Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:33:55 am by Saohc
#885  July 10, 2014, 02:03:10 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Sorry about that.  But with XGargoyle being a programmer and tech guy in general, I got carried away.  Curse me and my techological curiosity.
If I'm nominated as a choice, I'll ask him to answer your questions as a condolence.

He kept up with everyone's questions before, so he should have been able to do so this time.
I vote for this guy!
got plenty of questions about shotgun and corpse torturing method here.
#886  July 10, 2014, 06:31:26 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Can you name six brands of beer that you haven't tried yet?
I've been in many countries, so I could name 6 brands of beer from every country that I haven't tried yet :)

How many steps it takes to get you from home to work?
I go by car... so probably about 50 steps until I get to the garage.

What's your favorite animal for eating, cow, chicken, pig, deer, fish?
From that list, chicken. I've never eaten deer, can't say if it's good or not. In all my travels I've eaten exotic meals such as wild boar, bear, ostrich, kangaroo and alligator. Ok, perhaps they are not exotic in you area, but for me they are.

-Do have you ever read the articles on TVTropes?
Of course, who hasn't? I've always been interested in narration and story development, and believe me, TV tropes is a great resource about narrative styles and plot development. It also serves to avoid the common mistakes that script writers do. So yes, not only the articles are funny to read, they are also very instructional if you are interested in writing a story or developing characters.

-Out of "Dreamcast/Gamecube/PS2/Xbox" era, which system(s) did you get?
The PS2. It still works and have ti plugged on teh TV next to the PS1 and the PS3.

-Is there a better "beginner" character than Sol Badguy in Guilty Gear?
Sol Badguy is the quintessence of the "beginner" character in GG. He's easy to control, overpowered, abusive moves, higher priority, and by the way, Dragon Install basically means instant death to all characters

xgargoyle was wrong. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE NOW?!!
Yeah, seems my crystal ball failed on the forecast. I hope you didn't lose much money on any gambling site...

Why you did not answer my previous questions? :'(
Because I didn't see it, sorry man!!

But with XGargoyle being a programmer and tech guy in general, I got carried away.  Curse me and my techological curiosity.

Man, I never said I was a programmer, and I even stated that I didn't earn my salary on coding. You just made that up. My area of expertise is software and hardware related to large format printers.
When a user has a problem with a large format printer, he calls a hotline to have it resolved. If the Call Center is unable to solve it, they send a technician. If the technician is then unable to solve the problem, he reports it to global support center for help from an expert. If the expert is unable to solve it, the problem is escalated to me, and I have to come with a solution for it. I have to identify the root of the problem and if necessary involve the programmers to fix it (if the problem is related to firmware, for instance) or the manufacturing plant (if there's a problem during the production of the printer or if a specific hardware component needs to be ordered). Sometimes I've been sent to another country to repair the printer by myself, as I have the knowledge, skills and resources that local technicians don't have. Sometimes, the printer will be unrepairable and then I arrange a product replacement. That's basically my job.

Obviously, I need to have enough programming knowledge in order to identify if a problem could be related to the firmware or the printer driver, but I'm not the guy who types lines of code to fix the issues ;)

And... that 's all. I hope you enjoyed asking me questions and I wish you've been able to learn curiosities about my life and other stuff.

Next victim would be my buen amigo and cosplay partner-in-crime @Basara

And the first questions are:
- What is your proudest cosplay and why?
- Have you ever travelled to another country to attend a cosplay convention? If yes, where and when?

XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#887  July 10, 2014, 07:41:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Have you crossplayed  (I think teh answer is yes, but I want to set up for the next question just in case)?
Re: Ask Basara-Kun!
#888  July 10, 2014, 08:05:55 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
just a general question:" is this a week or two days per user? cause it seems to switch every time

Mog

#889  July 10, 2014, 08:21:23 pm
In front of me is chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream, is it OK to eat them together?
#890  July 10, 2014, 08:23:34 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Next victim would be my buen amigo and cosplay partner-in-crime @Basara

And the first questions are:
- What is your proudest cosplay and why?
- Have you ever travelled to another country to attend a cosplay convention? If yes, where and when?
Oh wow, I didn't expected to be here to answer questions o_O but yeah, I'll answer you all, so bring it on :smartass2:
-I got many, but my all-time favourite is Reno from Final Fantasy VII, as I always said he's my alter-ego, my other self, the one I always wanted to be. Reno is the most known cosplay I got and I won many prices with him (mostly in team with a Rude and with the whole Turks team). Another proud cosplays I got are Basara Kubikiri, NGBC Yuki, Martin Mystery, Android 17 and DW's First Doctor
-Sadly no, I would like to go Argentina and Brazil to cosplay, I got some friends in those countries who invited me to go, but I've no money to travel. And I have a dream to cosplay in San Diego Comic-Con in a future

