YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1557146 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC7 + BGs beta
#901  July 28, 2013, 04:38:33 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Wait.

We leaving MUGEN?

Where did you get the idea?

There are plenty of people here doing MUGEN things.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#902  July 28, 2013, 05:45:30 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Thank you for the update! I'll try it out ASAP. There's still a community here, so don't give up on it so soon. I understand what you're saying though. You make a valid and true point. :D

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#903  July 28, 2013, 06:12:35 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Your just saying that because not many people is posting on the topic. This is one of the best programs I ever used for editing characters and I thank you making such a great user friendly character maker. I tried the update and I haven't found anymore issues. The program no longer crashes when I load vyn's MvC-EoH characters. I just forgot to reply to let you know, sorry about that.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#904  July 28, 2013, 09:31:27 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
As people seems to be leaving Mugen, I have many other projects to work with, and the small feedback in the last few versions, I will start to work on FF in the same frequency people report things here

I don't see "people leaving mugen" too much. People leaves, and new people comes. About the feedback, there was a lot of feedback on this topic while you were away. I was away a little (and I still am) but people are still very active here. Its your choice, though.

Maybe spend some time on *that* idea I gave you? ;)
#905  July 29, 2013, 12:01:25 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Yes, I know, we have many people working on Mugen here. My point is:
- I have other projects;
- In the last 10-11 months that the FF3 development was paused we had 1 page of feedback (and I keep reading feedbacks even if I don't post anything; eg.: already fixed all bugs reported in this period);
If I don't see people interested on testing FF and reporting things, I will assume that everything is OK and move on to another project. It's just a time balancing method to keep all projects alive and up to date.
I'm posting this here to let people know that if they want updates, bug fixes or any sort of improvement we need to work together, we need feedback, we need that people make my efforts worthwhile. Simple like that.
#906  July 29, 2013, 03:12:59 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
- In the last 10-11 months that the FF3 development was paused we had 1 page of feedback (and I keep reading feedbacks even if I don't post anything; eg.: already fixed all bugs reported in this period);

Holy shit, that's too long for no feedback. Now I understand how you feel about that. Also, I kinda wished that maybe you put the link for FF3 on your official website (the one with FFU), that way people can download it in one large file instead of multiple patches. Also, I'm no pro with computing, but I'll download the files that I need to and see how it works. Um, which files do I have to download specifically, cause I'm really confused here.
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#907  July 29, 2013, 03:30:23 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
#908  July 29, 2013, 04:02:19 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#909  July 29, 2013, 04:27:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
maybe people stopped to give feedback because they think you had quit (many people asked me this).

This. Not that we thought you quit. But that perhaps you were too busy to work on anything with it. You have to post on occasions here so people won't think you're AWOL.

#910  July 29, 2013, 04:32:46 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
No problem with this stage here. Do you have the latest version (I changed the full links two times)? The freeze occurs when you open the stage or later, in the BGs editor. Maybe a graphics driver fail, because the BGs editor is OpenGL only due to simulation performance.

Very nice stage, being simulated in real-time at rock-solid 60fps :)
I just notice some issues in the editor, but it's very nice for the first version. I need to implement all the remaining features and improve the current ones.

maybe people stopped to give feedback because they think you had quit (many people asked me this).

This. Not that we thought you quit. But that perhaps you were too busy to work on anything with it. You have to post on occasions here so people won't think you're AWOL.
That's right too.  ;)
#911  July 29, 2013, 05:10:32 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite
Hey, I don't know if this was ever brought up, but there's a bug in the animation text editor. If I copy and paste parts of one animation to another, It deletes the animation I was editing. As long as I don't save after applying the copy/paste, I still have it in the actual character, but it's gone from FF.
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#912  July 29, 2013, 05:21:29 am
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
FF3 crashes when I try to apply a new design template (Ultimate, Classic, ect.) when I have a project currently open. It doesn't crash if I apply a new template when there are no projects open.

Just wanted to point out this bug.
#913  July 29, 2013, 05:28:58 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Do you have the latest version?
For sure! you know that, excepting you, nobody have more versions of FF than me :) I think I have the last 10 updates on my machine yet (for example, the ones without the MVC thing). Maybe it was just a bug on my old pc (an old one).

