YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Read 893322 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#221  December 06, 2012, 07:53:26 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Wow they made smokey really black, hur hur.

Stroheim sounds way hammy, which is very good thing.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#222  December 06, 2012, 08:05:34 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#223  December 06, 2012, 08:16:17 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Well I knew that, I just always imagined him as a bit lighter shade of black (THATS NOT RACIST IS IT GUYS). It's like the Stroheim clothes colour thing. You expect it to be something, then its not and it feels weird for a moment.

#224  December 07, 2012, 12:36:33 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
But smokey was a really, really dark skinned black guy  in the manga. Blackface-like, I'd say.
#225  December 07, 2012, 01:20:13 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Was he?

God damn, I need to read part 2 again.

#226  December 07, 2012, 01:34:56 am
Yeah, the anime version is spot on for the face itself, take a screenshot and make it black and white, you'll get his exact face from the manga in B&W, and you'll see ....

... no difference !

(actually it seems they gave him braided long hair here, I don't see why, I remember him having short hair in the manga)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#227  December 07, 2012, 03:45:45 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Smokey had a braid in one of the chapters. It's there if you look for it.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#228  December 08, 2012, 01:30:49 am
Ep 10 is out. The music style did change (some Jazzy~rock n' roll rhythm background, though not so great for now), and it ends on JoJo engaging Straights. Next ep preview shows Stroheim in Mexico already.
They didn't show the new opening yet.
Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:35:19 am by DKDC
#229  December 08, 2012, 01:44:58 am
Does anyone know what's the most favorable fansub available for this show again. I know this was brought up before ,but I don't think there was a solid answer (please not nutbladder or gg, that's what i'm running from)
#230  December 08, 2012, 01:46:28 am
Deadfish on Monday, which I'm told is a reencoding of Commie (better video quality)
(sub quality discussion was two pages ago if you want to check it again for details)
Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:52:42 am by DKDC
#231  December 08, 2012, 10:44:41 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
They took out "I may have to kick your ass". Other then that it pretty damn good.

Plus good music.

#232  December 08, 2012, 01:11:34 pm
They took out "I may have to kick your ass".
They didn't ? The translation you used was probably bad - or just not using the manga as reference. He says the exact same thing to the taxi driver word for word (in Japanese at least) as he did in the manga.
(keep in mind that the original line is rather short, and anime subtitle really avoid putting long sentences in subs when the spoken line is short, so that line may disappear forever if a more fitting translation is found)
Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:15:13 pm by DKDC
#233  December 08, 2012, 01:18:43 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Actually you right, the taxi one is still there. I was talking about the one to the mafia guy in the restaurant.

#234  December 08, 2012, 01:23:04 pm
I'm comparing it with the Japanese manga and he doesn't say it in that scene, just "I can't forgive you for saying that in front of my grandma" :P
#235  December 08, 2012, 01:28:44 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
this one

#236  December 08, 2012, 01:59:27 pm
I know, in that panel in the Japanese version he just says "wh- what did you just say ? Depending on your answer in front of my grandma, I may not forgive you !" ("baa-chan no mae de baai ni yotte wa yurusan" when his usual "I may have to kick your ass" line is "baai ni yoccha buttobasu")

(they did skip this line in the anime apparently, though, just kept the "what did you say"... I suppose it was redundant since he says "I won't forgive you for saying such awful news casually in front of my grandma" again after punching him)
Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:13:27 pm by DKDC
#237  December 08, 2012, 02:10:14 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Oh, ok.

I am learning so much from you.

#238  December 09, 2012, 05:16:46 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Deadfish's video quality isn't better, they just encode the file to run on lower-end systems (The loss of quality is barely noticeable though)

As for episode 10, they skipped the part where Joseph was checking out the American girls and acting as a womanizer, other than that the episode was good.
The new opening will debut next week  (Part 1's first episode didn't have an opening, remember?) I would like to see another ending but the webpage only lists Roundabout. They could change the song after the end of the cour/episode 12, it's not very likely but it could happen.

SNT

#239  December 09, 2012, 06:04:17 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I know, in that panel in the Japanese version he just says "wh- what did you just say ? Depending on your answer in front of my grandma, I may not forgive you !" ("baa-chan no mae de baai ni yotte wa yurusan" when his usual "I may have to kick your ass" line is "baai ni yoccha buttobasu")

(they did skip this line in the anime apparently, though, just kept the "what did you say"... I suppose it was redundant since he says "I won't forgive you for saying such awful news casually in front of my grandma" again after punching him)
The anime skipped it, but Nutbladder have apparently added the line into their subs anyway.
#240  December 09, 2012, 07:34:47 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Uhh, that's from chapter 15 and it's been out for a while.

It has? and are you postive it's chapter 15? cuz it's labled 16 for some reason :/ but Idk. Anyways, where do website you read jojolion from S.D.? because I don't wanna be behind reading it also same for the anime cuz I switch different sites to watch the new episodes when they come out.