Have you crossplayed  (I think teh answer is yes, but I want to set up for the next question just in case)?
Officially no, it's very unlikely I would do some, but as a joke I made an improvisation of Mikasa Ackerman from Shingeki no Kyojin past year on FB to mock all the female cosplayers who made her. I just used my Android 17's wig, a white shirt and a red scarf I got and I took selfies imitating her

just a general question:" is this a week or two days per user? cause it seems to switch every time
I suppose depends of the user who has the answer (like XG) or the creator of this thread (Walt), not about the time

In front of me is chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream, is it OK to eat them together?
I say yes, go for it ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:27:47 pm by Basara-Gorath
#891  July 10, 2014, 08:27:35 pm
#892  July 10, 2014, 08:50:54 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I only had 1 1/2 days before walt said "Oh god this guy writes fucking novels when someone asks a question, better stop that." :(
#893  July 10, 2014, 08:55:26 pm
What is your favorite live-action adaptation of an anime series?

Who would you consider to be the Rude to your Reno?

Do you believe in Seth Rollins?

Most of your works are from obscure fighting games, what evokes you to create these characters?

Which of your creations would you consider to be the absolute worst? Probably Lupin or Kung Fu Fan, right?

#894  July 10, 2014, 09:00:56 pm
  • SNK is life
I only had 1 1/2 days before walt said "Oh god this guy writes fucking novels when someone asks a question, better stop that." :(
My original idea for the dynamic of this thread (not a structured rule-set) was to rotate users every 2 or 3 days (if you got a weekend that was 2 or 3 days, or maybe a bit more time in case people had too many questions for someone like Balthazar) to get the conversation rolling, and more people on the spotlight ... it was not about you ;)

Looks like this thread took life on its own over the course of a weekend when I wasn't around, but it's hardly my thread, so as long as everybody is having fun it's cool.
Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:12:51 pm by walt
#895  July 10, 2014, 09:19:18 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
7 days is totes a weekend, amirite
#896  July 10, 2014, 09:40:13 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I think 7 days is ok.

Some people can't check the forum on normal working days, so they can only do it on the weekend. And on the same fashion, some people are off during the weekend and only check the forum during the rest of the week.

Besides, the person in charge of answering the answers could always give up at anytime and pass the torch to someone else, if he's not happy with it.

You simply don't choose to be asked, so there should be a way out.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#897  July 10, 2014, 10:11:32 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

What is your favorite live-action adaptation of an anime series?

Who would you consider to be the Rude to your Reno?

Do you believe in Seth Rollins?

Most of your works are from obscure fighting games, what evokes you to create these characters?

Which of your creations would you consider to be the absolute worst? Probably Lupin or Kung Fu Fan, right?
-Japanese: I got various, so I can't decide for one only: Ashita no Joe, Gantz, Death Note, Cutie Honey, Rurouni Kenshin and GTO
Non-japanese: Speed Racer, I simply loved what Wachowsky bros. did with him, I enjoyed a lot this movie and almost died of visual diabetes for all the eye candy this movie has, another ones could be Jackie Chan's City Hunter and dorama Boys Over Flowers (korean Hana Yori Dango)
-I got a friend who accompanied as Rude (the guy is tall and really bald) in that time, but also we were closer in those times, actually he retired from cosplay years ago and we aren't close anymore, but he's the closest I could find to be Rude, not just in cosplay
-No, I'm still stuck with The Rock and Steve Austin, and barely I believe in Randy Orton (I don't see much of WWE actually)
-I like fighting games in general, and I have a fascination for obscure games, in part thanks to Melvana. Also, because various of those games I played for real (no MAME/emulator/abandonware/PC related) in arcades from my country when I was a teenager, like Power Instinct 1 and Aggressors of Dark Kombat. And because the chars from those games I liked wasn't for MUGEN yet, which made me recreate them
-None of them, but I asked the same time ago about my creations. I think the absolute worst could be my version of Megaman, the result wasn't what I expected, apart of being full of bugs, unfinished stuff I couldn't fix (like homing missile from MM4) and other things. I planned to update him at some point, but quickly I lost interest on it, maybe giving him back to 1X size but I'm not sure...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#898  July 10, 2014, 10:15:58 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
-What are the cheapest (and easily recognizable) options for cosplay?  If I decide to go to the local anime convention one day, I was thinking Shinji Ikari (white shirt and black pants) or Madarame from Genshiken (dark green shirt).  But it be hard to recognize who I was cosplaying as.

-What was the most unconventional cosplay you've done?

-Other than Shuma-Gorath, what are your other favorite characters from the MvC series?

#899  July 10, 2014, 10:45:59 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
When will our great lord Shuma Gorath arise and devour us?

also 3 days is pretty much the perfect amount of time for this; 7 days just drags on too long
#900  July 10, 2014, 10:47:41 pm
yeah i think everybody should get 3 days regardless of weekends