YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 831404 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#1541  June 23, 2017, 10:44:42 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Peter Rosas: If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things.

Holy shit I want to punch this guy in the face. Might as well make everyone faceless figures if being a character is pointless.
#1542  June 23, 2017, 10:50:19 pm
How dare he diss Skullomania.
I like how the guy he was talking to made Skullomania into an incredibly deep character....as it should be.
#1543  June 23, 2017, 10:56:29 pm
Looks like another Capcom fighter that'll sell below expectations, it's almost like Dark Ages II is just around the corner.

Would a game with MvC gameplay still be popular if they replaced the characters with RPG swordsmen? Or with western cartoon waifus?
#1544  June 23, 2017, 11:04:36 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Pretty sure the game will do well with casual and people that have played the game seem to like it. I dont think the game will do bad
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1545  June 23, 2017, 11:08:01 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
How dare he diss Skullomania.
I like how the guy he was talking to made Skullomania into an incredibly deep character....as it should be.

I'm sorry but skullomania is a fucking joke as a character, and that's why I love him. There's nothing about him that makes him a deep character
#1546  June 23, 2017, 11:31:27 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters
This is the bullshitiest quote out of the whole thing.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1547  June 23, 2017, 11:56:10 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Oh so that Peter guy is Combofiend. No fucking wonder.
#1548  June 24, 2017, 12:49:48 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Combofiend in the near future said:
"M.O.D.O.K isn't returning so we are giving you Mios instead cause, uh, he flies, zones, and is really really evil; basically he's, like, the same guy, right? M.O.D.O.K is just a soulless character model so you really don't need him, like, come on now.
:sadgoi:
Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:57:32 am by Kirishima
#1549  June 24, 2017, 12:53:37 am
"M.O.D.O.K is just a soulless character model so you really don't need him, like, what is wrong with you?"
By that logic every character in this game is useless they're all just soulless character models right?
Sorry something about what he said just rubs me the wrong way.
Edit: I just realised I missed the Combofiend in the near future said on top. I find it kinda bad that I can see him saying that.
Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:06:59 am by Memes never die
#1550  June 24, 2017, 12:59:17 am
Combofiend is a community manager, which I'm sure PR is part of the job. Game's getting torn to shreads so I'm sure they have to be thinking of damage control, and he goes out to make a dumbshit comment like that. They really make it too easy.

Pretty sure the game will do well with casual

But do they deserve to?
#1551  June 24, 2017, 01:10:22 am
Game's getting torn to shreads
I've read that seasoned players who tested it at E3 said the game played great, to the point that some dumbshits started rumors that these guys were paid by Capcom.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1552  June 24, 2017, 01:15:50 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#1553  June 24, 2017, 01:18:40 am
That's the thing. The core gameplay has been highly praised, I've heard lots of good things about it, and I don't think they're shilling. But the louder majority of non-competitive fans despise a lot of the choices Capcom has made, understandingly so. But it's fostered this atmosphere that saying anything good about the game makes someone a shill.

https://facebook.com/Viscant/posts/1417305771679527
Viscant came out and spoke about the clashing perspectives, explaining better than I could.
Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:21:47 am by Niitris
#1554  June 24, 2017, 01:22:06 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#1555  June 24, 2017, 01:31:22 am
But the louder majority of non-competitive fans despise a lot of the choices Capcom has made, understandingly so. But it's fostered this atmosphere that saying anything good about the game makes someone a shill.
Right, business as usual then from the Capcom Co., Ltd. / Capcom Co., Ltd. crowd.
edit - the fuck, it got so bad that crap and cash com got wordfiltered ? lol
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1556  June 24, 2017, 02:50:07 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
But the louder majority of non-competitive fans despise a lot of the choices Capcom has made, understandingly so. But it's fostered this atmosphere that saying anything good about the game makes someone a shill.
Right, business as usual then from the Capcom Co., Ltd. / Capcom Co., Ltd. crowd.
edit - the fuck, it got so bad that crap and cash com got wordfiltered ? lol
yeah the butthurt kiddies crying out would fill whole threads with it. I got some QQ from gbk and the rest at the time =P
#1557  June 24, 2017, 07:43:56 pm
    • USA
Peter Rosas: If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things.

Holy shit I want to punch this guy in the face. Might as well make everyone faceless figures if being a character is pointless.

You mean like this?
#1558  June 24, 2017, 08:03:58 pm
    • USA
If you were expecting the X-Men and used the movies as a justification for their inclusion you really must have lived under a rock for the last fucking decade. You really shouldn't be smug or anything about it.

I dont recall saying i expected the x men or anybody nor was i being smug lol. You guys are really upset that my opinion on their choices differ from yours but thats ok. Its just a video game. No need to be upset. Its just my opinion
#1559  June 24, 2017, 08:38:02 pm
I dont recall saying i expected the x men or anybody
Marvel moves are big now so we want some of that money.

Which i'm not hating on i know its a business but hell. but by that logic you have already fucked up cuz Half of the UMVC3 Roster has had movies since its release and most of those characters are absent.
Figured it went without saying im not talking about MCU....they arent the only marvel chars that had movies
you're talking about most of the missing roster of umvc3 that has movies and you weren't talking about mcu. you were talking about umvc3's non mcu characters and that's mostly xmen. i know it sucks to do but read your own fucking posts for once

My point was previously stated in my original post, (helpful hint) it pays to read the whole post and not skim through it.
fyi this is being smug
#1560  June 24, 2017, 09:11:18 pm
    • USA
Lmao your so angry

And yet you didnt quote anything of me saying i EXPECTED these characters.  All that was in response to that one particular interview and what they were saying. I even said (In your quoted section i might add) That by THEIR logic. I could get into how marvel as a company can still benefit from non mcu characters being in games such as lego and all those infinity games they put out. But why argue clearly you gentlemen are looking to argue

Its not being smug when you refuse to argue with ppl. Its just taking the classy road, i apologize for any confusion