YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Read 898237 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#601  October 16, 2013, 11:06:23 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
so stardust crusaders and the new sailor moon anime will air during the same season, right?

then in that case the prophecies were true!

Star Platinum Power Stand Up!
#602  October 16, 2013, 11:07:50 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
He also sent Koichi on his mission to Italy to find Giorno. Not much but there's that.

Polnareff did more in PArt 5 though.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#603  October 16, 2013, 11:45:49 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
They might not be award material protagonists, but saying that they "did nothing important" is bullshit.

Okay, maybe 'nothing' is stretching it a bit.  But both Giorno and Jotaro had this weird problem where they would just hang around in the background and never say anything or do anything for huge stretches at a time while all of the other characters were making the plot happen.  Then they would get into a big fight to remind readers that they were still around.  Even Jonathan at least did stuff during his run.

he never did anything important

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

i can see why people wouldn't like him (i don't care for him either) but he was there for a reason

...except for his other appearances i dunno what to tell you there

That's the other thing I can't stand about Jotaro.  Every part he plays a major role in, all he does is stand around holding his cap down over his eyes while the rest of the team does all of the heavy lifting, then he swoops in at the last possible second to dispatch the Big Bad.  And somehow that makes him a big cool hero?
#604  October 16, 2013, 11:49:38 pm
Every part he plays a major role in, all he does is stand around holding his cap down over his eyes while the rest of the team does all of the heavy lifting, then he swoops in at the last possible second to dispatch the Big Bad.  And somehow that makes him a big cool hero?
Considering that most of the time the big bad has this unbelievable power that no one even begins to understand and definitely stands any chance against ? Yes. Dio's time stop, Pucci's ability stealing and gravity shift, Diavolo's time erasure, no problem.
Come on, what are you doing. No one called him a "big cool hero". You don't have to try and act like everyone worships him and then insist on dragging the characters in the dirt because you hate them. Tall dark and silent, with the power to demolish any bad guy like it was no sweat when no one else could touch them, some people like that, deal with it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:54:59 pm by DKDC
#605  October 16, 2013, 11:59:02 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
LOL, Just because the protagonist isn't some overly ADD whore that hogs most of the fights and is generally obnoxious like a majority of the shonen doesn't make him any less important. Him not talking is a characteristic.
I'm pretty sure he's been involved in most fights in part 3 in some way. Can't speak for the other parts tho.
#606  October 17, 2013, 12:05:44 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
It helps that even if he starts out like it, Jotaro rather quickly becomes less of a generic grumpy asshole that says "hmph!" all the time and makes dumb excuses to not look like a loser. He's still fairly taciturn and grumpy looking but he breaks out fairly well especially in Part 4 where he's older and wiser. He doesn't even spam his catchphrase that much in Part 4, about like, 3 or 4 times?
#607  October 17, 2013, 12:09:49 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Ocean scientist.
That is all.
#608  October 17, 2013, 12:16:23 am
By the way, when word got out about Dio's time stop, everyone was all "let's run the fuck away" except Jotaro who was all "LOL NO Imma walk up to him. Why ? Because if I don't, how else am I gonna sock him in the teeth ?" (and then he puts his fists where his mouth is) (and by that I mean Dio's mouth) I'm sorry, but I don't mind if he's silent most of the time, that's a character I like right there.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:21:31 am by DKDC
#609  October 17, 2013, 12:22:04 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
And he does have the best fucking oneliners.

"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#610  October 17, 2013, 12:22:30 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
And at one point, fooling DIO with a magnet and making the guy think he couldn't move in stopped time.
#611  October 17, 2013, 12:24:10 am
  • SNK is life
By the way, when word got out about Dio's time stop, everyone was all "let's run the fuck away" except Jotaro who was all "LOL NO Imma walk up to him. Why ? Because if I don't, how else am I gonna sock him in the teeth ?" (and then he puts his fists where his mouth is) (and by that I mean Dio's mouth) I'm sorry, but I don't mind if he's silent most of the time, that's a character I like right there.
Great point.

Like somebody else said, just because the other characters shine when under the spotlight, it doesn't mean the other characters automatically have to OMG SUCK.
#612  October 17, 2013, 12:25:49 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland

#613  October 17, 2013, 12:27:07 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
The OVA took out loads and fudged up Vanilla Ice's death.
#614  October 17, 2013, 01:28:12 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Jotaro vs the D'arby brothers was pretty amazing too.
He's not my favorite JoJo and yes he's kinda boring but uh... being all pissed and saying he sucks? Really?
List of things Giorno did
-Beat Ciocoletta
-Beat Diavolo
-Helped beat Ghiacco
-Saved Fugo's life
-Saved Polnareff's life

That seems like enough to me.  As for Jotaro he had more fights than anyone it's just that all of part 3's team got to have their time in the spotlight.
He also helped Bruno stay alive for 95% of part 5 (He gets supercharged with life thanks to Gold Experience's ability, that's why he's in zombie status even though Diavolo "kills" him the first time)

Posted: October 18, 2013, 06:46:01 am
Official website updated.
http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/
#615  October 19, 2013, 03:53:48 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland

Star platinium looking so fucking pumped.

#616  October 19, 2013, 04:11:43 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
I'm sorry for asking this, i'm no longer up-to-date with the Jojo news, but when will Stardust Crusaders be released? Was it announced?

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#617  October 19, 2013, 04:15:05 pm
Are you not even looking at the images in the post right above yours ? Just backtrack that discussion. (you can skip the "is Jotaro cool or shitty" discussion - that's, uh, two pages of crap) (or just two posts above for the short version)
#618  October 19, 2013, 05:45:00 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
I'm guessing you misinterpreted part of my post.
Was it announced?
When I said this, I meant the announce date of when it'll resume again on tv.

And yeah, the debate about "Why are the protagonists of Jojo so lazy, always hanging out in the background, making everyone else do all the work, etc." kinda made me not want to explore the last few pages.

Thanks for the info, Dec. 22 is now marked on my calendar.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#619  October 19, 2013, 06:27:31 pm
The images of Jotaro and Star Platinum are the ones that were used for the announcement. The official site http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/ was updated to showcase the upcoming part 3. So yes, it was announced.
#620  October 19, 2013, 10:52:44 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
It seems like December 22 is actually the date for Jump Festa and that's when the official date will be revealed along with a trailer, we only know that it's getting released next year but yeah, next time read the thread. It's faster than just waiting for someone to reply

New JoJolion is out.
Joshu uhh... well, let's just say that he attempt to do something really dumb.