I agree with waht JNP said.

As for BG editor, I realized just hours ago that you can preview the stage, that is pretty cool! I remember there is a stage from the 2013 Stage Competition (look at Mugen discussion) that the floor appears strange on the preview (cutted out) but works fine on the game. I can't remember the stage name, I THINK its the SC2 one.

btw, where is the full text editor for AIR?  When it was removed?
#914  July 29, 2013, 06:23:19 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#915  July 29, 2013, 09:00:13 am
    • Canada
Yes, I know, we have many people working on Mugen here. My point is:
- I have other projects;
If I don't see people interested on testing FF and reporting things, I will assume that everything is OK and move on to another project. It's just a time balancing method to keep all projects alive and up to date.
I'm posting this here to let people know that if they want updates, bug fixes or any sort of improvement we need to work together, we need feedback, we need that people make my efforts worthwhile. Simple like that.

I gotta agree with the others. I wouldn't retire or halt the production completely over the lack of feedback. There's always room for improvement as well as new features similar to the BG viewer. Stopping now would be a bit premature as I feel Fighter Factory still has much more room to grow.

Anyway, BG bug report. I'm not sure if anyone else ran into this problem, but any stage I load up basically does this.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I can move the image around but it's all zoomed in super close.
#916  July 29, 2013, 03:29:06 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
#917  July 29, 2013, 04:04:33 pm
    • UK
i need a link!
#918  July 29, 2013, 05:52:35 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hey, I don't know if this was ever brought up, but there's a bug in the animation text editor. If I copy and paste parts of one animation to another, It deletes the animation I was editing. As long as I don't save after applying the copy/paste, I still have it in the actual character, but it's gone from FF.
OK, checking this.

FF3 crashes when I try to apply a new design template (Ultimate, Classic, ect.) when I have a project currently open. It doesn't crash if I apply a new template when there are no projects open.

Just wanted to point out this bug.
Can't reproduce.

But I will explain how to configure Windows to automatically generate crash dumps when a process crashes.

Windows XP

1) Open a command prompt, running as administrator
2) Run drwtsn32 -i. This will install Doctor Watson as the default debugger when something crashes
3) Click Ok
4) From the command prompt, run drwtsn32
5) Set the Crash Dump path to your favorite directory, or leave the default.
6) Set the Crash Dump Type to mini. Note that under some circumstances, we may ask you for a full crash dump.
7) Make sure the Dump All Thread Contexts and Create Crash Dump File options are selected.
8) Click Ok
9) If a user.dmp file already exists in the Crash Dump path, delete it.

If FF3 crashes after this, you will find a new dump file in the Crash Dump path selected above. The default path is "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp". Copy this file to a different location and then upload it with your bug report.

Windows Vista and Windows 7

1) Open RegEdit
2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting
3) Under Windows Error Reporting, create a new registry key named LocalDumps.

If FF3 crashes after this, you will find a new dump file under %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps. The dump file will be named something along the lines of ff32.exe.5884.dmp.

Then you just need to send me the crash dump. I will post this in the first post later.

As for BG editor, I realized just hours ago that you can preview the stage, that is pretty cool! I remember there is a stage from the 2013 Stage Competition (look at Mugen discussion) that the floor appears strange on the preview (cutted out) but works fine on the game. I can't remember the stage name, I THINK its the SC2 one.
OK, I will test it.

btw, where is the full text editor for AIR?  When it was removed?
It's in the same place. Check the menu.

Anyway, BG bug report. I'm not sure if anyone else ran into this problem, but any stage I load up basically does this.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I can move the image around but it's all zoomed in super close.
Try to reduce the zoom level and check if the problem persists.

i need a link!
First post.
#919  July 29, 2013, 09:05:33 pm
    • Canada
#920  July 30, 2013, 02:24:40 am
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
I managed to reproduce the bug.
-Had 2 projects open.
-Open a new blank project. New > New Project > Hit Enter.
-Options -> Interface -> Preset: Classic
-Apply.
-Crash.

I saved the .dmp file. Here it is: FF3.dmp